CJohn

Neighbors 2: Sorority Rising | May 20, 2016 | First Trailer on Page 8!

Call it the Pitch Perfect 2 slot, which came from Univeral like Neighbors does.

But when was the new Friday the 13th ever expected to have a 20M-25M opening day? Where is that coming from?

The previous Friday the 13th had a 20M OD (enroute to a 40M OW and a 60M total). F13 has a pretty dedicated fanbase which rushes out on, well, Friday the 13th to watch the movie. And with this one going to be in 3D as well, I would completely expect a 20-25M OD enroute to a 45M OW and a 65M total.

Makes sense, second weekend of Civil War and Friday the 13th potentially having another 20-25M OD would have hurt it. The Mad Max slot is perfect and it's competition is Angry Birds.

I think you mean OW, not OD.

• Like 1

Have you seen how much the previous F13 did on OD. Similar marketing and the date and the fact that this is the first one in 6 years plus 3D should get this a similar OD.

Nope. There's only so much a fan can take before disavowing a franchise. F13 is dead.

The first Neighbors is a riot. I think it holds up on repeat viewings. How they make this one different is a big question, but I'm so fully in Rose Byrne's camp (and Rogen's and Efron's to lesser extents) that I'll be there opening day regardless.

Rose Byrne's Dean bit cracks me up every time.

Think they should have stuck with the original Neighbours date instead of going for the Pitch Perfect 2 date.

Granted PP2 outgrossed Neighbours but still look at the Great Gatsby.

Neighbours opened to $50m when TASM2 was on its second weekend. Obviously CW will be bigger than it but it's a waste of a weekend now.