#ED

X-Men: Days of Future Past (2014)

138 members have voted

1. 1. X-Men: Days of Future Past (2014

The timeline has changed.  Any previous film in the series set after 1973 is in a different timeline.

The river analogy could be at least partially correct. It gives them an excuse to say X1 and X2 are the same, but the rest are changed.

Wow just got back. This movie was awesome. Everything from the acting to the effects was spot on. I'm glad it wasn't just a wolverine show. everyone chipped in. It was satisfying and extremely emotional. Charles and Ravens scenes were very well done. The music was nice too. The scenes in the future were very well integrated with the rest of the movie.

I like that they reset the timeline but kind of makes you think is it worth watching Xmen 1-3 anymore. Still i understand the decision. X3 fucked up future installments and they needed this. As much as i love x men first class i would like to see the present Xmen adventures. Makes it more current. 

As for the post credits scene i had goosebumps. EN SABAH NUR!!! I have been waiting for Apocalypse to be onscreen all my life. They showed a scene from ancient Egypt as a young man displaying his powers and man THAT is what you call power! 

I enjoyed this movie as much as Cap 2. Its hard to choose my fav Xmen movie now but i'll put it next to X2 and Xmen First Class for now.

A

Edited by Omario
  • Like 1

So they just ignored The Wolverine all together?? And in a way easily corrected? They could have just Wolverine having the old claws, not the metal ones. And I assume we will have one Wolverine in the movies of the young cast and another in the movies with the old cast. I am fine with a lot of Wolverine, tho. The after-credits scene was bad. The CGI was awful. I assume they have yet to chose an actor to portrait Apocalypse.

There was also a clear lack of destruction and action. Quicksilver was annoying as fuck. His scenes were good but the actor was meh. It will still be better than ATJ's Quicksilver, tho. And now only one movie truly matters in the X-Men saga. New fans could only see First Class and Days of Future Past. The rest is useless information. I kinda hope they do a new Phoenix saga story. But I know it won't happen.

Edited by CJohn
  • Like 1

Hey good buddy, did James Marsden come back

:D...I know Singer intended to fix crappy entries like part 3.. Also what aboutFamekee Jansen :)?

You can use spoilers here Kal. Don't need to tag them.

• Community Manager

I only say this because X2 seems to have been altered a bit. ((Jean's still alive)). X-Men's most likely 100% untouched. X2 seems to be 90-95% untouched with only the ending possibly having not gone the same way with Jean's sacrifice. But then again maybe X2 happened the exact same way and something happened that wiped out TLS. Who knows. 

If X-Men is 100% untouched, fine. But if Jean's sacrifice (a major, major plot point in X2) was altered or she came back to life a different way then X2 isn't canon anymore because it's not telling the story of how it happened anymore.

• Like 1

If X-Men is 100% untouched, fine. But if Jean's sacrifice (a major, major plot point in X2) was altered or she came back to life a different way then X2 isn't canon anymore because it's not telling the story of how it happened anymore.

Eh not exactly. The end of X2 would just be altered. Everything before it would be the same.

I am pretty sure everything not named X-Men Days of Future Past or X-Men First Class is useless to the story now. These two are the only movies worth seeing for new fans.

• Community Manager

Eh not exactly. The end of X2 would just be altered. Everything before it would be the same.

Yes exactly. The end of a movie is just as important as the whole thing because the whole story is building up to that point. If that point doesn't happen then the build-up either changes or it leads nowhere.

• Community Manager

Well, personally I'd like to think Jean's sacrifice happened, just maybe Scott and Wolverine's reactions didn't. Wolverine hugs nobody, especially Scott. :P

I personally don't think it's such a major issue if the first three movies didn't happen in this timeline. If this allows the franchise to basically reboot itself but keep using the same cast members then I think that's a good thing considering how old the rest of the movies are.