Noctis

Potter - when will it get the recognition it deserves? FFS

I think everyone knows deep down that Transformers movies are better made films in comparison to Potter. Potter doesn't even please the fans of it's own franchise. Transformers at least does that. So in conlcusion, Potter is just an okay bunch of films and that is why they will never and should never be recognized by the Oscars.

At least Potter fans do not enjoy watching metallic diarrhea, childish jokes, and boring action sequences. Transformers fans, without a doubt in my mind, are definitely more stupid than Potter fans. Sorry, but it's true.

• Like 1

So as soon as I make a good point about Potter, you have to resort to calling peopel stupid for liking a certain film and then you make yourself look even better by comparing said film to a runny excretement from ones derriere. Good one Noctis.I know it's hard to defend Potter when its own fans despise it so.

I think everyone knows deep down that Transformers movies are better made films in comparison to Potter. Potter doesn't even please the fans of it's own franchise. Transformers at least does that. So in conlcusion, Potter is just an okay bunch of films and that is why they will never and should never be recognized by the Oscars.

So as soon as I make a good point about Potter, you have to resort to calling peopel stupid for liking a certain film and then you make yourself look even better by comparing said film to a runny excretement from ones derriere.

Good one Noctis.

I know it's hard to defend Potter when its own fans despise it so.

Posted Image

Fun as it is to take the piss out on Noctis' infatuation, it only goes so far before it just gets ludicrous.

It's true, all the Potter fans loathe the movies, which is why they are all above $1b adjusted.

Potter fans are obsesseed with being fed an inferior movie, so like the masochists they are, they keep lining up and saying, like Kevin Bacon did in Animal House, "Thank you Warner Brothers, may i have another?"

Posted Image

Fun as it is to take the piss out on Noctis' infatuation, it only goes so far before it just gets ludicrous.

What's ludicrous? That the three Transformers films are all better made and for the most part higher grossing than all of the Potters? That the second Transformers destroyed every Potter at the box office? That the finale, in 3D, the ones that all the Potter loonies couldn't wait for, couldn't even pass Transformers 2, the suposed worst film of all time? :lol:

What's ludicrous? That the three Transformers films are all better made and for the most part higher grossing than all of the Potters? That the second Transformers destroyed every Potter at the box office? That the finale, in 3D, the ones that all the Potter loonies couldn't wait for, couldn't even pass Transformers 2, the suposed worst film of all time? :lol:

This.

So because you're Canadian, all you care about is the domestic box office? Even then, the largest Potter was still bigger than the largest Transformers.SS: 56.5m ticketsRoTF: 53m ticketsOh, besides...DOTM dropped to 35m tickets...that's an insanely huge drop. DH1 dropped to 36.7m but that was after a 40m predecessor. And DH2 increased to 44.5m tickets...something TF4 won't achieve even in its dream.So, yeah, Potter is bigger than Transformers in the States. The biggest Potter is larger than the biggest Transformers. And the lowest Potter is still higher than the lowest Transformers. I mean, seriously, DOTM fell 36% in ticket sales.Oh, and let's not forget, Potter beats the CRAP out of Transformers overseas. The lowest grossing Potter, PoA, would adjust to near $700m OS. Without 3D. So...Potter > Transformers in the states. It feels so good to use logic, something you're not acquainted with when trying to defend films you love.

So because you're Canadian, all you care about is the domestic box office? Even then, the largest Potter was still bigger than the largest Transformers.SS: 56.5m ticketsRoTF: 53m ticketsOh, besides...DOTM dropped to 35m tickets...that's an insanely huge drop. DH1 dropped to 36.7m but that was after a 40m predecessor. And DH2 increased to 44.5m tickets...something TF4 won't achieve even in its dream.So, yeah, Potter is bigger than Transformers in the States. The biggest Potter is larger than the biggest Transformers. And the lowest Potter is still higher than the lowest Transformers. I mean, seriously, DOTM fell 36% in ticket sales.Oh, and let's not forget, Potter beats the CRAP out of Transformers overseas. The lowest grossing Potter, PoA, would adjust to near $700m OS. Without 3D.So...Potter > Transformers in the states.It feels so good to use logic, something you're not acquainted with when trying to defend films you love.

