#ED

Sun#s pg 230...Wknd Est: DOFP: 91M, Godzilla - 31.4M, Blended - 14.2M , NB - 13.9M [NO SPOILERS]

Hoping DOFP does huge numbers; after all, after Marvel kicked Wright off his movie, I clearly want Fox and Sony to decimate Marvel Studios into oblivion

:ph34r:

I hope CA:TWS finishes with a higher domestic gross than DOFP. CA:TWS, I'm with you until the end of the line.

• Like 1

• Founder / Operator

As always, there's the last minute spin on this and I'll bet by Tuesday, the numbers will be lower than expected.. You watch..

You're funny, sir.

Reporting this early usually means those numbers will probably be lower once estimates come in.

Not necessarily. Plenty of movies have been underestimated when reported early on in the day. I'll agree that accuracy this early on  in the day is hit or miss, but it deviates both ways.

• Like 1

You're funny, sir.Not necessarily. Plenty of movies have been underestimated when reported early on in the day. I'll agree that accuracy this early on in the day is hit or miss, but it deviates both ways.

This year so far early numbers have been on point. Just got out of a packed screening, this movie is an audience pleaser.

It's true Shawn.. You'll be putting together an article on what could've possibly went wrong with X-MEN's performance and why it came in lower than many of you expected, plus, like GODZILLA or not folks, it will take a sizeable chunk out of X-MEN's audience..

No, it won't. It's doing right around expectations. I'm sure you know this...right? Because what you're doing is obvious trolling.And you're rather bad at it.
  • Like 3

Audiences humor developed, Sandler didn't, that's his problem.

Still, sad for Drew Barrymore. She's always great and charming and would have earned a bigger carreer overall. 

"Never been kissed" is totally my guilty pleasure.

• Founder / Operator

It's true Shawn.. You'll be putting together an article on what could've possibly went wrong with X-MEN's performance and why it came in lower than many of you expected, plus, like GODZILLA or not folks, it will take a sizeable chunk out of X-MEN's audience..

Posted Image

• Like 6

So Shawn, you REALLY think GODZILLA is finished making $$$$ and won't take a chunk out of the box office this weekend??? What are YOU smoking dude??? :blink:

He didn't say that. Both movies are making big numbers this weekend. Just because the movie you are salivating for will continue to make numbers doesn't mean the others can't. Goodness.

Edited by kayumanggi
  • Like 2

So Shawn, you REALLY think GODZILLA is finished making $$$$ and won't take a chunk out of the box office this weekend??? What are YOU smoking dude??? :blink:

Who said anything about Godzilla being done with its run?Oh, right...nobody.
  • Like 2

Most of his movies look boring and unfunny to me, yet they always seem to make money. If you don't think this and his last few flops are doing nothing to diminish his star power, you're crazy.

Most of his movies don't target the internet crowd, so that would be why they don't look funny to you. It doesn't diminish his star power. The next time he makes a movie that looks funny it'll be locked for 100m and no other actor in this business except maybe RBJ can say the same. Just because he doesn't appeal to you doesn't mean he isn't appealing in general.

What's the difference between 8pm or 10pm? Either way, it was only the very keen fanboys who went on Thursday night. Other people don't even know because the advertised release date is May 23 or theywon't go until the weekend arrives.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/box-office-x-men-days-706776

It can make a large difference, because the theaters can get in an extra showing. The theater I went to had, I think, four showings: 10pm, 11pm, midnight, and 1am, which would take up three screens (the 10pm and 1am shows were on the same screen.)

If you allow them to get showings started at 8pm, you allow two extra showings with the same setup (8pm leads to the 11pm show, and 9pm, leads to the midnight show.) 7pm would add another showing on top of that.

(And then you double the number of screens required if you're doing both 2D and 3D.)