Robot308

Can January/February & September/October End The Dumping Ground Off Season Cursed? I Hope So

Dracula untold made 50m So this the Monster movie cant do 100M because Dracula failed to crack 100M? Come on.

Pacific Rim one barely made 100m Really? Still made 100M.

We know nothing about Ferdinand or Ghost in the Shell. You don't but you should. Will both do 100M+

And compare Aprils overall line up to a summer line up or November or December's line up, they're going to the be the tentpoles that aren't big enough to compete in the big months.

You'll have your BvS and such sure, but March is never going to be July unless July is barren like 2014.Did I day anything about this?

Say its Frankenstein with Nolan directing starring Hemsworth, RDJ, Jolie and Theron will the monster movie miss 100M, I guess so.

Edited by Neo

Those movies don't make April a summer month, I guarantee you not all of those will make 100m, and the month will still be a good 200m less at minimum than May or July

Again did I say anything about the Summer? You brought it up but those 4 movies do make it a Summer month. Aren't they bigger than July 2013? Don't think all will do 100M+

Edited by Neo

At least with early plans, WB has sort of parked one of the two DC films almost every year into the late March/early April slot going forward. 

2016 - Batman v Superman

2018 - The Flash

2019 - Shazam

2020 - Cyborg

I wouldn't be surprised if Wonder Woman ends up moving to March or April 2017.

I think Pacific Rim 2 will end up moving to August and Universal slots Fast 8 in its slot.

• Like 1

I was actually looking into this earlier today. I want every month to have a $100m weekend winner.

January/February have come close. Probably within the next decade.

September...probably not in our lifetime.

August and October - within in the next 10 years, yea. 

December - Star Wars 7

JANUARY American Sniper $89,269,066

FEBRUARY Fifty Shades of Grey $85,171,450

MARCH The Hunger Games $152,535,747

APRIL Furious 7 $143,623,000

MAY The Avengers $207,438,708

JUNE Man of Steel $116,619,362

JULY Harry Potter / Deathly Hallows (P2) $169,189,427

AUGUST Guardians of the Galaxy $94,320,883

SEPTEMBER Hotel Transylvania $42,522,194

OCTOBER Gravity $55,785,112

NOVEMBER Catching Fire $158,074,286

DECEMBER The Hobbit $84,617,303

Edited by lilmac
  • Like 1

2017:

GitS

PAC RIM 2

Ferdindad

Universal Monster movie

Still has more to come.

None of those are guananteed $100M. I I see we're gonna have to through the same thing with Pac Rim 2 that we did with Pac Rim...

Like Panda said, April will never be stacked with wall to wall hits. Nor will February or January. The first 2 wekends of this February was insane, then it was back to normal. Same with January. The last weekend of January was morbid. I know yall love big flashy box office numbers, but get real.

• Like 1

None of those are guananteed $100M. I I see we're gonna have to through the same thing with Pac Rim 2 that we did with Pac Rim...

Like Panda said, April will never be stacked with wall to wall hits. Nor will February or January. The first 2 wekends of this February was insane, then it was back to normal. Same with January. The last weekend of January was morbid. I know yall love big flashy box office numbers, but get real.

You know PAC RIM did 100M+ When is the last time a DWA movie missed 100M and this is based on a story. A Blue Sky film has never missed 100M. The monster movie like I said depends on what it is. As for GitS starring ScarJo. In 2017 it will begin to be stacked. Did I say that January/February would be big and the rest of April would do "flashy" numbers all I said was 4 100M+

Why not Summer?

The only summer slot that could be feasible for Fast 8 is May 12th or 19th or August. April is a winning slot for the Fast franchise and they should stick with it.

February has the untitled WB animated film which could be either Lego Batman if it moves or an original film.

• Like 1

I have a feeling that April will outgross March

Not too hard actually this year. Furious 7 will earn more than Cinderella + Insurgent combined. Home will have earned most of its money in April, same with Get Hard. March earned 552M dollars this year, Furious 7 alone will earn around 300-320M, Home and Get Hard holdovers will earn 100M+ this month and Cinderella and Insurgent will add around 40-50M. Basically up to Paul Blart, Unfriended and Longest Rise to add 100-120M between them.

• Like 1

Not too hard actually this year. Furious 7 will earn more than Cinderella + Insurgent combined. Home will have earned most of its money in April, same with Get Hard. March earned 552M dollars this year, Furious 7 alone will earn around 300-320M, Home and Get Hard holdovers will earn 100M+ this month and Cinderella and Insurgent will add around 40-50M. Basically up to Paul Blart, Unfriended and Longest Rise to add 100-120M between them.

What? You had me scratching my head, that would be September levels. This March earned $703M according to BOM.

• Like 1

The only summer slot that could be feasible for Fast 8 is May 12th or 19th or August. April is a winning slot for the Fast franchise and they should stick with it.

February has the untitled WB animated film which could be either Lego Batman if it moves or an original film.

July 21, June 9 would likely force F4 to move if there is one. Also could be for 2018.

I actually don't see February as "dumping ground" especially after the last 2 years, and if 2016 has anything to say, next year has a lot of potential.

Same with October. It's not one of the biggest months, but there are quite a few hits (and genuinely good movies) released then.

January will always be dumping ground/Oscar expansion month but those are necessary.

And September isn't great, but Maze Runner films are some of my most anticipated out of their respective years, so at least I have that to look forward to :D