CJohn

Kong: Skull Island | March 10, 2017 | Tom Hiddleston, Brie Larson, John Goodman | Crosses 500M WW

Dear God in heaven I hope it's nothing like the Peter Jackson version. I still remember my mother and cousin falling asleep during it before Kong even showed up when we saw it in theaters the day after Christmas when it came out. Movie needed like 40-60 minutes of dullness cut out of it.

Granted, I don't hate the movie because I can at least fast forward to the good parts on Blu-ray.

Edited by Yandereprime

Shave off most of the scenes bloat on the boat headed towards Skull Island and Jackson's King Kong is mostly good... and 10 times better than Gareth Edward's horrible Godzilla movie.

Now way. Jackson Kong sucked the 1933 was way better then his piece of crap. 

• Like 1

Shave off most of the scenes bloat on the boat headed towards Skull Island and Jackson's King Kong is mostly good... and 10 times better than Gareth Edward's horrible Godzilla movie.

I really liked King Kong despite the bloat. (1933 was obviously much better)

However Godzilla 2014 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Jacksons King Kong

• Like 6

What we should note is that King Kong made more than either Pacific Rim or Godzilla...

Hey man, what you think about Peter Berg directing this, I don't know the story very well but I think he would be an interesting choice. 

• Like 1

Now way. Jackson Kong sucked the 1933 was way better then his piece of crap. 

I really liked King Kong despite the bloat. (1933 was obviously much better)

However Godzilla 2014 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Jacksons King Kong

Man, you guys confuse me.  Jackson's King Kong has its problems, but none of them are fatal.  Its got good acting in it and its not dull with lots of memorable scenes like the giant bug attack, Godzilla vs the T-Rexs, Watts dancing for Kong to avoid getting killed, and an emotional ending. 

Godzilla 2014....? It has the most unmemorable characters I've seen in quite awhile and Godzilla is hardly in his own goddamn movie.  What a stinker.

• Like 5

Hey man, what you think about Peter Berg directing this, I don't know the story very well but I think he would be an interesting choice. 

Eh, I don't really like Berg as a director.  Friday Night Lights was pretty good, but everything else he has made so far has been a miss for me.

He can direct some good war action though, so I would love to see him get his hands on a good war movie that can focus more on the action without losing out on the real importance of the story, like with Lone Survivor, that focused way to much on the battle and credited his survival mostly to his teammates, where in actuality the book focuses much more on the man who housed him and protected him.  The film breezes past that, which is a shame given how that's the most interesting part of the story with the most commentary on the real situation in the Middle East.

Lone Survivor should have been a drama with action, not an action with dramatic parts that didn't seem to fit.  It was more about patriotism than the actual story.

Anyways, I think Berg (Despite showing some potential as a director) would be a bad choice for this, monster movies definitely dont fit his niche.

• Like 1

Man, you guys confuse me.  Jackson's King Kong has its problems, but none of them are fatal.  Its got good acting in it and its not dull with lots of memorable scenes like the giant bug attack, Godzilla vs the T-Rexs, Watts dancing for Kong to avoid getting killed, and an emotional ending. 

Godzilla 2014....? It has the most unmemorable characters I've seen in quite awhile and Godzilla is hardly in his own goddamn movie.  What a stinker.

Yeah, but does King Kong have this?

Posted Image

• Like 6