mahnamahna

Movie That Should Be Re-Rated PG-13, PG or G

Yes, though as I said, they were not required to resubmit it to the MPAA after the rating was created. It stayed PG.

An interesting tidbit: While the boxes of the videocassette releases of Ghostbusters always said PG, for a long time the actual labels on the cassettes said PG-13. This was obviously an error, and it wasn't fixed until the late 90s, but for a while I wondered if the movie had actually been resubmitted and gotten bumped up. I wonder, would it have still gotten PG after PG-13 was introduced? (Nah, probably not...the only iffy things are the ghost sex dream and Zuul!Dana trying to jump Venkman's bones...)

I almost feel like the PG-13 rating destroyed adult films, now if something is rated R they feel the need to go overboard with it and just fill it for all it's worth, where as in the 70s you got some of the best dramas ever made, with decent size budgets to boot and they were mostly largely financially successful. now it feels that everyone wants to catered to the teen demographic and everything is dumbed down for a 12 year old (which is kind of belittling because kids that age are perfectly capable of understanding films like that, just that society doesn't expect them to so in a way we are making our youth stupid by underestimating them. 

I think there is so much range in a PG-13 at this point and there are definitely some Rs that should not get that rating (Room, Spotlight for example). that they should add a rating in-between PG-13 and R. like a PG-15. that makes alot of ratings but in the long run it might help. 

I feel like Force Awakens could pretty much be PG.