Films

CAYOM Year 9 Discussion Thread

Since Numbers is probably the only other person who is doing his reviews in a regular style, once he's got December out, assuming nobody else is doing regular reviews and just going to Top 25 lists, I will post the best and worst scores of the year. And I will also make the full list ranking this year's films from bottom to top.

• Like 1

Speaking of Oscar picks, I'm planning on opening them once Numbers and C00k13 finish their Top 25's.

Although, if anyone else is planning on doing a Top 25, I can wait until they're done.

Speaking of Oscar picks, I'm planning on opening them once Numbers and C00k13 finish their Top 25's.

Although, if anyone else is planning on doing a Top 25, I can wait until they're done.

Scratch me out from doing a top 25. I simply don't have the time to go over all the films right now.

Maybe so but it's understandable. This just wasn't the best year. Towards the middle, we got into this back-to-school funk hat I think messed us up a lot. But I'm sort of glad too because we came back swinging towards the end as well.

Next year should be a lot more exciting though. Unlike this year, I'm actually gonna put some effort into my projects to make them good (I know, surprising right). Imagine Into the Dead but 10 times the quality. That's what I'm striving for.

• Like 1

Hey guys, do you think it'd be acceptable for me to push Cybernetic 7 for Best Original Screenplay rather than Adapted? I mean, I know I touted it as being a remake of Seven Samurai, but it's about 90-95% original material.

Hey guys, do you think it'd be acceptable for me to push Cybernetic 7 for Best Original Screenplay rather than Adapted? I mean, I know I touted it as being a remake of Seven Samurai, but it's about 90-95% original material.

If it was plot point to plot point like SS then I'd say no. But since you gave it your own spin and went with a more original approach, go for it.

It's Adapted Rukaio, them's the rules

Double checked on the official Academy definitions and yeah, you're right.

That said, I've realised Battle for Brazil would probably count in the Original Screenplay section instead, so that solves my problem for me. 

That's what Year 9 was supposed to be. :(

Yah, but we started at possibly the worst possible times to have done it, the summer and the begining of the school year. Now that I am fully comfortable with high school now, I am at the stage where I want to get back into writing a bit and actually make good material.
  • Like 1

Yah, but we started at possibly the worst possible times to have done it, the summer and the begining of the school year. Now that I am fully comfortable with high school now, I am at the stage where I want to get back into writing a bit and actually make good material.

same thing for me :), i will be here for Y10 :D

i updapte my studios plans ;)

Edited by Neity