Noctis

Potter - when will it get the recognition it deserves? FFS

Have the respect to not call us delusional. Honestly, that's a ridiculous statement to call us that when we know DH2 is the highest rated film of the year. Pretentious twat.

Considering the amount of nominations, or lack thereof to this point, I'd say delusional is pretty damn appropriate. :lol:
  • Like 1

DH2 doesn't work as a stand alone movie AT ALL. Since the franchise doesn't have many fans in the academy they'd sit down to watch it and totally not get it. Return of the King was way easier to get for non fans. Totally understandable why it's not getting any attention.

Have the respect to not call us delusional. Honestly, that's a ridiculous statement to call us that when we know DH2 is the highest rated film of the year. Pretentious twat.

DH2 is at 87 on Metacritic (which is more reliable than Rottentomatoes). It is tied with Tinker, Tailor, Solider, Spy, The Artist, and Moneyball at that score. Several 2011 films (all foreign or docs) are higher. So...yeah, it isn't.

For the last damn time, Rotten Tomatoes only tells you how many people liked a movie and didn't like a movie. If you don't look at the average score, it tells you nothing beyond that. Metacritic is always the most reliable source.

Muppets has a 98% on Rotten Tomatoes. Is it the most acclaimed movie of the year? Not by a longshot.

Who the fuck says I was only using the percentage? It has an 8.4 average, and an 8.8 average with top critics. 93 on the BFCA (highest of ANY film in 2011) and an 87 on Metacritic. So, yes, DH2 is the most acclaimed wide film of the year.

• Like 1

Potter's are not the best films ever made, in fact, many of them are very pedestrian. Besides the fact that they have a massive following, there is really nothing special about them IMO, recognizing a Potter film for anything means that you might as well go ahead and nominated a Twilight for best something. They are pretty much on par with quality. That means that the hardcores love the films but they aren't necessarily well made films.Potter should never be nominated for anything other than techie stuff. Transformers 3 is miles better and more competently made than DH2, imo.

What a surprise, baumer doesn't support Potter! *shocker*http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqqSy-Sq8JAHonestly, one of the most emotional scenes in the entire year for me. And it doesn't go overboard with the acting like half of the BP nominees will have done. DH1 deserved to be nominated, but I never expected it to. Not even for a single second. DH2, I don't expect it, either, but it does deserve to.

:lol: Well, I wouldn't go that far, unless you're talking simply from a tech/visual perspective.

I would. It is better directed, acted and the screenplay, visuals, cineamtography and so on. It's much much better.

I would. It is better directed, acted and the screenplay, visuals, cineamtography and so on. It's much much better.

LMFAO. YOU ARE NOT BEING SERIOUS, ARE YOU? PLEASE TELL ME YOU'RE NOT! JESUS FUCKING CHRIST, THAT IS INSANE.

What a surprise, baumer doesn't support Potter! *shocker*

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqqSy-Sq8JA

Honestly, one of the most emotional scenes in the entire year for me.

Emphasis added. That's really all that needs to be said.

Posted Imagebaumer, on 16 December 2011 - 11:34 AM, said:

The screenplay was awful. Really terrible. Even in terms of blockbusters, it was lousy. Not necessarily in terms of concept (though it doesn't make a lot of sense), but because little effort was made to develop and really flesh out characters. So while it was impressive on a technical level, there wasn't really much to care about, especially in the final battle.

However, you certainly can't mistake a Michael Bay movie. It is his, through and through.... and conversely, DH1/2/etc had zero personality from the director -- they could've been made (almost literally exactly the same) by probably several dozen directors for hire.

Honestly, if the 10 nominee rule still applied to the Oscars, I'd feel DH2 should be in there somewhere around 8th place. However, considering this new rule, I highly doubt it will be nominated. It is the best of the wide summer releases though.Also, TF3 being much better than DH2 in any category aside from perhaps being a bit better on the technical level is laughable. It is, in fact, much, much worst.

I don't understand how Potter had no personality.

The HP movies have never particularly been director's movies. Content, tone, emphasis are largely determined by prior movies and the producers. As such, any competent journeyman director could step in and deliver a product that would essentially be the same: Yates, Newell... or David Slade, Bill Condon, Marc Forster, Tom Hooper, Michael Apted, etc etc etc.Exacerbating this fact is that when you hire someone who's solid with actors, but not particularly strong with action or VFX (like basically all the directors I've listed) to do a big VFX-driven movie, you have many sequences either directed by second-unit directors or assisted by VFX supervisors. The result is a sameness to the whole affair; there's little to really distinguish or separate it from others in the same genre because many of the same people are doing those movies too.... although that's kinda unavoidable unless you give the reins to a Cameron, Jackson, Spielberg, Nolan, etc (and then you run into the fact that those people want to direct their own material in their own way). Edited by Telemachos