CAYOM Year 9 Advance Schedule

So many double directors already

Gore Verbinski

Gareth Edwards

Marc Webb

Phil Lord

Chris Miller

David Fincher

This is why I constantly try to find new directors people haven't thought of using. Using them from epic hit TV shows works well (Jack Bender, Timothy Van Patten, now Alik Sakharov).

• Like 2

This is why I constantly try to find new directors people haven't thought of using. Using them from epic hit TV shows works well (Jack Bender, Timothy Van Patten, now Alik Sakharov).

Indie directors are great too. I'm excited that I have the privilege of writing Jeff Nichols' first ever CAYOM film

To be honest now I actually don't care about candy crush 2 box office chances. Put it on 11 October (as i did not notice chd animation movie) and that's the end of the rlewe date swapping for that film. I just want to make a quite good animation and I int give a damn if it flops BUT IT WILL BE RELEASED WHATEVER

Honestly, Films, if you make a critically acclaimed sequel, it will affect the box office of Candy Crush positively. I'm just saying that you definitely shouldn't expect a big opening weekend whenever it lands.

I've already decided the way I do actuals will be extremely emotionally removed with opening weekends, but legs will depend on reception naturally

Edited by Blankments

If Films wants to release it he will release it. I think Candy Crush and Dodge! have been pushed around enough on the schedule.

But Films, part of the reason it's getting knocked around in the thread is because it's a sequel to a film that made less than budget domestically AND was poorly received. In the real world the chances of a sequel would be zero. Even though we're definitely more flexible in this game, Candy Crush wasn't that far from crossing the line of Auto-Ban any sequel.

• Like 1

If Films wants to release it he will release it. I think Candy Crush and Dodge! have been pushed around enough on the schedule.

But Films, part of the reason it's getting knocked around in the thread is because it's a sequel to a film that made less than budget domestically AND was poorly received. In the real world the chances of a sequel would be zero. Even though we're definitely more flexible in this game, Candy Crush wasn't that far from crossing the line of Auto-Ban any sequel.

I remember my Last Airbender adaptation that bombed, and I almost released two sequels the year after that :lol:

(And then I started making actual adaptations of comics... good times)

Also, at the risk of sounding uber anxious, do we have an ETA on the time span of Q1?

Riczhang plans to hold the Oscars on the 25th. Since there's been a longer wait period between nominations and the ceremony, I was thinking of putting up Part 1 for Quarter 1 on Friday the 30th. Usual 2-week initial period, with additional time allotted if necessary.

• Like 1

No way am I moving Green Lantern to compete against Bond. Rukaio might want to move it to December though; Attack on Titan can definitely co-exist with Bond

No no, Blank, I'm sure Green Lantern can perform fine against Bond. You should move. (Seriously though, AoT is not the sort of movie I think is going to work for a near-Christmas release. Might consider an Evangelion or Space Battleship movie though.)

On the other hand, I think I'm going to move Fate Stay Night to June 14-16th to take advantage of the sci-fi overload. It's not at all because I don't want it going up against Last Six. Totally. *glances to the side*

Instead, because I refuse to let Blankment take the Summer opening weekend after all that indecisive bullshit he did, I'm replacing it with Overdrive, an action racing movie that should play a lot better with The Last Six. Director is yet to be confirmed.

Might move ice desert back but not sure yet. Will see how the schedule shapes up in the next couple of daysEDIT: No it won't, my mistake as I missed a film on the schedule.

Edited by 10 Things I Hate About You

No no, Blank, I'm sure Green Lantern can perform fine against Bond. You should move. (Seriously though, AoT is not the sort of movie I think is going to work for a near-Christmas release. Might consider an Evangelion or Space Battleship movie though.)

It probably can, but no studio is gonna release two 150M+ tentpoles aimed at the same major demographic within weeks of each other

On the other hand, I think I'm going to move Fate Stay Night to June 14-16th to take advantage of the sci-fi overload. It's not at all because I don't want it going up against Last Six. Totally. *glances to the side*

Instead, because I refuse to let Blankment take the Summer opening weekend after all that indecisive bullshit he did, I'm replacing it with Overdrive, an action racing movie that should play a lot better with The Last Six. Director is yet to be confirmed.

Well, in that case, I don't need your pretentious cockiness when you just did the same "indecisive bullshit" by switching the dates of tentpoles. I'll move Last Six up to April 26 to open the summer Fast Five style. TAKE THAT RUKAIO

Edited by Blankments

Subway surfers will struggle in the summer with those films so continuing the release date changes trend, please move it up to 19th April

Edited by 10 Things I Hate About You

Well, in that case, I don't need your pretentious cockiness when you just did the same "indecisive bullshit" by switching the dates of tentpoles.

Sorry, I've just realised I worded that really badly. I was trying to make a joke about what I'd jealously (and jokingly) sum up as you saying 'Hey guys, which of these highly popular successful franchises that I own should I put in this highly profitable May spot to open the summer completely uncontested?!' Didn't mean any offence by it, I was just trying to make a bad joke.

TAKE THAT RUKAIO

Posted Image

(And that's because I can never resist the urge to make a Phoenix Wright joke)

• Like 1

None taken, really. Just having a little fun with release date drama ;)

Although, I still will move Last Six up a week. Been thinking about it anyway just to get it away from Star Wars

None taken, really. Just having a little fun with release date drama ;)

Although, I still will move Last Six up a week. Been thinking about it anyway just to get it away from Star Wars

Oddly enough, I'd been thinking about moving Fate Stay Night up a week to try and steal Last Six's thunder- I mean... to help build hype for Last Six, before realising that it had a much better chance of breaking out in June.

• Like 1