CJohn

Kong: Skull Island | March 10, 2017 | Tom Hiddleston, Brie Larson, John Goodman | Crosses 500M WW

Yeah the musical Phantom of the Opera is the same story, I find it very difficult to think that Universal would make a Phantom movie without it being a musical remake

They don't have the rights to the musical. (WB/Webber) The story originated from a novel, which their film was based on. It could work.

Pretty excited about this and yet disappointed at the same time. This lost some potential because it can't be connected to Godzilla anymore. :(

I feel a little different on this... First, I wasn't really a big fan of the new Godzilla. And second, I kind of like the idea of Skull Island not being part of the Godzilla universe, as what happens in the movie doesn't have to be tied to what happened in Godzilla, and it isn't restricted to follow the continuity