Films

CAYOM Year 9 Discussion Thread

We need wide releases now on February 22-24 and March 29-31.

I would recommend someone moving a film off of President's Day Weekend and off of either February 8-10 or March 15-17.

• Like 1

We need wide releases now on February 22-24 and March 29-31.

I would recommend someone moving a film off of President's Day Weekend and off of either February 8-10 or March 15-17.

Alright, move Phoenix Wright down to the 22nd. It seems like the sort of film that could perform on nearly any weekend.

• Like 1

Yeah I am probably going to take a break for the game (well at least writing films and possibly everything). I don't know if it will be for like 2 weeks or 2 months but I don't have time or enough concentration or motivation or anything to write the films. Samara and ice desert will very unlikely get done

• Like 1

With so much material I just realized I will turn Digimon into a mega franchise of CAYOM with one-two movies per year. Should write a few of them during the Summer when I have the time. It is a shame one is already made and I didn't thought about this before. I will have to build stuff around it, I guess.

• Like 1

I felt this was a pretty cool way to share my progress on some of my films. Since I'm doing them all in Google Drive, I can share them publicly if someone has the link. So I decided to include a link where you guys can view a WIP version of The Red Pyramid as I'm working on it.

It's in the Part 1 thread where the film details are posted.

• Like 1

The current schedule if you remove all under construction films (since the deadline is tomorrow)

January 4-6Mine (Horror) (2301 Theaters) (Page 1)

Ship of Lies (Thriller) (3081 Theaters) (Page 2)

January 11-13

Alice in Horrorland (Horror) (3179 Theaters) (Page 1)

Tortoise Run (Animation) (2800 Theaters) (Page 1)January 18-21 (MLK Weekend)Among the Impostors (Sci-Fi/Thriller) (3843 Theaters) (Page 2)

Dystopia, USA (Parody) (3021 Theaters) (Page 2)January 25-27

Change of Heart (Drama) (3081 Theaters) (Page 2)

The Last Six 3-D Re-release (Fantasy) (2431 Theaters) (Page 2)

Skyjumper (Drama) (2966 Theaters) (Page 2)

February 1-3Slenderman: The Search (Supernatural Horror) (2599 Theaters) (Page 2)February 8-10

Sweet Disposition (Romance) (2100 Theaters) (Page 2)

Walking Alone (Romance/Post-Apocalypse) (3372 Theaters) (Page 1)February 15-18 (President's Day Weekend)

Thurs. Feb. 14- The Best of You (3301 Theaters) (Page 1)

Thurs. Feb. 14- The Tudors (Documentary) (Limited- 116 Theaters) (Page 1)

The Cave (Horror/Adventure) (3242 Theaters) (Page 1)

February 22-24

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Drama/Mystery) (3404 Theaters) (Page 1)

The Tudors (Wide- 1820 Theaters)March 1-3Island of Dreams (Drama) (Limited- 7 Theaters) (Page 1)March 8-10

Island of Dreams (Expansion- 45 Theaters)

March 15-17Legacy of the Joestars: Phantom Blood (Action/Adventure) (3983 Theaters) (Page 1)The Thin, the Fat, and the Felon (Western/Comedy) (3793 Theaters) (Page 2)Island of Dreams (Expansion- 175 Theaters)March 22-24Peace at Last (Animation) (4060 Theaters) (Page 1)Island of Dreams (Expansion- 461 Theaters)March 29-31

Our Future (Action) (3685 Theaters) (Page 2)

Island of Dreams (Wide- 1295 Theaters)

Edited by Blankments

I'll be posting Teen Titans tomorrow, still set for President's Day Weekend

Dang it. I was planning on having Joestars steal that spot if you forgot about it.

Edited by Rukaio Alter

Yeah I am probably going to take a break for the game (well at least writing films and possibly everything). I don't know if it will be for like 2 weeks or 2 months but I don't have time or enough concentration or motivation or anything to write the films.Samara and ice desert will very unlikely get done

Actually fuck this, I have finally gotten back into writing today of course. Half way through ice desert

If people want another day or two so they won't have horribly bad rushed films, that's okay. I am thinking on Thursday night we can cut off Part 1 for January films, but allow people to finish February and March films for a couple more days.

That would allow us to begin reviewing January films and making box office predictions for them.

Is that ok with everyone?

Edited by Numbers the One True King
  • Like 3

If people want another day or two so they won't have horribly bad rushed films, that's okay. I am thinking on Thursday night we can cut off Part 1 for January films, but allow people to finish February and March films for a couple more days.

That would allow us to begin reviewing January films and making box office predictions for them.

Is that ok with everyone?

Does anybody actually need the extra 1/2 days to complete their February/March stories? If so, then I'm fine with it. If not, then we might as well just end it all at once.