Right, so now we have to use International numbers. Yes, Potter was bigger. But in NA, it pales. Besides, this isn't coparing Potter to other films, this is your silly claim that Potter should win some awards. And that is about the most ludicrous thing i have heard all day. They aren't good films. Therefore they will not be recognized.

It doesn't pale in the States, you troll! Potter IS bigger than Transformers. Deal with it. But like a kid you can't.Well, I didn't bring the box office discussion, you did. And you were slapped in the face. Again.You like all the Potter films except HBP. You told me yourself that all the Potter films range from 7-9/10 except the obvious one. So, again, you're really immature for hating on the films you otherwise reasonably enjoyed because they're being compared to films you love more. Immaturity at its worst. Grow up.

Potter is not bigger in the US. But evwen if it is, like I said, I'm bringing it back to your original question, will it ever get recognized and my answer is no it won't because A) it's not good enough and B) it's not good enough. I'd give you a C) but that about covers it.

You always resort to the "grow up" thing. It's really old. I am who I am and I won't change. If you think this is being immature then so be it. But it seems to me that unless others gush over the "brilliance" of Potter, you'll always find some fault in that person. For some it is that they are immature, for others it is that they are trolling or others it will be that they like stupid movies. That makes you kind of misguided in a sad way. It's okay to love a film Noctis, but you also need to accept that others don't feel the same as you do.

Potter is not bigger in the US. But evwen if it is, like I said, I'm bringing it back to your original question, will it ever get recognized and my answer is no it won't because A) it's not good enough and B) it's not good enough. I'd give you a C) but that about covers it.

It is, and I've proven to you that it is. You can either be a kid and reject it, or just accept it. And, hey, at least I don't pretend to dislike a film I saw three times in theaters.Hypocrite <3

All three Transfomers films are below even the least-quality HP film, but of course as a Trannie you feel the opposite in your looniness. The acting is atrocious in most respects, the humor is puerile and grating, the Transformers aren't even the stars of their own film, and so on.And since when do the best films make the most money? Look at the Top 25 of all time domestic box office and you'll find more than a few stinkers. Transformers appeals to the lowest common denominator, people who want mindless thrills, cheap humor, and stock characters with the depth of tissue paper. Of course the franchise will devour their money. Edited by 4815162342
  • Like 1

You always resort to the "grow up" thing. It's really old. I am who I am and I won't change. If you think this is being immature then so be it. But it seems to me that unless others gush over the "brilliance" of Potter, you'll always find some fault in that person. For some it is that they are immature, for others it is that they are trolling or others it will be that they like stupid movies. That makes you kind of misguided in a sad way. It's okay to love a film Noctis, but you also need to accept that others don't feel the same as you do.

When did I say that? Some of my best friends aren't fans of Potter and I don't give a crap. Haven't you realized that it's only you that pisses me off the most? Well, used to, because now you're an obvious troll when it comes to Potter and you very well know that. How is it not immature to hate on something because another thing you love more is being compared to it? That's childishness.

I, myself, don't love all the Potter films. Unlike you, I don't walk into a film of a franchise and having a predisposition to love it just because it's Twilight/Star Wars/Transformers, etc. I can see the faults in every Potter film, but the later films have brilliant acting, cinematography, and a very lively screenplay that doesn't go for cheap jokes or thrills.

The screenwriters and directors of Potter, despite being very guilty of simplifying a few storylines in order for them to make it more understandable for casual fans even though they are more than able to understand it without it having it simplified, still put infinitely more care and heart into their films.

So, yeah, you keep getting owned.

Edited by Noctis

Is it impossible for people like me to exist, people that are fans of both franchises. I loved DHII. And I loved DotM, the bastard was epic in IMAX. The only reason I haven't stumped up cash for it on BD yet is because there isn't a 3D version available. Both are great fun.As emotional as parts of DHII are Noctis, it isn't oscar worthy counted by its singular merits. DHII's success lies in the pay off of a ten year journey, rewarding those that have followed the franchise since the beginning. At no point does it seem particularly accessible to new fans, the tern horcrux is commonly used, but a newcomer wouldn't have a clue what it means.