SpiderByte

Skyline Sequel (Beyond Skyline)

Stars Frank Grillo and Iko Uwais, some pretty decent acting chops.

The trailer does look kind of awesome.

From the director

According to BEYOND SKYLINE writer/director Liam O'Donnell, who also penned the first movie, it was always in his mind that the sequel would follow "new characters on the same night as the invasion depicted in the first movie. That way we could see some of the things from the first movie from a different perspective before heading up into the Mothership and getting a more global view of the invasion." O'Donnell also wanted to give audiences more of what they expected the first film should have been like, and turned the sequel into an action/adventure movie.

There's still no firm release date, it just says 2017, but if ever there was a time to release something like this (with the current void) it would be now.

It will premiere first at the Sitges Film Festival this October

Edited by AndyK

8 minutes ago, langer said:

10M$ budget and they gave us a very nice nuke scene in the first one.  I'll be watching this.

Well they did own their own VFX workshop, so I guess thats what kept the budget down.

I enjoyed the first one much more than I should have done, it would have been better if they cut off the last 5 minutes.

Just now, AndyK said:

Well they did own their own VFX workshop, so I guess thats what kept the budget down.

I enjoyed the first one much more than I should have done, it would have been better if they cut off the last 5 minutes.

yeah that shit was weird