#ED

X-Men: Days of Future Past (2014)

138 members have voted

1. 1. X-Men: Days of Future Past (2014

Can someone spoil me the end scene?

My bestie didn't wanna wait, and the bitch had to snatch me from the back to get me out.

Its Apocalypse in Ancient Egypt building the pyramids with a crowd worshiping him

I'm assuming the next X-Men film will take place in the late 70s/80s.  We are getting closer to the original X-Men trilogy's timeline so at some point, Charles Xavier and Erik Lensherr are going to have to start looking like Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellan.  :)

Much better than Avengers. That one had no credible threat. It just felt the ensemble were having fun. Like a FPS game on XBOX. Here there were enough character conflicts and sentinels in short time showed they were unbeatable. 

In a way that is a problem as the movie said only way to beat sentinels is to go back in time and erase them from existence. 

enjoyed the movie a lot 

and raised my hands in the air when cyclops appeared and said hell yeahhh 

Posted Image

i could never forgive the franchise for killing him off in the first place , i've been lukewarm to the franchise ever since like i watch the films but wasnt into it as much so basically i'm up with any theory that ends with her not killing scott!

i hate logan being in love with jane grey ughhh find someone else to mope over she's taken !!!

it was very cool seeing familiar character , i loved all the guest appearances 

damn i missed end credit scene ,we were staying but when i saw there was no mid-credit scenes i thought there weren't any

Posted Image

i'd watch a FULL MONTY reboot with these actors in it lolll

hugh jackman  :wub:  :wub:  :wub: he spoiled me once in his latest wolverine film but once again , the guy is generous with his body  :lol:

Posted Image

that's who that was ? i spent the entire film wondering who the heck that guy was re: quicksilver!

his scenes were crazy good got a lot of laughs

yep the new mutants were cool but had no idea who they were , or what was storm connection to omar sy mutant ?

the two charles scenes was neat i was like damn that is one long ass long distance communication trope!

tyrion was great, loved his hair , he was doing his thing, like yeah i'm short but i'm a brain and have a major company playing in the big leagues!

Ozymandias

As expected, Magneto is all too easy to sympathize with despite being a prick(this might be because both actors that play him, Fassbender and McKellen, are some of the most talented and charismatic actors today).

ah yes magneto the 2 actors did a great job showing the character's arc over time , i think i'd have been disappointed had he not gone rogue and done his own thing i'm glad at some point as old men they seem to put their heads  together him and prof x but from the very beginning its been clear these two just had different approach to the mutants survival debate 

• Like 2

1. X2 A(96/100)

2. X DOFP A-(93/100) May still rise(or fall) with a second viewing

3. XFC A-(92/100)

4. X-Men A-(91/100)

5. TW B+(89/100)

6. X3 B+(87/100)

7. XOW B(84/100)

Changed due to confirmation that was Longshot at the beginning of the film. My two favorite X-Men characters (Nightcrawler and Longshot) are now the first on screen in my two favorite X-Men films. :D :D :D

I watched it again, and while I'm not lowering my grade, that is not Longshot at the beginning of the film scavenging around and finding the X symbol in the dirt. That is more likely to be Nathan Summers, child of Jean and Scott(X-Man from Age of Apocalypse and Cable from the dark future). I mistook him for Longshot because his face was so perfect looking. But I now realize he's just a boy. And the blond streak is like that of Nathan's X-Man look.

Posted Image

• Like 1

Being the 20th post on a page sucks, you get no love :( haha

haha yeah I know...I really wish there was a 50 posts per page option. Or that we'd just go to that. 20 ppp is way too few.
  • Like 1

I saw it today and I really liked it. 

Great story, really good action, good to great acting, and really good direction. It is probably my favorite X-Men film.

I thought Fassbender was the best part of the movie. Also, I was surprised that I really enjoyed Quicksilver. Oh, and I loved how it reset the X-Men movie universe. 

With that said, I still feel it is slightly worse than Captain America: The Winter Soldier. I gave CA:TWS a 96.

I give this a.......

A(94)

Almost forgot. I loved seeing Marsden show up at the end as Cyclops.  ^_^

• Like 2

What's the point of bringing back characters like Jean and Cyclops if you're never going to use them again?

They will use them again even if the actors dont  play the parts.  I know  James marsden

has said he loves the cyclops character so he will be bac

I saw it today and I really liked it. 

Great story, really good action, good to great acting, and really good direction. It is probably my favorite X-Men film.

I thought Fassbender was the best part of the movie. Also, I was surprised that I really enjoyed Quicksilver. Oh, and I loved how it reset the X-Men movie universe. 

