#ED

X-Men: Days of Future Past (2014)

138 members have voted

1. 1. X-Men: Days of Future Past (2014

The movie felt a bit long and the ending was weird. So they brought everyone who died in the old series back to life? OK fine, but really unnecessary. Basically they're saying the events that happened in the other x-men films only exists in Logan's head now right? Also, I thought Charles Xavier was killed in the last stand, how is he alive in the future scenes?

I was also hoping Magneto would finally see some redemption but no such luck, basically he ended up doing what he always did playing the short-sighted fool that he himself admits he was in the future scenes.

The technology for the sentinels was baffling too, how did the DNA of a organic shape-shifting mutant allow the synthetic sentinels to adapt to any situation again? 

Okay nitpicking aside I really enjoyed this film, probably more than I did first class which was my favourite x-men film up to this point. The tone was darker which isn't a bad thing, and the characters had an added depth to them. Charles Xavier's path from a self pitying drug addict to somebody who accepts his powers and responsibility to use them for good was one of the highlights of the film. He summed it up perfectly when he said "Just because someone stumbles and loses their way doesn't mean they are lost forever". This is perfect because he is also including himself when he says this and because he can forgive himself, he can forgive the people around him too, and we see a glimpse of the Charles Xavier he would one day become. I loved Maximoff's character too, he has amazing talents :D

overall I give this film an A. I only saw so much to nitpick because I enjoyed it so much. It did little to lessen my enjoyment of the film 

• Like 1

X-Men:3:30PMAbout 75% full-quite a few of the nerd crowd...I LOVE THAT ;))Trailers:Expendables 3: Looks great, audience really enjoyed it.Guardian's: (New trailer): Ha ha, looks funny, the audience loved this one the most.Lucy: Still looks a bit what the heck. No reaction.Sex Tape: Laughs at the 2nd half (best part was the dog part-please tell me that's the ending!)Edge of Tomorrow: Some laughs for some reason. Still looks odd. (I did hear I liked it better as Groundhog's Day...oh wait that was me!)Apes 2: Some talking and "Ohh a new one!"Kingsman: Never even heard of this till today. Some talking and laughs.Movie: Really good. This along with Cap seem to be the most violent of the Marvel films (where as the end of the Summer the most lighthearted Marvel film to date seems to come out unless if something I don't know about in it). Quite a few funny parts in the first half-Quicksilver's scene -CLASSIC. The visuals were top notch, pretty good acting as well. Not many got up during the ending credits either. The audience at this movie up.And someone made a comment on how Mystique is pretty...oh wait that was me again.A (2nd best of 2014, Cap is still number one)

Great movie and right now the best x-men movie. The scope of this film was epic. The acting is top notch. The screenplay worked out very well. The visual effects  are awesome in this movie. The movie is fun to watch and one best comic book movies in a long time. This movie is much better than what the marketing lead on. 

4.5/5

• Like 3

Upon looking them over-the first X-Men has not aged as well. But I have to give it credit or else we might of never seen Spidey, The Marvel universe or even The Dark Knight (remember that when X-Men came out Batman was not liked that much anymore)

• Community Manager

The movie felt a bit long and the ending was weird. So they brought everyone who died in the old series back to life? OK fine, but really unnecessary. Basically they're saying the events that happened in the other x-men films only exists in Logan's head now right? Also, I thought Charles Xavier was killed in the last stand, how is he alive in the future scenes?

I was also hoping Magneto would finally see some redemption but no such luck, basically he ended up doing what he always did playing the short-sighted fool that he himself admits he was in the future scenes.

The technology for the sentinels was baffling too, how did the DNA of a organic shape-shifting mutant allow the synthetic sentinels to adapt to any situation again? 

Okay nitpicking aside I really enjoyed this film, probably more than I did first class which was my favourite x-men film up to this point. The tone was darker which isn't a bad thing, and the characters had an added depth to them. Charles Xavier's path from a self pitying drug addict to somebody who accepts his powers and responsibility to use them for good was one of the highlights of the film. He summed it up perfectly when he said "Just because someone stumbles and loses their way doesn't mean they are lost forever". This is perfect because he is also including himself when he says this and because he can forgive himself, he can forgive the people around him too, and we see a glimpse of the Charles Xavier he would one day become. I loved Maximoff's character too, he has amazing talents :D

overall I give this film an A. I only saw so much to nitpick because I enjoyed it so much. It did little to lessen my enjoyment of the film 

1) First Class and Days of Future Past are pretty much the only canon now. Yeah, we have no idea how Charles Xavier came back to life and we'll probably never find out unless FOX is planning to confuse the hell out of fans by doing movies in both timelines.

2) To be fair, if he did "redeem" himself it would have been out-of-character since he hadn't gone through the growth future Magneto has gone through.

