CJohn

Neighbors 2: Sorority Rising | May 20, 2016 | First Trailer on Page 8!

I feel like this is another unnecessary comedy sequel like The Hangover 2 where it's practically the same premise as the first with some small changes. At least 22 Jump Street was able to do this in a hilarious and self referential way. Gotta say I'm surprised that Chole's is the sorority they're against since I figured it would be Selena's. Question is will this be a 22 Jump Street or Horrible Bosses 2 at the BO. 

Edited by Rman823
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, jandrew said:

Got the trailer at Ride Along. Wasn't expecting it. It really did get laughs out of me, but they do re-use a lot of the same jokes.

You know, for real I was very surprised when I got this. Had no idea since the trailer wasnt preloaded.

I miss those old days before the web 2.0 when the first time youd see a trailer would be in the theater, and in some instances thatd even be the first time finding out the movie was coming. 

That may have been how I found out about Spongebob. You can bet my 9-10 year old self needed some medication after.

On 1/17/2016 at 10:32 PM, The Panda said:

I could see this pulling a Hangover 2 or a Ted 2.

Why though? The first Hangover was a phenomenon among the college set. Is the first Neighbors really in that same league? Ted 2 would be unlikely as well though, the first wasn't nearly big enough for that kind of a drop off. 

Edited by MovieMan89

Legs could be shot though. There is an onslaught of big new movies every weekend after it opens. And comedies like the Lonely Island movie and Central Intelligence in June. This summer will be so interesting to track for legs. I swear, next to nothing might even get a 3x multi. So much competition at every corner in every genre. 

1 minute ago, MovieMan89 said:

Legs could be shot though. There is an onslaught of big new movies every weekend after it opens. And comedies like the Lonely Island movie and Central Intelligence in June. This summer will be so interesting to track for legs. I swear, next to nothing might even get a 3x multi. So much competition at every corner in every genre. 

The Lonely Island comedy is not gonna be competition :lol: 

1 minute ago, MovieMan89 said:

It's a dark horse at least. They've had quite a ton of success on youtube over the years, which obviously doesn't equate to movie tickets sold, but can't be denied they have a fanbase either. 

Their movie will open with 15M and disappear after two weeks or so :lol: