Films

CAYOM Year 9 Discussion Thread

noo man, I am not talking about limit of words, i am talking about number of films, has studios here put more than 4 movies in a only quarter, studios in real life don't make that.

Well it depends really on what type of player you are. We have players like Blank and Alpha who release many films in each quarter, both filler and substantial. And then there's players like me, who basically release only OCs or box-office hits or $200 million budgeted sci-fis or historical epics, which amounts to maybe 5-10 films a year. There really is no right way to play this game; I mean I'd like to think that I'm a good player and Blank and Alpha are fantastic players as well. 

• Like 1

And just my luck that I end up being involved in both of them.....

Ah well, I think both of my films are probably going to do fine. (Key word being probably). Phoenix Wright has a dedicated fanbase and is different enough from the rest of the pack that it won't suffer much from the competition. And Phantom Blood seems to be the strongest entry that weekend (plus I expect The Guardians to be cannibalised by Mysteries of the Beyond) so I'm not too worried.

Miserable Fans did huge; don't count my movie provided it's good

Well it depends really on what type of player you are. We have players like Blank and Alpha who release many films in each quarter, both filler and substantial. And then there's players like me, who basically release only OCs or box-office hits or $200 million budgeted sci-fis or historical epics, which amounts to maybe 5-10 films a year. There really is no right way to play this game; I mean I'd like to think that I'm a good player and Blank and Alpha are fantastic players as well. 

I'm actually not doing fillers this year haha. I'll be too busy with actuals and life to bother

I think we should put a stop on more films the weekend of Feb. 15. There's 5 that weekend and more would be too much. 

I trust we don't need an actual legal ruling. I think people would take a look and realize anything more would be suicide.

I literally just had an epiphany for a movie. I haven't had one of those since like Careful 1.0 when I planned it with Daldry. :excited: gonna involved drugs, suicide, psychiatrists and a trademark riczhang ending. :P probably gonna be my y9 main OC, but it might take a while to write and get right.

I presume the Coens will be involved

I'm still searching for a director :lol: I think I'll write it first and then see, but the coens aren't a bad choice. :P;)

It stars Garrett Hedlund tho :P

Edited by riczhang

I thought about it a bit more, and the Coens seem like the best choice. Still deciding on other casting tho. 

EDIT: I think I might bring back my favourite coen storytelling device: the diary :lol:

Edited by riczhang

Please can we have an extended deadlines of three days please as I am so busy at the moment and cannot write till next Sat/Sun

I was thinking of doing that since I will be semi-busy from Thursday to Sunday morning. I'll make a decision by tomorrow.

• Like 1

So that'd make the new deadline the 17th/18th? I'm fine with that. I'll probably be done in time either way.