Films

CAYOM Year 9 Discussion Thread

Aw man. I've just had a great idea for a Coen bros film, but Riczhang is already using them...

Between this and Gareth Edwards, why, whenever I find a movie perfect for a director, must they always be busy?

You can use Edwards... I doubt I'll finish my movie, and If I do I can use Liman any day.

• Like 1

Jesus Blank, you really weren't kidding when you said you crapped out Acts 2/3. Shame since I was actually really kinda enjoying it up until then. If you were really struggling that much with it, why not just delay the project until you felt more like doing it? I said 4 superhero movies in one year was overdoing it.

(Also, that would allow me to move Joestars to the Presidents Day Weekend, but I digress.)

It's just so... boring. Connected superhero universes in film are a fun idea in concept, but ultimately leads to not being able to do fun stuff.

For example, I remember wanting to adapt this for my DCU, but then realized that it couldn't fit into my established universe. Also, if I want to get to the good stuff (Crisis on Two Earths, other DC arcs), I gotta slog through the boring set-up. :/

Jesus Blank, you really weren't kidding when you said you crapped out Acts 2/3. Shame since I was actually really kinda enjoying it up until then. If you were really struggling that much with it, why not just delay the project until you felt more like doing it? I said 4 superhero movies in one year was overdoing it.

(Also, that would allow me to move Joestars to the Presidents Day Weekend, but I digress.)

I might push it back... I'm burned out on superhero movies myself.

I'll decide later. Probably will cancel Flash 2 if I do delay it, and instead fit the set-up in with Teen Titans (YAY CONNECTED UNIVERSES; not really)

EDIT: Holy crap; at dinner I came up with a good idea on how to fix it up. I'll edit the new second and third acts in later tonight most likely

Edited by Blankments

I might push it back... I'm burned out on superhero movies myself.

I'll decide later. Probably will cancel Flash 2 if I do delay it, and instead fit the set-up in with Teen Titans (YAY CONNECTED UNIVERSES; not really)

EDIT: Holy crap; at dinner I came up with a good idea on how to fix it up. I'll edit the new second and third acts in later tonight most likely

Remember, you have a couple days past this to work on it, so you can take a breath and fix it up.

Remember, you have a couple days past this to work on it, so you can take a breath and fix it up.

Gotcha. I'm really enthusiastic on this new direction though; it's a bit generic but it's much more easy to write than generic end fight in city which is what it was originally gonna be

LOL, making fun of this fact is what kicks off the second act of my new story of it

Though technically the climax of my Star Wars movie is an invasion of a city.  :ph34r:

But it involves giant flying space lizards that people ride, which makes it cool.

Definitely going to hit greater forces in Q2, especially with my Wes Anderson film. (I'm serious, I have a ton of great ideas for it, and if I can get them to work, then it might be my favorite film I've ever written in this game.)

Definitely going to hit greater forces in Q2, especially with my Wes Anderson film. (I'm serious, I have a ton of great ideas for it, and if I can get them to work, then it might be my favorite film I've ever written in this game.)

Interesting
  • Like 2

So are we starting Part 2 for January now?

Dude, I'm allowed to go to sleep. Threads don't have to start exactly on the dot.

And if people know what time certain threads can open, they are allowed to start them. I don't have to begin every single thread.

Edited by 4815162342
  • Like 1