#ED

X-Men: Days of Future Past (2014)

138 members have voted

1. 1. X-Men: Days of Future Past (2014

Refresh my memory: How did Magneto get back his powers and X his life?Assuming there's a good explanation, a solid superhero film with McAvoy being a standout. Blink's powers looked really cool in 3D.

Cure was temporary and Xavier apparently transferred his mind to his brain dead twin brother
  • Like 1

• Community Manager

1) Not the greatest explanation, I agree, but really the only one that makes any sense at all since the age he explains is just completely off.

2) I said in both the films and the comics...in X2 they join forces at least for awhile against the common threat of Stryker. And Apocalypse would represent a threat of the highest order. Due to how they are essentially friends first, enemies second, I don't see a problem with them recruiting mutants together. Like I said, to me this is not an error.

3) I don't see why you can't make this jump. If he's such a powerful psychic and the serum created this belief in him that his powers only work while he's unable to walk, why wouldn't his subconscious create this mental block to protect him? And besides, it may just be the mental block and not the serum that causes him to believe this. It's possibly psycho-symptomatic. And it does matter, because that is the source material for the story or we end up with films like Supergirl, Superman IV, Batman & Robin and Catwoman. Films that ignore the comic and take the characters only at face value.

4) OK ;)

5) I just included that as a humorous aside. For me, growing up with Claremont's X-Men, Singer is doing a fine job of mucking things up while keeping things interesting.

Also, I didn't say these were the definitive answers...just that answers exist. ;)

2) Yeah they did join forces in X2 but there was tension there. There was no real tension in that scene in the Last Stand between the two of them.

3) I'm not saying the source material should be ignored but that it is ultimately different from the adapted material. Just because X happened in comics doesn't mean X is true in the films. Adaption differences and all. As to why I can't make this jump: maybe because the films really haven't? I mean you can make this theory based on your own knowledge of the source material (knowledge I don't have) but basically it's just the movies being inconsistent because there is no franchise planning.

I mean ultimately the lack of any real planning between the films weakens the franchise as a whole. Granted, Hollywood in general (outside of the main Marvel studios) tends to be terrible at franchise planning. 

Best movie of the year hands down. I could ramble on and on about this film. Terrific performances from Fassbender, Lawrence, Jackman, McKellen, and Page! Already seen it 3 times!!

A+ .... 10/10

• Like 1

B+

Dumbest piece of logic in the film:

"You'll need me as well""Err why, you're a fucking terrible influence on people who continually efforts to fuck things up in the worst way imaginable""yeah but... dat Fass"

• Like 1

I give it an A

It might be my favorite X-men movie but I'll have to watch it again and then watch X2 to see for sure. 

Pretty much everyone involved was great in their roles. 

Love how they pretty much erased TLS and Origins:Wolverine, lol.

Only thing I was kind of disappointed by was not seeing future Wolverine take on a future Sentinal. I think that would have been cool to see.

I give it an A

It might be my favorite X-men movie but I'll have to watch it again and then watch X2 to see for sure. 

Pretty much everyone involved was great in their roles. 

Love how they pretty much erased TLS and Origins:Wolverine, lol.

Only thing I was kind of disappointed by was not seeing future Wolverine take on a future Sentinal. I think that would have been cool to see.

Same results like Warpath experienced.

Posted Image

Ah once again I can see that this forum is mostly consisting of comic book fans

1 - once again there's no ending nor beginning here ... no matter how many films in the series there are beforehand a movie needs to have a clear path and resolution

2 - second act is super dull once again Singer slipped into some meandering drama that is really not as gripping or as touching as he thinks it is I mean its a comic book movie we know how it will pan out ... and don't give me that 'its the journey that matters' crap it ain't no journey when characters are at a standstill moping around

3 - whether you like to admit it or not this film is pretty much pointless to non-fans ... I mean why would I care that they 'fixed' the timeline ( which is also a ridiculous notion ... X3 was made it was bad don't try to rectify it just fucking move on :rolleyes:  ) Jean has got to be the most irritating character of X- Men ever she's just there cause of Wolverine and to prove my point I saw this film now after 15 or so days in the theater so there weren't fans in the audience just casual moviegoers that probably saw most of the movies but they don't really care about them and EVERYONE groaned when she appeared which kinda made me laugh

Aside from that there's good stuff in it too as per usual in these movies since they do have an interesting premise to them and the actors are all fine ( even the sleepwalking Jackman ... don't blame the guy though its like his 6th time there's nothing left for him to explore character wise )

I maintain that Edge Of Tomorrow is the best summer movie by far ( I doubt anything of the grimness that's coming up is going to top it )

This is like a 7/10 or so

Edited by Crusader
  • Like 2

Finally got around to seeing this tonight. Awesome movie! Very unique in the genre. Felt like a superhero version of Inception. Far more ambitious storytelling than normal in this genre. I would rate this right up there with the very best superhero movies I've seen. Really enjoyed how it tied together the older movies with First Class.

• Like 5

It's pretty impressive that this is the second Superhero movie in as many months that has failed to get a single vote below a C.

(And no, I'm not counting Squaremaster's CA:TWS review for obvious reasons)

• Like 2

Oh, okay, I was just a little surprised that you hadn't watched any of the movies all the way through.  The comic genre is one of my favorite to watch on the big screen. 

Thanks

My parents didn't let me watch them when I was younger, but now I'm getting into it

I feel like the movie would have worked better if it were 10-15 minutes longer and had more time to focus on other characters and its themes. (especially in the future, and Quicksilver) With such an incredible cast, I feel like a lot of them don't have enough to do. Beast, on the other hard, could have easily used a reduction of screen time without much dismay. He mainly functions as another ally of Professor X. I guess that kind of works for the studio, though, since it leaves me more excitement to see them again in Apocalypse.

The movie was on to something great, and if it just went that extra mile, it would have been the difference between solid and spectacular.

• Like 2

It's pretty impressive that this is the second Superhero movie in as many months that has failed to get a single vote below a C. (And no, I'm not counting Squaremaster's CA:TWS review for obvious reasons)

If there was no marvel logo at the beginning of the movie and ended with 'directed by Christopher Nolan' his grade would be different.
  • Like 3