128 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

I'm usually not griping about misleading trailers since Marvel tends to pull that trick all the time (to the point where I almost expect it - how much they do it varies by film of course) but I see where you're coming from red. Didn't hurt the experience for me though.

Edited by C00k13zilla
  • Like 2

As I mentioned before, I actually prefer the direction they took the film, but there's no denying that the marketing wanted you to think this was a 'Godzilla rampages' film.

• Like 4

My rating is: BI actually loved the first part. Cranston was amazing so I was annoyed he was killed off so quicklyThe last 40 minutes were pretty boring and the film was way too dark at times it was hard to see what was going on

Edited by MeanGirlsFilms
  • Like 1

Correct me if I'm wrong, but they finally sent out a general evac and she decided to stay to wait for ATJ, not to help. I don't remember anything about her helping anyone. All I remember from that point on was: one minute she was at the hospital waiting, then cut to her standing in the middle of the road, seeing a monster, reacting, and then running. Cut to her in a different location, seeing a monster, reacting, and then running.That's it.

Ah, I remember her at an ambulance when she saw the first MUTO, it kinda cuts back and forth between it and her, then Godzilla arrives. The funny thing is they changed this scene from the trailer. originally it was the doors closing on him, but in the movie it was the MUTO and Godzilla going at it. 

• Community Manager

FUCK YES!A

Yes, the movie has some flaws and I'm sure some people have pointed them out but I'm able to excuse those flaws because THIS is exactly what a Godzilla movie should be. This is how you start a franchise: actually make me want to watch a second movie immediately.

• Like 12

I dunno. The first 30 minutes were good, the last 30 minutes are great, but the middle hour is a monumental slog.

Desplat's score is spectacular, absolutely terrific. Cranston hams it up right and Watanabe's serious readings of terrible dialogue is almost too entertaining. All the human stuff fails though.

• Like 3

Posted Image

This scene was not in the movie. Seems to be replaced with him fighting the MUTO as the doors was closing.

Yeah they tried to hide the multiple monster stuff until the Asia Trailer. The Asia Trailer gave me a feeling that it wouldn't be the next Gojira in tone.

My rating is: BI actually loved the first part. Cranston was amazing so I was annoyed he was killed off so quicklyThe last 40 minutes were pretty boring and the film was way too dark at times it was hard to see what was going on

I enjoyed it a lot more at the beginning.  Once Cranston dies, it basically becomes unbearable imo.

Hmm

Wait for it...

Wait for it......

It's Godzi..... Oh nope not yet (but we do get to see some state of the art black and white images of a fight)

Wait for it... (some bad acting)

Wait for it.......... (poor visual effects to add to the poor acting)

It's Godzilla fighting two monsters for about 10 minutes, then the movie ends.

What a disappointment; I'll give it a C-, but it probably deserves a D.

• Like 3

Just typed a 3 paragraph review only to accidently delete it ughhh. I agree with most the stuff you guys are saying. Gareth can compose a shot though and creates many good moments. He has a bright future ahead of him but overall...

Pacific Rim > Godzilla

Am I the only one who thought we had too much Godzilla?

B (85)

• Like 5

Godzilla: The King is back and is ready to kick the ass of the 98 Godzilla. Very good performances from all the actors. Bryan Cranston outshines all the human actors but shamefully isn't in the film as much as I hoped for. There's a strong build up throughout the entire film, that leads to this awesome final 20 - 25 minutes that will leave Godzilla fans clapping and cheering. The story is as well really good and makes references to other Godzilla films (cough 1954 cough cough)

The only two things I really have to complain about is that the film doesn't show Godzilla enough. Every time you think you're going to get that big fight, they quickly cut away to something else. I would of loved a little more Godzilla especially toward the end. Don't worry that big epic fight comes but you just need to have patience because when that fight comes, it put the biggest smile on my face.

Grade: A-

• Like 4

I liked this film a lot. The first and third act were great. The score was amazing and the build up to Godzilla was fantastic. Cranston did outstanding job!!!! The final between Godzilla and Mutos was so much fun to watch. The city destruction was great compare pretty every other blockbuster. There was this since of dread when the kaiju were heading towards the cities.  Only problem is Aaron Tyler Johnson is a weak lead and has a hard time carrying the film. Some parts of the screenplay were weak, so there is room for improvement for the sequel.

4/5

• Like 3