Olive

Interstellar OS Thread - $470.7M - $648.8M WW

Sorry guys but first Latin American numbers are weak   :(  I hope numbers get better during the weekend!!! It could be because a 3 hours movie if you have to work early the next day is not the perfect plan...

Well, we already talked about it, it was predictable :/

'Interstellar' has already earned $9.7 million overseas. Top markets are South Korea ($1.8M) and Russia ($1.3M): http://bit.ly/13S4MFX 

South Korea doesn't disappoint.I'm more surprised to see Russia in second given it's not a particularly impressive number for this market, that means the European and Latin America kind of failed.

Germany $687K

Russia  $1.3M

Australia $628K

Italy $375K

Mexico  $347K

Brazil $236K

France $1.24M (2 days)

http://deadline.com/2014/11/interstellar-international-box-office-results-1201277313/

Good job Carol/Olive :D

Brazil is so weak, and Mexico is barely better! :o

Edited by Fullbuster

That's a surprisingly impressive start so far for Russia. I'm getting more confident about my good feeling for China.

It's OK but less than expected in Russia.  It's on pace for a $6.5m o/w - below Gravity and EoT and well behind most tent pole films that opened there this year. Even, I Frankenstein opened to $6.2m

It's OK but less than expected in Russia.  It's on pace for a $6.5m o/w - below Gravity and EoT and well behind most tent pole films that opened there this year. Even, I Frankenstein opened to $6.2m

Yeah it's a bit disappointing, blame the exchange rates, they're so terrible;

From my walking-out and talking-it-over experience with my son and a few of his friends (main Interstellar demo - young male students), I would say WOM is definitely mixed. At least the movie is complex enough that some want to watch it again just because they think they missed something :) and I'll give it a second try in english (but acting was not my main problem with it anyway)

• Like 1