With that said, I still feel it is slightly worse than Captain America: The Winter Soldier. I gave CA:TWS a 96.

I give this a.......

A(94)

Almost forgot. I loved seeing Marsden show up at the end as Cyclops.

amen  Empire... I'm willing to  bet that James is going to be back with a vengance in future Xmen films as well

• Like 1

They will use them again even if the actors dont  play the parts.  I know  James marsden

has said he loves the cyclops character so he will be bac

In Apocalypse they are going to be younger versions.  Teens probably, maybe in their early 20s.

• Like 1

Fantastic movie with heart. What it lacks in action, it makes up with an excellent screenplay and direction. As baumer indicated, while Bryan Singer may not be a good person in real life, but he certainly knows how to direct a very good SH movie. 

The pacing is very good. The movie has several memorable moments. Some of them are small like the exchanges with Scott and beast. Some great like Charles' conversations with Mystique. 

A solid A from me.

• Like 2

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/6-major-continuity-problems-in-the-x-men-movies-86639163567.html

I want to tackle these continuity problems one-by-one:

When did Professor X and Magneto meet?In the original movie, Charles Xavier (played by Patrick Stewart) tells Wolverine, “When I was 17, I met a young man named Erik Lehnsherr,” aka Magneto (Ian McKellen). But in First Class, Charles (then played by James McAvoy) is seen as a child in 1944, and he meets Erik (Michael Fassbender) 18 years later in 1962.

This one is tricky. You can say Xavier merely screwed up with his age and was actually 27 when he met Erik, plenty of time for him to get his masters and become a professor. Think of how ridiculous XFC would have been if he was 17.

When did Professor X and Magneto become enemies?First Class ends in 1962 with Charles and Erik having fought and split apart over their philosophical differences of whether humans and mutants can coexist.  But in the flashback to 1986 at the beginning of X-Men: The Last Stand, which flashes back to 1986, the two are apparently still friends, and they go together to recruit Jean Grey to enroll in Xavier’s school.

This one is easy. This is not even an error. In both the films and the comics, Xavier and Magneto often join together in common causes. Hopefully, in the next film Singer can further clear this up and show they recruited a new team to fight Apocalypse.

When was Professor X paralyzed?In the climax of First Class, Magneto deflects a bullet that hits Xavier in the spine, causing him to lose the use of his legs. Days of Future Past sees Charles in 1973 taking a drug that allows him to walk again but at the cost of his mutant powers; he eventually gives it up and returns to the wheelchair. However, in X-Men Origins: Wolverine (set in the late ’70s) and the mid-’80s flashback in Last Stand, Professor X can walk and use his psychic abilities.

Also simple, XOW never happened. But that's too easy. I'll just say that in the comics, Prof X constantly went back and forth walking and not walking, depending on what was going on with him at that time. His paralyzation issues stem from a psychological block and since he's such a powerful telepath he simply cannot walk when he thinks he can't and vice versa.

How is Professor X alive (and still looking like himself)?Jean Grey disintegrates Prof. X in the middle of The Last Stand, but it is set up that he can input his consciousness into another body, which he does during the post-credits scene. And while you don’t see the face of the vegetative coma patient he takes over, how it is that when he wakes up he still looks just like Professor X? Last Stand director Brett Ratner said in the DVD commentary that the man in the coma is Xavier’s twin brother, but Charles never mentions having a sibling in any movie. And even if he did, is his brother also confined to a wheelchair? Did he take a bullet for Magneto’s twin?

It is his twin and this is also from the comics. And as far as why he can't stand. Psychological block. ;)

When did Professor X start his school?According to the official X-Men website 25moments.com, Xavier started his school for mutants in 1963. But in the first movie, the Professor says that Cyclops and Jean Grey “were some of my first students.” The timelines just don’t match up, with Prof. X first encountering Cyclops in the late ’70s in X-Men Origins, and subsequently recruiting Jean in the mid-’80s.

Oh, come on. He simply didn't recruit Jean and Scott until after he had started up the school for a second time. So, yes, they are some of his first students, especially when you consider how different Prof X is post-DOFP. He may not even count his first try.

How are there two versions of some people?Moira MacTaggert, as played by Rose Byrne, is a young American CIA agent in the early ’60s in First Class. Moira MacTaggert as played by Olivia Williams is a not-much older Scottish geneticist in the modern day scenes of The Last Stand. Also, Emma Frost was a teenager in the ’70s in 2009’s Origins: Wolverine, but she was also an adult in 1962 in First Class (and — SPOILER — Magneto says she was killed sometime before 1973 in Days of Future Past). Plus, the hulking, mute Sabretooth of 2000’s X-Men is nothing like the verbose and clever Victor Creed (played by Liev Schrieber) in 2009’s Wolverine.

