Patriot Games

The following movies shouldn't even be rated R

The Matrix

Air Force One

Executive Decision

Psycho

Edit: also Last Samurai and Troy shouldn't be R

Edited by John Marston

Psycho, Matrix and AFO all deserve their R ratings. They have fairly bloody moments.

Psycho is barely violent outside of the shower scene and I don't remember any visible blood. I'm pretty sure the R rating was given before they had the Pg-13 rating. If they re rate they would probably give it Pg-13

Lots of people get shot in Matrix and AfO but they weren't really any moreviolent than people getting shot in several PG-13 movies

Edited by John Marston
  • Like 1

Psycho, The Last Samurai. Troy, The Matrix, Air Force One, and Executive Decision all should be PG-13also if they removed the F bombs the following movies could easily be PG-13ArgoAmerican HustleThe King's SpeechSlumdog MillionaireTerminator 2BackdraftSpeed

The f bomb was worth it in The King's Speech, I'd rather they leave it there and keep it a 12.

One movie I was surprised did NOT get an R rating from the MPAA was Goldeneye. For several reasons

-We see Xenia Onatopp crazily having sex with this guy then start to crush him between her thighs while he begs her to stop in agony. Later she does the same to Bond

-The scene in the Severnaya complex for instance. Xenia Onatopp shoots all of them and there is blood everywhere and she gets sexually aroused in the process. 

-The fight with Trevelyan is rather brutal. Also the scene where Bond drops Trevelyan we actually see him hit the ground and later see his face with blood coming out of his nose and mouth. 

Edited by John Marston

One movie I was surprised did NOT get an R rating from the MPAA was Goldeneye. For several reasons

-We see Xenia Onatopp crazily having sex with this guy then start to crush him between her thighs while he begs her to stop in agony. Later she does the same to Bond

-The scene in the Severnaya complex for instance. Xenia Onatopp shoots all of them and there is blood everywhere and she gets sexually aroused in the process. 

-The fight with Trevelyan is rather brutal. Also the scene where Bond drops Trevelyan we actually see him hit the ground and later see his face with blood coming out of his nose and mouth. 

The MPAA will just automatically assume a Bond movie should be a PG-13. Just like they assume the F word should warrant an R for important historical based movies that kids should really be exposed to. They make no sense.