riczhang

CAYOM Year 8 Oscar Nominations (Voting Closed; Ceremony on the 25th)

You also jumped Supporting Actress if I'm not mistaken.

That was actually a subtle protest against the way actresses in CAYOM have been so painfully ignored this year. Totally. I didn't forget at all. *whistles nervously*

(Fine, I've fixed it now.)

• Like 1

That was actually a subtle protest against the way actresses in CAYOM have been so painfully ignored this year. Totally. I didn't forget at all. *whistles nervously*

(Fine, I've fixed it now.)

MUUUUUUUUUCH better now.

How do I PM?

Click on someone's username to go their profile, then click on the 'Send me a Message' button.

Also, I'm taking this to assume you're voting? Which I'm very happy with.

Click on someone's username to go their profile, then click on the 'Send me a Message' button.

Also, I'm taking this to assume you're voting? Which I'm very happy with.

But you're assuming that your films are in tight races ;) 

which you might be right about.

:ph34r:
or totally off base.
:P I'll let you decide.

But you're assuming that your films are in tight races ;)

which you might be right about.

:ph34r:
or totally off base.
:P I'll let you decide.

You

Complete

Bastard

• Like 1

You

Complete

Bastard

Love you too :P

But I wouldn't worry to much; it is what it is :lol: I don't think there are really too many shockers; mostly, the expected films do win, especially in the top of the line categories. 

Edited by riczhang

I have tabulated the ballots already seeing as Rorsharch just voted and Hiccup is MIA so it doesn't look like any more ballots are coming in and I'm quite busy for the next while. 

Some interesting tid-bits that don't really give away anything: 

[*]Only 9 films won something; a CAYOM low tied with Y2, which was I believe quite dead. [*]The last 2 ballots tabulated (not necessarily submitted because I tabulated the numerically ordered ballots first) changed multiple categories around  [*]There were multiple tiebreakers involved; it remains to be seen if any of them actually resulted in a dead heat. 

And I want to make an Oscar joke from the 2010 Oscars, but I'll give away to much so I can't :(

Come on Mushishi technical sweep!

Also, when you say 9 films won something, I think you mean 8 films and Guardians of the West. That's the only 100% bona fida lock I see.

Come on Mushishi technical sweep!

Also, when you say 9 films won something, I think you mean 8 films and Guardians of the West. That's the only 100% bona fida lock I see.

A documentary is a film as well :P 

Just cause I want to know, when you said you had only counted 2 ballots a bit ago, was mine one of them

I can't remember honestly. Sorry. :(

Okay, I'm gonna take a wild guess at which 8 films (and Guardians of the West) riczhang is talking about. Here are the 6 I'm pretty sure about.

Mushishi (with 15 noms, I'd be surprised if it didn't win something (most likely Score))

Bronx (likely to take at least Adapted Screenplay)

Resonance (likely to take either Best Actor or some of the sound categories)

Hand Drawn Heroes (likely to take some of the animation categories and/or best song)

Redwall (pretty likely to take Supporting Voice Actor, even if HDH takes the grand prize)

Starcraft: Brood War (likely to take Action)

And here are the ones I'm not too sure about, but think could win

The Concert's End (could take Ensemble or Original Screenplay or a technical category)

Cinema Studies (could take Actress or Original Screenplay)

The Giver (could take nearly anything it's nominated for)

Flowers for Algernon (same as above)

I'd be pretty surprised if any film outside those 10 makes it (except maybe Tommy)