The Moira from 1962 is not the same Moira from 2006. Maybe her daughter? Either way, one is a CIA agent and the other is a scientist/doctor. They are obviously two different characters. The same could be said for the two Emmas and the young Emma's name was never completely revealed in XOW, it may simply be a coincidence. Again, two different characters. You could also say that Victor Creed is not Sabretooth and vice versa in the films since neither use the other alias. OR, you could just say Victor was experimented on like Wolverine and he became the large hulking version(not mute) in the twenty some odd years between XOW and X1. If he remembered Wolverine he couldn't communicate it or care and obviously Wolvie didn't remember him, especially how he looked. This is also in line with the comics since Sabretooth didn't reveal his connection to Wolverine for years after their first battle. There was even a time Wolvie thought Sabretooth could be his father.

So, as you can plainly see, the timeline isn't as screwed up as it might seem. And the convoluted timeline is reverent to the comics as well. The most prolific X-Men writer, Chris Claremont made glaring errors and left plot lines dangling so many times, it became a running joke with the book at that time.

Edited by Accursed Arachnid!™
  • Like 5

Realized I never put my review up.  Most people have touched on all the points already so no need to be redundant.

I enjoyed the flick and it is one of the better films I have seen this year.  It is not near the top, but still good.

While I enjoyed it, I don't get all the lovefest at the same time.  However, it is easily one of the better X-Men movies so I am glad to see them getting the series back on the right track.

B+

• Community Manager

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/6-major-continuity-problems-in-the-x-men-movies-86639163567.html

I want to tackle these continuity problems one-by-one:

This one is tricky. You can say Xavier merely screwed up with his age and was actually 27 when he met Erik, plenty of time for him to get his masters and become a professor. Think of how ridiculous XFC would have been if he was 17.

This one is easy. This is not even an error. In both the films and the comics, Xavier and Magneto often join together in common causes. Hopefully, in the next film Singer can further clear this up and show they recruited a new team to fight Apocalypse.

Also simple, XOW never happened. But that's too easy. I'll just say that in the comics, Prof X constantly went back and forth walking and not walking, depending on what was going on with him at that time. His paralyzation issues stem from a psychological block and since he's such a powerful telepath he simply cannot walk when he thinks he can't and vice versa.

It is his twin and this is also from the comics. And as far as why he can't stand. Psychological block. ;)

Oh, come on. He simply didn't recruit Jean and Scott until after he had started up the school for a second time. So, yes, they are some of his first students, especially when you consider how different Prof X is post-DOFP. He may not even count his first try.

The Moira from 1962 is not the same Moira from 2006. Maybe her daughter? Either way, one is a CIA agent and the other is a scientist/doctor. They are obviously two different characters. The same could be said for the two Emmas and the young Emma's name was never completely revealed in XOW, it may simply be a coincidence. Again, two different characters. You could also say that Victor Creed is not Sabretooth and vice versa in the films since neither use the other alias. OR, you could just say Victor was experimented on like Wolverine and he became the large hulking version(not mute) in the twenty some odd years between XOW and X1. If he remembered Wolverine he couldn't communicate it or care and obviously Wolvie didn't remember him, especially how he looked. This is also in line with the comics since Sabretooth didn't reveal his connection to Wolverine for years after their first battle. There was even a time Wolvie thought Sabretooth could be his father.

So, as you can plainly see, the timeline isn't as screwed up as it might seem. And the convoluted timeline is reverent to the comics as well. The most prolific X-Men writer, Chris Claremont made glaring errors and left plot lines dangling so many times, it became a running joke with the book at that time.

1) He screwed up his age by ten whole years? I mean when he was 17 he was still in high school but he met Eric after he got his Master's. If Xavier's memory is this bad, I think he might be using his powers a little too frequently and needs to get his brain checked ASAP.

2) Yeah, in the "comics" but why would Magneto set aside their differences so he can help X recruit a student for his school? They don't seem to have a single problem in that scene like they have every other time they've been forced to team up (except in the future). I mean sure they can clear it up in the next film but still.

3) If that's the case then I think it robs the whole "Xavier gave up his powers through his walking injection" story. There the "psychological" block is physically represented by a serum. Also stating "he goes from walking to wheelchair based on the plot" is confusing and silly. Also stating "in the comics" is utterly meaningless because these are the films.

4) I'll take he didn't count his first try.

5) Just because the comics can't keep their stories together doesn't mean a film (series) should either.

• Like 1