CAYOM Year 9 Advance Schedule

I supposed you should know what you're up against:

Parallels is definitely PG-13 with an undecided, but definitely female lead (currently looknig at Eva Green), and it's going to be a bit more visual/sci-fi oriented than action-packed. (The premise is basically, "What if we opened the door to a parallel universe nearly identical to ours, but with more advanced technology and better livelihood for humanity and the world?")

Parallels sounds really good, but SHAZAM can co-exist with it (probably not on the same day, but...)

SHAZAM is PG/PG-13 (haven't decided yet) superhero movie that both fits in the DCU and makes fun of superhero movies lovingly. Basically, imagine a Phil Lord/Chris Miller superhero tentpole. Casting the lead is still going on, but I'm strongly leaning towards Dave Franco.

• Like 1

(If Numbers clarifies that Clear and Present Danger is rated R (which I think it is), I might move SHAZAM back a week; that's not that important a release date for me)

Undecided as to whether I will increase to R for Clear and Present Danger. The Harrison Ford version was PG-13 and it got the general intensity right enough.

The only one I am positive will be R is Without Remorse.

You know what? I feel like screwing with Blanks's plans some.

Move Log Horizon (And that's Log not Long) to the Memorial Day Weekend

Move Fate Stay Night to May 3-5th

Your move Blank. Are you going to stick with the similarly themed (to Fate Stay Night) Last Six to open the summer and risk both films being hurt?

You know what? I feel like screwing with Blanks's plans some.

Move Log Horizon (And that's Log not Long) to the Memorial Day Weekend

Move Fate Stay Night to May 3-5th

Your move Blank. Are you going to stick with the similarly themed (to Fate Stay Night) Last Six to open the summer and risk both films being hurt?

Last Six has Brad Bird and is completely filmed in IMAX; you have the amazingly untalented Marc Webb. Last Six is also a sequel

I feel pretty safe keeping Last Six where it's at

Last Six has Brad Bird and is completely filmed in IMAX; you have the amazingly untalented Marc Webb. Last Six is also a sequel

I feel pretty safe keeping Last Six where it's at

On the other hand, Fate Stay Night has a stronger appeal to women, with a strong female deuteragonist and a romance at the heart of it (hence Mark Webb who has a good track record with that) and is more adult skewing. Besides, the Last Six movie was four years ago and while decently received, wasn't exactly a critical darling. Besides, Urban Fantasies are becoming increasingly popular, considering the performances of Dresden Files and American Gods last year. Oh, and I have a very good critical track record when it comes to adaptations.

I doubt I'll win the weekend, but don't think Last Six isn't going to take a heavy hit. 

Edited by Za Rukaio!

Posted Image

As for Star Wars, you guys shouldn't crap your pants over it too much since it's a story taking place 4,000 years before the Episodes. So it wouldn't get the same crazy anticipatory draw as say Episode 7. Plenty crazy sure, but not super crazy.

Posted Image

As for Star Wars, you guys shouldn't crap your pants over it too much since it's a story taking place 4,000 years before the Episodes. So it wouldn't get the same crazy anticipatory draw as say Episode 7. Plenty crazy sure, but not super crazy.

But nobody knows how the marketing and legs will leave such an impact.

On the other hand, Fate Stay Night has a stronger appeal to women, with a strong female deuteragonist and a romance at the heart of it (hence Mark Webb who has a good track record with that) and is more adult skewing. Besides, the Last Six movie was four years ago and while decently received, wasn't exactly a critical darling. Besides, Urban Fantasies are becoming increasingly popular, considering the performances of Dresden Files and American Gods last year. Oh, and I have a very good critical track record when it comes to adaptations.

I doubt I'll win the weekend, but don't think Last Six isn't going to take a heavy hit. 

American Gods was actually a pretty big rip-off on Last Six based on what I read of it. Fate Stay Night will probably do well (even though I have no idea what it's actually about), but I think it'll be a SpellForce/Dawn of Oblivion scenario where one expects a lower opening and bigger legs, but it's not enough to make up for the larger opening. IDK.

Return of the Last Six is gonna be good though; fun pulpy blockbuster

(Also, even though it didn't light up the critics, Last Six was still pretty well received and considered one of the better blockbusters of Year 4; it was my first try at an original blockbuster and, IMO, it's still my best original blockbuster)

Posted Image

But it is starwars and we like to hedge our bets. If Narnia was a summer movie and the first one made 350-400 million domestic, maybe I'd consider going up against Episode 7, but I don't want a reprise of Creator vs. SpellForce. Something like Last Six 2 or Godzilla I can take, but not Star Wars. Even a prequel story will have a lot of buzz and will easily gross 375+ million even if it's bad and if it's amazing like I expect it to be then 500 million isn't outrageous. 

Even a prequel story will have a lot of buzz and will easily gross 375+ million even if it's bad and if it's amazing like I expect it to be then 500 million isn't outrageous. 

If it grosses $500m it will be because of the Sharlto Copley effect.

• Like 1

American Gods was actually a pretty big rip-off on Last Six based on what I read of it.

You realise American Gods is an adaptation of the Neil Gaiman novel, right?

Fate Stay Night will probably do well (even though I have no idea what it's actually about), but I think it'll be a SpellForce/Dawn of Oblivion scenario where one expects a lower opening and bigger legs, but it's not enough to make up for the larger opening. IDK.

Return of the Last Six is gonna be good though; fun pulpy blockbuster

Wait, what? No Blankments! We need to argue more! The more we act like our studios are feuding over these films, the more attention and recognition they'll both get! Like BvS and Cap 3! We could be striking fictional gold here!

Of course, now I've said this out loud it's probably not going to work, but it was worth a shot.

You realise American Gods is an adaptation of the Neil Gaiman novel, right?

I'm aware. Still is a ripoff :P

Wait, what? No Blankments! We need to argue more! The more we act like our studios are feuding over these films, the more attention and recognition they'll both get! Like BvS and Cap 3! We could be striking fictional gold here!

Of course, now I've said this out loud it's probably not going to work, but it was worth a shot.

LOL, once I got into a lawsuit war with Alpha about him using MLP cameos in a project :P I'm not afraid to make drama happen ;)

• Like 1