iceroll

The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1 OS Thread | 415m OS, 751m WW

It was, but the room for growth is much smaller in Europe, Latin America is bigger than Europe for some movies now and it's the fastest-growing BO market ahead of Asia.

That is true, but if europe 'for some reason drops like hell' what is never going to happen) drops than would LA not been able to fill that gab. 

Tought it realy sucks that the Brazil currentcy is that low atm, it would make a lot more.

That is true, but if europe 'for some reason drops like hell' what is never going to happen) drops than would LA not been able to fill that gab. 

Tought it realy sucks that the Brazil currentcy is that low atm, it would make a lot more.

It will be fine in Europe, it's already higher in the UK.

What I say is its performance against Catching Fire will depend on Latin America, that's where the potential of growth is.

It's already much bigger than CF in many Latin American countries.

• Like 1

It will be fine in Europe, it's already higher in the UK.

What I say is its performance against Catching Fire will depend on Latin America, that's where the potential of growth is.

It's already much bigger than CF in many Latin American countries.

I think if China would break out it would make a bigger difference than the hole LA. But you are probably right, atm I can see LA do the increase work.

I think if China would break out it would make a bigger difference than the hole LA. But you are probably right, atm I can see LA do the increase work.

Don't underestimate Latin America, The Avengers grossed $192m there, and Avengers 2 should easily pass that B)

• Like 1

Don't underestimate Latin America, The Avengers grossed $192m there, and Avengers 2 should easily pass that B)

True, but is Avengers makes 250M in China it will most likly on par or a bit lower then hole LA :)

But yeah 192M IS FUCKING HUGE  :wub:  :wub:

• Like 1

It's sad to never see europe being realy huge.

Like with avatar to see UK 150M + French 150M+ Italy with more than 50M spain with more than 50M, those times were awesome :)

The continent is in pretty bad shape from an economic point of view so that's not easy, but don't worry we'll see huge numbers again one day or another, maybe Avengers 2 or Avatar 2?

• Like 1

True, but is Avengers makes 250M in China it will most likly on par or a bit lower then hole LA :)

But yeah 192M IS FUCKING HUGE  :wub:  :wub:

And LA still has a lot of room for groxth, these countries are still far from their full potential, Brazil has the potential to become twice bigger than Japan at a minimum for example, that means 4 times bigger than now.

The continent is in pretty bad shape from an economic point of view so that's not easy, but don't worry we'll see huge numbers again one day or another, maybe Avengers 2 or Avatar 2?

Yep with avatar 2 we ll see huge number. But I had hoped on the hobbit (Before the first one came out it tought: LOTR made 90M in germany it was super wel liked so this will make 140M with price inflasion and 3D IMAX but no it was realy disapointing. The movie wasn't near as good as LOTR tought :( )

The U.K. launch generated $3.6 million including previews, up 12% from “Catching Fire.” The U.K. generated the top international gross for “Catching Fire” at $55 million.

Germany launched with $2.9 million on its first day, up 11% from “Catching Fire” for the best opening of 2014. France generated $3 million in its first two days, up more than 10% from “Catching Fire” and Belgium was up 5%.

Latin America saw gains of 40% to 55% and Russia posted a record for the biggest 2D opening day of the year with $2.7 million, up 28% from “Catching Fire.”

Australia’s opening day was $2.4 million, the best of the year while Korea was up 41% from the “Catching Fire” opening.

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/box-office-hunger-games-mockingjay-down-24-from-catching-fire-but-still-no-1-opening-of-the-year-1201362273/

• Like 4

It's sad to never see europe being realy huge.

Like with avatar to see UK 150M + French 150M+ Italy with more than 50M spain with more than 50M, those times were awesome :)

Avatar did $110m in Spain ;) And adjusting for inflation, LOTR movies would make around $60m each
  • Like 1

The U.K. launch generated $3.6 million including previews, up 12% from “Catching Fire.” The U.K. generated the top international gross for “Catching Fire” at $55 million.

Germany launched with $2.9 million on its first day, up 11% from “Catching Fire” for the best opening of 2014. France generated $3 million in its first two days, up more than 10% from “Catching Fire” and Belgium was up 5%.

Latin America saw gains of 40% to 55% and Russia posted a record for the biggest 2D opening day of the year with $2.7 million, up 28% from “Catching Fire.”

Australia’s opening day was $2.4 million, the best of the year while Korea was up 41% from the “Catching Fire” opening.

