riczhang

CAYOM Year 8 Oscar Nominations (Voting Closed; Ceremony on the 25th)

I'm actually dying a little bit inside from glee :lol: I feel like the kid who gets his Christmas Present early lolololol; it totally isn't healthy. 

Let's just say from all the predictions I've seen we've had accurate ones, close ones, wrong ones, right ones, and totally baseless ones. (It's just up to you guys to figure out which :ph34r:

I can't wait to see Alpha's meltdown if Bronx wins.But then everyone will hate Numbers for having 3 Best Picture winners.

It was worth nothing! :( :PI'm actually afraid of it happening because some of the votes may have split.

BP actually could've turned out in quite a few different ways as the ballots were being counted. But I think the end result will be satisfactory. 

Probably The Bronx is Burning.

Well I always vote for my movies. :ph34r: the rest were mostly done by what I thought deserved it, or who I thought deserved it.

Edited by riczhang

This is going to be one hell of a ceremony for me. I'm dying of excitement. :excited:

You have a 60% chance of taking home BP, well, 75% since Cinema Studies has no chance, so if you don't it'll be a huge shock. My top pick of your three films was Resonance, so there is the danger of split votes hurting you.

Hell, we could end up with a repeat of Year 37, which is the only year in old/new CAYOM where there was a tie for BP. One of the two films tied was...The Bronx is Burning.

:ph34r:

You have a 60% chance of taking home BP, well, 75% since Cinema Studies has no chance, so if you don't it'll be a huge shock. My top pick of your three films was Resonance, so there is the danger of split votes hurting you.

Hell, we could end up with a repeat of Year 37, which is the only year in old/new CAYOM where there was a tie for BP. One of the two films tied was...The Bronx is Burning.

:ph34r:

Oh, it is on.

Posted Image

I totally miscounted the number of winning films :lol: I missed a film and I counted a category wrong, so 10 films got oscars :lol: Sorry guys. 

And True Grit 2.0 didn't happen :(

Hmm..... I'm gonna have to retabulate all the ballots. I can't seem to get the numbers to agree. For some reason, it made sense when I did it Thursday morning, but now it's a total nightmare. 

• Like 1