#ED

Sun#s pg 230...Wknd Est: DOFP: 91M, Godzilla - 31.4M, Blended - 14.2M , NB - 13.9M [NO SPOILERS]

With these numbers are we looking at 93M or higher?

If we assume 38 for Friday, that is an actual Friday of 30 minus midnights . A slight increase on Saturday and a small Sunday decrease (due to the Holiday) would give around 94-98 depending on the Saturday increase. Edited by grim22
  • Like 1

X-Men films are usually pretty front-loaded, but if it got upwards of 42 million, could see as high as 105 3 Day.  38 probably leads closer to the same area as Godzilla or Cap for the 3 day.

Edited by Adam

If we assume 38 for Friday, that is an actual Friday of 30 minus midnights . A slight increase on Saturday and a small Sunday decrease (due to the Holiday) would give around 94-98 depending on the Saturday increase.

Very nice indeed. I assume 42M for Friday, so that would be 100M+?

42 for Friday would lock 100M. Sunday will be really kind with drops, maybe 10-15% drops at worst.

Thought it would be 18-20%. When is the last time a movie fell 10% on this Sunday?

I'm honored that you devoted the title of the thread to me.. Good for X-MEN, but will ultimately drop like a rock, just like the last 2 WOLVERINE movies did along with ORIGIN..

Yea, drop when?  Next weekend?  Weren't you the one who said Godzilla would take away X-men's mojo this weekend?

Guess what else is dropping like a rock?  Yes, that awful monster movie.

• Like 2

X-Men is more front loaded.

Yeah, I remember back in 2006 when Last Stand made 45+ on Friday ... people were almost certain it could break 114.8 ... and it only did 102.7.  Like Potter, MONSTER front-loading both for OW and entire run.

Edited by Adam

At this point Baumer, GODZILLA is a major success with a sequel already greenlight, so anything it makes this weekend is gravy..

True, but it still doesn't excuse the bad drops. It might even point to a potential sign that the sequel won't do as good.

Edited by k1stpierre
  • Like 1

At this point Baumer, GODZILLA is a major success with a sequel already greenlight, so anything it makes this weekend is gravy..

If it makes $0, as fast as it was confirmed it would be pulled.

• Like 1