Films

CAYOM Year 9 Discussion Thread

Since the last two quarters have been kinda slow, I think we need to try and get other players who have been MIA interested in CAYOM again.

I think we could get people interested in this game again by reviving the CAYOM Festival. Usually between game years things were kinda blasé, but when we opened up a Festival thread and started picking judges, people would pop back in and say "I'll submit this or that" after some downtime, and then the game was alive once again.

I think with more activities between quarters we get people motivated to write. Stuff like Comic-Con really gets stuff rolling again.

• Like 2

We should have some award shows for blockbusters (Saturn Awards) and a more organized (and playful poke to the users) razzies

We did the Razzies last year, but that didn't really work out so well.

Something like the MTV Movie or Saturn Awards could get some interest.

I wonder what it would be like if Interstellar was a Cayom film. Rukaio would most likely hate it, Me and Blankments would probably love it. Man, it probably would've created more controversy than Kansas (No offense towards you Alpha).

Nah, I'd prefer to have the most controversial CAYOM 2.0 film ever made. :P

• Like 1

I wonder what it would be like if Interstellar was a Cayom film. Rukaio would most likely hate it, Me and Blankments would probably love it. Man, it probably would've created more controversy than Kansas (No offense towards you Alpha).

I doubt it'd be more controversial than Kansas, since Kansas attacked a religion with an attitude that was all superiority based

• Like 1

If I can get into a habit of writing stuff again, I will probably be back for Y10

I was actually planning a surprise return for this quarter but I never wrote anything in the end

Edited by Films

Since I'm gonna have lots of free time during Thanksgiving break, I'll do a lot of writing then.

The stuff that doesn't get finished up will get finished over winter break. My main goal is to get everything done before the second semester starts, because shit gets real during the second semester.

Edited by Alpha

I've been meaning to ask.

About the Critical Consensus thread, is there some sort of order or pattern as to who runs it or is it just whoever wants to do it can do it? 

About the Critical Consensus thread, is there some sort of order or pattern as to who runs it or is it just whoever wants to do it can do it? 

No pattern. Generally first come, first serve.

When somebody posts the first review, somebody scrambles to get the thread set up.