baumer

Wknd Estimates: Godzilla - 93.2M

With possible future Zilla sequels, Potter Spin offs, Justice League spin offs films and and possible Matrix Sequels, WB's future is looking up.

LEGO sequel

Edited by kayumanggi

A preview for next week:

IMPORTANT NOTE: When ShawnMR can walk around, he has the Zach Galifanikis avatar. When he is a mutant and proud (AKA in a wheelchair,) he has no avatar.

*We see Box Office Forums a few days before launch, desolated*

CJohn: Administrator, you’re gonna find this hard to believe. I was sent here for you, from the future. Five years from now.

ShawnMR: *laughs hysterically* One more time, please.

CJohn: Stay with me.

*Shot of the Box Office Forums utterly destroyed*

CJohn: In the beginning, the Box Office Mojo writers were just targeting their forum members. Then, they began targeting everyone.

*Moderators from the BOM crash arrive at BoxOffice Forums and ban everyone with no discrimination*

CJohn: I’ve come a long way: to guide us, to bring us together. The BOF-Men; we need your help.

ShawnMR: Tell whoever it was who sent you that I’m lazy.

CJohn: The person who sent me was you.

*Shots of the future wartorn forums*

Future Impact: It’s gonna take all of us to win the forums.

*CJohn in the past*

CJohn: You’re Spaghetti?

Spaghetti: I don’t know what you’re talking about.

CJohn: You’re pretty moist for a normal kid.

Spaghetti: I said you need to leave! *shoots spaghetti strands out of his hands*

CJohn: You and I are gonna be good friends. *punches Spaghetti in the avatar* You just don’t know it yet... *washes hands to get the gross spaghetti feel off them*

*jump ahead to a PM*

CJohn: We’re gonna need Tarzan, or whatever he’s calling himself.

djdunkeykong: Why?

CJohn: You’re a cold-hearted spammer.

*djdunkeykong shifts between multiple personas: KingKong, Gingy, Tarzan, CaptainAmerica, Captain Jack Sparrow, etc.*

djdunkeykong: Well, don’t hold back.

*back to the forums*

CJohn: Where’s Impact?

ShawnMR: That man is a monster. He refuses to log on after helping me make this one of the most heavily guarded forums on the planet.

CJohn: I know a guy. He’ll be a young man now.

*We go to the Telemachos household. Telemachos does various tricks similar to his performance in the Amazing Spider-Man 2 trailer*

Spaghetti: He’s fascinating.

ShawnMR: He’s a pain with the likes.

Telemachos: Forcing a log on? That’s illegal, y’know.

CJohn: Only if you get caught.

*Telemachos web-slings and bans guards uber-fast to save Impact*

Impact: Shawn?

*ShawnMR punches Impact in the avatar*

Impact: Ouchie! That hurt!

CJohn: Oh, this is gonna be fun.

From BOX OFFICE FORUMS

*Impact raises a stadium with deep impact around him*

Nikki Finke: There is a new enemy out there, forum predictors; you’ll need a new weapon for this war.

*Banbots rise to fight*

ShawnMR: Everything that happens now is in the members’ hands.

*A montage of crazy action that I’m much too lazy to write out occurs, until the stadium falls on a moderator*

X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST Opening Weekend Thread

Spaghetti: In the future, do I make it?

CJohn: As a pasta chef? No.

*Spaghetti gives CJohn a look*

NEXT WEEKEND

I love you, Blank. 

• Like 1

I tempted to go today at 4:15 showing, but I have no one to go with.  :( Never been to a movie theater alone.

I go alone all the time since me and my gf live in different cities when school is out, and its harder to get others to go. Ive seen Godzilla, Django, Wolf, Hustle, F6 the 1st time, Chronicle, Frozen the 1st time, Lego the 2nd time, TITE, and some others alone, and I dont mind.If i'm sitting there and someone gives me a look, I just go "fuck yall lookin at?" And keep it moving. Nothing wrong with it, it's actually relaxing. I prefer people yes, but Im not gonna beg anyone to tag alone.
  • Like 1

What's weird is that it seems Godzilla is over performing domestically compared to what it's doing internationally

LOL John Marston

Can't stop, won't stop.

• Like 8

Not completely surprised by Godzilla, but still higher than I expected. Some of us here though did call it months ago, that Godzilla marketing was VERY strong and the movie looked very appealing to audiences.

I'm absolutely loving this though, especially how this makes TASM2 look in comparison. TASM2 should continue to drop like a rock. I stick by my prediction, that TASM2 may NOT make 200M domestic.

• Like 3

So Godzilla just lit everyone's box office expectations on fire.......this makes me happy. :)

As box office enthusiasts, these are the moments we live for!

• Like 2

Now I wish I had more faith in the property I'm a fanboy for...... :ph34r:

Why? Calling the box office shouldn't based on fanboy-ism.  I know that this is what its become mostly but I remember years ago people were serious about predicting box office back on mojo. They would keep charts and spreadsheets. It was sport. 

• Like 2