#ED

Sun#s pg 230...Wknd Est: DOFP: 91M, Godzilla - 31.4M, Blended - 14.2M , NB - 13.9M [NO SPOILERS]

That drop for Godzilla is fucking AWFUL, and I say that as one of the movie's biggest defenders. WOM from people I know is mixed, but not in the TASM2 mixed sense where everyone just says "meh," Godzilla is mixed in half of the people thought it was fucking awesome, and the other half hated it with a passion. Two years for now, an off-topic weekend numbers thread in September is sure to be derailed further by a 20 page debate about this movie. 

No, no haters that I know. The 2 camps are: Hardcore kaiju fans vs the "meh" GA. I just saw GODZILLA 1998 for the sake of comparison. There is no doubt about the uber-cheesiness of that movie but the filmmakers of that version seemed to know the basic action beats & story requirement of a summer action movie. You will recognize the cheese a mile away but you are not bored.

The other thing I notice: from JURASSIC 93 to GODZILLA 98 to PACRIM to GODZ 2014, the monsters seem to be associated with bad weather. They are drenched with rain all the time. It's like : "Well. Steve used rain during T-Rex scene. So will we. So will we. So will we."

Edited by zackzack
  • Like 1

Between Maleficent taking the family audience and A Million Ways to Die in the West being the new comedy, don't see how it holds all that well.

By next year, anyone who remembers Blended will look back on it and say it was just as bad as his other recent fare.

Is this the only movie you talk about here?  Every post you make is about how bad Blended is going to do, is doing and will do.  Why so much vested interest and anger towards it?

TF4 cant, no matter how big overseas to get grosses over 1.2 billion you still need a massive domestic total. 

TRF4 could outgross Frozen internationally.

• Like 1

Is this the only movie you talk about here?  Every post you make is about how bad Blended is going to do, is doing and will do.  Why so much vested interest and anger towards it?

The same anger you have for TASM ll. Beh.

Similar to John Marston who has posted nothing but point out people have been over predicting DOFP.
  • Like 2

I don't think Maleficent is gonna all that well. Snow White numbers at best. West will also underperform, IMO.

Im sort of leaning that way as well. The audience that it's catering too seems like families + females under-25, half of which are going to check out Fault in Our Stars the following week. If Fault In Our Stars really catches on, that could could stop Maleficent from really growing. 

As long as DOFP stays above 90.000000m I'm okay since I called 95m in BSG Preseason so as long as I'm no more than 4.9999999m over I get 20k bonus.

I only said 75

I know I've been talking about Blended far too much having not seen any Sandler movie in it's entirety except Punch, Drunk, Love in about 10 years and not having any intention of seeing Blended at all :D

Im sort of leaning that way as well. The audience that it's catering too seems like families + females under-25, half of which are going to check out Fault in Our Stars the following week. If Fault In Our Stars really catches on, that could could stop Maleficent from really growing.

OS on the other hand...