Films

CAYOM Year 9 Discussion Thread

I'm considering opening up the Oscar Picks thread later tonight (although if I do do so, it won't be for a few hours at least since I'm currently working on a coursework essay).

I'm not going to open the Advanced Schedule until Blank is finished with actuals though.

• Like 1

You need to work on how you take graded reactions, ungraded reactions, and rankings into account.

For example, you scored House of Atreus at 79%, lower than Scrooge McDuck, The Thin, The Fat, and The Felon, Dauntless, Suicide is Painless, Thyme's Time 2, Star Wars, Numbers Theory, Chuck Norris, 5cm per Second, Phoenix Wright, Fortune's Hunters.

And yet House of Atreus beat all of them by a substantial margin on the CC.

• Like 1

You need to work on how you take graded reactions, ungraded reactions, and rankings into account. (Unrated reactions are kind of hard to do as I can never tell how the person truly feels grade-wise)

For example, you scored House of Atreus at 79% (Which is still a pretty good score in my opinion but to be honest, that's kind of why I changed the name of the thread in the first place. The Rotten Tomatoes thread just didn't seem legit enough because they would have been higher than they actually were), lower than Scrooge McDuck, The Thin, The Fat, and The Felon, Dauntless, Suicide is Painless, Thyme's Time 2, Star Wars, Numbers Theory, Chuck Norris, 5cm per Second, Phoenix Wright, Fortune's Hunters.

And yet House of Atreus beat all of them by a substantial margin on the CC.

Thanks though. I will keep this in mind going forward.

Here is how I scored the films:

F= 0%

D-= 8%

D= 17%

D+= 25%

C-= 33%

C= 42%

C+= 50%

B-= 58%

B= 67%

B+= 75%

A-= 83%

A= 92%

A+= 100%

I then take ALL the proper reviews that were given out and average their score. For Example: For scoring Hateful Eight, I took your review (C+, see score chart above), Rukaio's review (B-/C+, average there was a 54%), and my review (B+) and averaged them which came out to be 60% (on the verge of negativity). That was how I originally did it. But then I went back and was not particularly pleased with the original scores I had given. I then added this: The amount of positive reviews vs. the amount of negative reviews (now a thought just popped up into my head on how to change this but bear with me). Anything above a sixty percent would count as a positive while anything below would be a negative.

For example (yeah I know, lots of examples), one above sixty percent, two below sixty percent (still referring to H8) 1-2= -1. 60 - 1= 59%. And that's how I've initally done it the whole year. I know, it's not particularly good but the damage has already been done. I will hopefully try to think of a way to add to the equation to make it better fitting. Maybe try to lean more towards the Metacritic way of going about it? Idk. It was quite interesting to see the final scores though :)

I kinda wonder what would happen if a studio got hacked in CAYOM like Sony just did. 

Well, we know what would leak if Blankment's studio would get hacked. Private emails in between him and David Henrie. Maybe some nudes.