Noctis

Potter - when will it get the recognition it deserves? FFS

SS and CoS are poor films but great adaptations, theres a difference noctis, and this comes from a fan.

I don't think they were the best adaptations, especially CoS. They stuck too close to the book and it went on for far too long. It was saved by a good climax.SS is poor for you? Didn't you say you saw SS in July and call it charming?

Charming in a nostalgic way. The kids are poor in it (to be expected), the cgi is terrible, the pacing is naff, the climax is underwhelming etc. But, SS will always hold a special place in my heart even though its a poor film. Same with Emmerich's Godzilla, terrible film, but i'll always love it for what it meant to me as a child.

I don't think they were the best adaptations, especially CoS. They stuck too close to the book and it went on for far too long.

Well damn, we're in agreement. :oSince I have no particular love for the books, I don't have an instinctive attraction to the movies. (In fact, I saw the first two movies without reading the books).From the very beginning, I disagreed with the way they approached the adaptations -- by hewing as closely as they could to the book's specific scenes, losing as few as possible, they essentially had no time to let any characters or scenes breath; they rushed along with little impact at all. This was a particular problem in the first two movies, lessened somewhat by Cuaron's POA, and his approach to the script (jettison non-Harry scenes whenever possible), was an approach they decided to take with future movies.Still, by playing things so close and similar to the books, ironically (for the most part) they lost the impact of the books' scenes. And yet, in a few spots where they strayed from the books, it was for the worse: Dumbledore's death and the final Harry/Voldemort showdown, for example.So, for the most part, what the movies ended up being was a audio-video companion to the books; which is fine, but largely means as films they're second fiddle.

Come Oscar time, I predict DH2 to have at least 6 noms.All the tech categories, + Best director and Best Picture.David Yates deserves Best Director for making 4 beautiful films and because the last 1 was just... AMAZING!Golden Globes are shit so idc if they didn't get nominated in that.

There is no way Yates is getting nominated. But the film definitely deserves to, but it won't get nominated. Unfortunately.

They didn't stray away from Dumbledore's death. The bad thing about that scene was the music. And in places like GoF/OoTP, the films would have been far stronger had they stuck closer to the book.

They didn't stray, but it didn't feel particularly impactful either. It just sort of happened. I'm not saying the movies would be improved from constantly straying from the books (I think Harry in the books is much more interesting than Harry in the movies); but condensing and focusing would've helped a great deal.

Harry Potter has received the recognition it deserved. First and foremost, it is an excellent book series and in the book area it has received every award imaginable plus the sales to join it.The movies have been a mixed bag, and as such don't deserve the recognition you want Noctis. However, you do have your theme park, and that is impressive. Harry Potter while great books just aren't on LOTR quality as far as movies are concerned. The way I look at it, the movies are 2.5 hour long commercials for the books which is where the content is really at. Just my two cents.