This would be 

PG-13 

Jaws 

The Goonies

Raiders of the Lost Ark

Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom 

Sixteen Candles

Gremlins

All the President's Men (with only 9 F-bombs in the whole film, in a MPAA that makes sense, it would get PG-13 for historical purposes)

Poltergeist

Scooby-Doo on Zombie Island 

PG

The Hunchback of Notre Dame (without the Hellfire scene, it'd still be a G) 

Planet of the Apes (1968)

2001 - A Space Odyssey (not exactly kid friendly)

Mrs. Doubtfire

UHF

The Secret of Nimh 

Airport

The Andromeda Strain

The Brave Little Toaster

G

Tangled

Frozen

The Powerpuff Girls Movie

Rugrats Go Wild

The Wild Thornberries 

Hey Arnold - The Movie 

Garfield 1 & 2

Brave

Flubber 

Alvin and the Chipmunks 1 & 2

The Santa Clause 

Lilo and Stitch

Bolt 

Mr. Peabody and Sherman 

The Muppets

Muppets Most Wanted

Despicable Me 1 & 2

Planes 

Turbo

The Smurfs 1 & 2 

Walking With Dinosaurs 

Dr. Seuss' The Lorax

The Odd Life of Timothy Green

Parental Guidance 

Dolphin Tale

Yogi Bear

Tooth Fairy

G-Force

Aliens in the Attic

Old Dogs

Nim's Island

Beverly Hills Chihuahua

The Game Plan

Underdog

Nancy Drew

Barnyard - The Original Party Animals

Flushed Away

The Shaggy Dog

Robots

Racing Stripes

Because of Winn-Dixie 

Psycho, The Last Samurai. Troy, The Matrix, Air Force One, and Executive Decision all should be PG-13also if they removed the F bombs the following movies could easily be PG-13ArgoAmerican HustleThe King's SpeechSlumdog MillionaireTerminator 2BackdraftSpeed

Edited by John Marston
  • Like 1

I agree with Brave's PG rating. It does get pretty scary near the end. And despite its light tone and simplistic narrative, I think Doubtfire deserves its PG-13. Its humor has all the hallmarks of the typical screwball comedy.

I'd give Lion King, Ratatouille, and Cars 2 PG ratings; maybe WALL-E as well. Ernest and Celestine should be G.

Edited by tribefan695

I agree with Brave's PG rating. It does get pretty scary near the end. And despite its light tone and simplistic narrative, I think Doubtfire deserves its PG-13. Its humor has all the hallmarks of the typical screwball comedy.

I'd give Lion King, Ratatouille, and Cars 2 PG ratings; maybe WALL-E as well. Ernest and Celestine should be G.

About as scary as the classic Disney movies... Cars 2's main audience is boys between the ages of 3 and 8 so it's a G, Lion King is a hard G, borderline PG but most young kids can handle it, WALL-E is slightly dark but nothing really objectionable, I'll give you Brave though.

Mrs. Doubtfire is a movie that is barely PG-13 and mainly because of the cross-dressing plotline (if We Bought a Zoo got a PG, this can too IMO) 

Most animated movies never actually rise above a G rating ("mild rude humor" or "thematic elements" mean nothing IMO)

Rango, the first two Shreks, most Studio Ghibli movies, Nightmare Before Christmas, The Black Cauldron, Dinosaur, Atlantis - The Lost Empire, Fantastic Mr. Fox, Coraline, ParaNorman, Corpse Bride, Frankenweenie, Wreck-it Ralph (the Owl City song pushes it over the edge), Antz, all Ralph Bahski movies, and Watership Down are the only ones I can think of right away that are PG or above territory. Most others are light G to hard G (hence why so many kids movies have the "rude humor", "brief violence", or "thematic elements") but get a PG because it's a more marketable rating. 

Rio 1 and 2 are about as "rude" as Despicable Me or Madagascar, yet both are rated G. 

Terminator 3 and The Matrix trilogy could all pass as PG-13s. Apart from the violence, what garnered them the Rs??? Reloaded I could somewhat understand, but Revolutions is straight up PG-13. Speed could also be PG-13. Alien and Aliens can still garner the R-ratings. If Prometheus did, the originals certainly can.