Noctis

Potter - when will it get the recognition it deserves? FFS

Potter will now go down as the biggest franchise in history with zero Oscar wins. Amazing.

honestly though, I can't really think of an Oscar it deserved to win. Maybe Best Score in 2004 but that is really it.I really like the HP movies and personally think DH2 and think it is better than a lot of the films nominated for Best Picture, but I am kind of glad it didn't get Oscar love because HP fans can be really annoying and over bearing so I think it is good to see them brought down a peg

I guess the billions it made means it's over-rated too. Obviously. Oh and it's just this board that likes harry potter. Yup.

I said over-rated on this board you idiot. Star wars, pirates and twilight have also made billions but you don't see threads created to moan that they haven't one best picture and so on, so yes this thread does prove my point. I never said it was just this board that likes harry potter so your comment has no relevance to what I said, think before you post next time.

Jessie, lay off the idiot stuff.Cedar, seriously, don't let stuff like this bother you. Being called an idiot is just a word. I get called much worse all the time here and it doesn't mean shit to me. And I'm a mod. So you'd think people wouldn't call me an idiot. But they do, and I just laugh it off. Try it sometime. ;)

I like how you are incapable of responding without calling me an idiot. Very mature.

I like how you were incapable of replying to my post without sarcasm, and how your reply is completely irrelevant to what I said making it idiotic. Very mature Edited by Jessie

Fuck off Jessie, I have no interest talking to you. Fucking troll

Then stop responding, simple. It's not like I started a conversation with you, you started one with me lol. Edited by Jessie

I responded because your post was idiotic...... You say Harry Potter is overrated. Okay, why? I mentioned the millions of fans and the excellent reviews and you say that is idiotic. Well then what the fuck makes a film overrated? Simply because someone says it is?

I thought you had no interest in talking to me?

• Community Manager

Shut out again if not for a small mention by Crystal, kind of a sad way for the Academy to remember a pretty important film series in Hollywood's history but maybe that's saying something about how much British involvement there is/was in the making of them (and obviously their inception from a Brit writer)

Even though the Harry Potter film series was filled with British actors, was filmed in the UK, and came from a British writer? Or are you referring that it's because the whole franchise is actually British that the Academy discriminated against them?