baumer

Wknd Estimates: Godzilla - 93.2M

Anyone remember when Disney announced John Carter and they said it would challenge the gross of AVATAR?.

Do you have a source, few would have the hubris to say such a thing. On the other hand, Jeff Robinov's predictions for MoS were pretty ludicrous so you never know.

I really liked John Carter. It was terrifically fun. But it does go to show, you can't go avant garde in the advertising and expect to connect with the general public. That superbowl ad remains one of the most impressively obtuse pieces of advertising I've ever seen for a film. It's kinda brilliant, in a way.

Out of context it was a good ad, but it was a hugely missed opportunity and very unintelligent to use that for a Super Bowl spot.

Do you have a source, few would have the hubris to say such a thing. On the other hand, Jeff Robinov's predictions for MoS were pretty ludicrous so you never know.

Oh shit man no, it was years ago. I remember reading the press release though and they said something like "the vision, worlds and effects will challenge AVATAR and the gross could too" or something like that.

• Like 1

Noah kicks ass. Plus, the fact that it angered fundamentalist Christians and Muslims makes it even better. 

So I live in Memphis or the buckle of the bible belt as I like to call it...I saw Noah on opening weekend Sunday and the theater was filled with quite a few sunday church crowds...the reactions and/or comments were interesting to say the least...

• Like 1

I just noticed Godzilla's cinematographer was Seamus McGarvey, the guy who did the Avengers cinematography. Clearly he was being held back by Whedon. Hopefully they do a much better job on TA2's cinematography.

some other guy is doing Avengers 2's Cinematography

I just noticed Godzilla's cinematographer was Seamus McGarvey, the guy who did the Avengers cinematography. Clearly he was being held back by Whedon. Hopefully they do a much better job on TA2's cinematography.

this dude kicks ass. I was surprised to see he did the avengers. his collabs with Joe Wright have some jaw-dropping stuff.

• Like 3