Neo

The Sony Pictures Thread | Happy 100th anniversary to Columbia Pictures!

Enlighten me, why the hate for Rothman?

There won’t be any giant robots in any movie my studio makes.

http://www.thehollywoodnews.com/2012/09/15/giant-robots-rejoice-tom-rothman-will-be-stepping-down-as-fox-ceo-co-chairman/

That Rothman quote explains why Galactus was a cloud and the Sentinels didn't appear in an X-Men film until 2014. His inexplicable hatred of robots extended to the humanoid Galactus, whom Rothman likened to The Transformers, which starred in a rival 2007 film. A lot of geek hatred of him stems from his micro-mismanagement of the X-Men, FF, and of course Daredevil. Who the hell cares about that other crap when superheroes have been wronged? :P

That would be the most stupid thing they could do. Poor every movie he would get his hands on

Enlighten me, why the hate for Rothman?

After he had his job for a while and got some creative high ranking people kicked out.... (and behaved already in a way lots of complains about his style started to emerge in a time being in his kind of position where you usually do not hear a lot about at all) or frustrated enough they left ~ voluntarily, he started to get in a rather bad manners way more and more 'involved' in the filmmaking of e.g.

Kingdom of Heaven (compare the still shortened for the scenes Scott wanted directors cut to the theatrical release, for me different movies), seemingly also

Fantastic Four (that one I did not researched, but read often enough about in articles about other themes),

Wolverine Origins (where he showed exceptional bad behavior too IMHO),

X-Men 3,

and so on....

He thinks people only want to see fights and special effects, forces the cut of character building scenes as they are not money making in his opinion, changes sets... without even informing the director, insisted on story changes he deems money-making via yonger males and so on....

You might remember why X-Men 3 had 3 directors and which movies got a lot of rather disappointed fan and critics reaction.

But he made money for a time, till the bad taste in mouth for the last movies started to hurt the BO of the next movie of whatever franchise or the reputation of director XY and so on.

IMHO he is far worse than e.g. Avi Arad, also someone who has not a lot of respect for material and some pretty bad ideas about GA's interest/need for quality. And in my country Arad would have ended probably in jail as we have some laws that forbid, what he did during the sales of the characters rights at Marvel. And Marvel would already have back the rights for at least all Sony 'owned' characters for those laws.

• Like 1

Deadline Hollywood @Deadline

Sony Plans Guy-Themed ‘Ghostbusters’ Film With Russo Brothers, Channing Tatum & ‘IM3′ Scribe Drew Pearce http://deadline.com/2015/03/ghostbusters-channing-tatum-joe-and-anthony-russo-drew-pearce-ivan-reitman-dan-aykroyd-1201388917/ 

They've registered URL's and have called it Attack on THE Titan.

That's the worst part. Why add "THE" ? Attack on Titan is just fine. Sony is the worst possible studio for Attack on Titan. Warner Brothers or a Legendary Pictures/Universal combo would have been better.

• Like 1

Dark Tower will end up being a disaster if it ever happens

And I'm not just saying that cuz they're using an Akiva Goldsman script. Although it's definitely a contributing factor