3) I don't know. Midicholrians?

• Like 1

1) First Class and Days of Future Past are pretty much the only canon now. Yeah, we have no idea how Charles Xavier came back to life and we'll probably never find out unless FOX is planning to confuse the hell out of fans by doing movies in both timelines.

2) To be fair, if he did "redeem" himself it would have been out-of-character since he hadn't gone through the growth future Magneto has gone through.

3) I don't know. Midicholrians?

1. he comes back to life at the end credits of X-Men 3. 

• Like 3

X-Men and X2 are still canon. In what form? Who knows. But they're definitely canon.

X1 at the least seems canon since Rogue still has that white streak in her hair.

• Like 2

X-Men:3:30PMAbout 75% full-quite a few of the nerd crowd...I LOVE THAT ;))Trailers:Expendables 3: Looks great, audience really enjoyed it.Guardian's: (New trailer): Ha ha, looks funny, the audience loved this one the most.Lucy: Still looks a bit what the heck. No reaction.Sex Tape: Laughs at the 2nd half (best part was the dog part-please tell me that's the ending!)Edge of Tomorrow: Some laughs for some reason. Still looks odd. (I did hear I liked it better as Groundhog's Day...oh wait that was me!)Apes 2: Some talking and "Ohh a new one!"Kingsman: Never even heard of this till today. Some talking and laughs.Movie: Really good. This along with Cap seem to be the most violent of the Marvel films (where as the end of the Summer the most lighthearted Marvel film to date seems to come out unless if something I don't know about in it). Quite a few funny parts in the first half-Quicksilver's scene -CLASSIC. The visuals were top notch, pretty good acting as well. Not many got up during the ending credits either. The audience at this movie up.And someone made a comment on how Mystique is pretty...oh wait that was me again.A (2nd best of 2014, Cap is still number one)

Cool  glad you still view the Cap as amongst the top 3  Superheroes of all time for this very

realistic modern day era .:D

I figured there was no way Xmen could beat the Captain in quality, not many can.. :)Its pretty much

Capt2, SM2, TDK,  Avengers at the top of the heap. .Then comes the original Superman, BB, Batman89,

Man of Steel, X2, Ironman, Captain America

Eh, I didn't care for it. I give it a C because Fassbender was cool, and Mystique's fight scenes were tight, but, I just didn't care for the story. I just thought X-2 is still the best X-Men movie, the rest are just meh to me.

X2 is the far superior Xmen film to me too, so I cant wait to see if this matches it. :)

If you have to ask in what form, then how are they canon?

This was Singer's ST09, now he can do whatever he wants in the next one. Still, I think he'll attempt to keep those two films as the most likely future for these characters with XFC the definitive past. The rest can burn for all he cares.

• Like 3

If you have to ask in what form, then how are they canon?

I only say this because X2 seems to have been altered a bit. ((Jean's still alive)). X-Men's most likely 100% untouched. X2 seems to be 90-95% untouched with only the ending possibly having not gone the same way with Jean's sacrifice. But then again maybe X2 happened the exact same way and something happened that wiped out TLS. Who knows. 

I only say this because X2 seems to have been altered a bit. ((Jean's still alive)). X-Men's most likely 100% untouched. X2 seems to be 90-95% untouched with only the ending possibly having not gone the same way with Jean's sacrifice. But then again maybe X2 happened the exact same way and something happened that wiped out TLS. Who knows. 

Jean looks to be coming out of the water as Phoenix at the very end of X2, so I think it's 100% fine. How she returns is just untold, but it's probably not much different than X3, except she won't have the Dark Phoenix part since Xavier learns in DOFP that controlling people is not the way to go. So she has the power, and he probably just integrates the two personalities rather than keeping her dark side buried. Which means when she returns she wouldn't kill Scott. That's the way I see it anyway.

Edited by Accursed Arachnid!™
  • Like 6

A good theory I heard was that thanks to seeing Logan's bad future with her, Xavier helped Jean embrace and control her Phoenix powers when she was growing up instead of making her repress them. Thus she was strong enough to survive X2's ending and the Dark Phoenix never happened.

EDIT: AA beat me to it.

• Like 6

A good theory I heard was that thanks to seeing Logan's bad future with her, Xavier helped Jean embrace and control her Phoenix powers when she was growing up instead of making her repress them. Thus she was strong enough to survive X2's ending and the Dark Phoenix never happened.

EDIT: AA beat me to it.

;)

• Like 1

I really liked this, the best of the May blockbusters this year. My first thought after it all was, has the last 14 years been a waste of time? but you guys seem to think not exactly.B+

First Class, X-Men, and X2 are all still around more or less. TLS and Origins are basically gone. The Wolverine is in limbo.