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/box-office-hunger-games-mockingjay-down-24-from-catching-fire-but-still-no-1-opening-of-the-year-1201362273/

There is something wrong with the Russian number...

Avengers made more than $200M in LA

No

Movies gross in Latin America as a single market (COMPLETE LIST, UPDATED )

I thought it would be interesting to know how big Latin America would be if it was a single market.So I added every Latin American countries' gross.

Brazil being the biggest LA market I think it's fitting,and I will show what is the share of Brazil in all this :D

Latin American population : 603 million (2013)

Brazilian population : 201 million (2013)

Brazil's share : 33.3%

The Avengers

Latin America : 192.6m

Brazil : 63.9m

Brazil's share : 33.1%

Despicable Me 2

Latin America : 190.6m

Brazil : 35.5m

Brazil's share : 18.6%

Ice Age 4

Latin America : 179.4m

Brazil : 44.5m

Brazil's share : 25%

Titanic (+ Titanic 3D)

Latin America : 166.5m

Brazil : 75.6m

Brazil's share : 45.4%

Latin America : 161.4m

Brazil : 58.2m

Brazil's share : 36%

Iron Man 3

Latin America : 152m

Brazil : 47.9m

Brazil's share : 31.5%

Maleficent

Latin America : 137.8m

Brazil : 33.2m

Brazil's share : 24.1%

Toy Story 3

Latin America : 134.1m

Brazil : 24.9m

Ice Age 3

Latin America : 130.5m

Brazil : 45.4m

Brazil's share : 34.8%

Twilight Breaking Dawn Part 2

Latin America : 120.3m

Brazil : 54.2m

Brazil's share : 45%

Monsters University

Latin America : 112m

Brazil : 16.5m

Brazil's share : 14.7%

Transformers 4

Latin America : 110.6m

Brazil : 27.5m

Brazil's share : 24.9%

Rio 2

Latin America : 109.3m

Brazil : 28.5m

Brazil's share : 26%

Shrek Forever After

Latin America : 108.9m

Brazil : 40m

Brazil's share : 36.7%

Harry Potter DH2

Latin America : 108.3m

Brazil : 35.7m

Brazil's share : 33%

Madagascar 3

Latin America : 106.3m

Brazil : 28.6m

Brazil's share : 26.9%

Fast & Furious 6

Latin America : 101.3m

Brazil : 23m

Brazil's share : 22.7%

No

Movies gross in Latin America as a single market (COMPLETE LIST, UPDATED )

I thought it would be interesting to know how big Latin America would be if it was a single market.So I added every Latin American countries' gross.

Brazil being the biggest LA market I think it's fitting,and I will show what is the share of Brazil in all this :D

Latin American population : 603 million (2013)

Brazilian population : 201 million (2013)

Brazil's share : 33.3%

The Avengers

Latin America : 192.6m

Brazil : 63.9m

Brazil's share : 33.1%

Despicable Me 2

Latin America : 190.6m

Brazil : 35.5m

Ice Age 4

Latin America : 179.4m

Brazil : 44.5m

Brazil's share : 25%

Titanic (+ Titanic 3D)

Latin America : 166.5m

Brazil : 75.6m

Brazil's share : 45.4%

Latin America : 161.4m

Brazil : 58.2m

Brazil's share : 36%

Iron Man 3

Latin America : 152m

Brazil : 47.9m

Brazil's share : 31.5%

Maleficent

Latin America : 137.8m

Brazil : 33.2m

Brazil's share : 24.1%

Toy Story 3

Latin America : 134.1m

Brazil : 24.9m

Ice Age 3

Latin America : 130.5m

Brazil : 45.4m

Brazil's share : 34.8%

Twilight Breaking Dawn Part 2

Latin America : 120.3m

Brazil : 54.2m

Brazil's share : 45%

Monsters University

Latin America : 112m

Brazil : 16.5m

Brazil's share : 14.7%

Transformers 4

Latin America : 110.6m

Brazil : 27.5m

Brazil's share : 24.9%

Rio 2

Latin America : 109.3m

Brazil : 28.5m

Brazil's share : 26%

Shrek Forever After

Latin America : 108.9m

Brazil : 40m

Brazil's share : 36.7%

Harry Potter DH2

Latin America : 108.3m

Brazil : 35.7m

Brazil's share : 33%

Madagascar 3

Latin America : 106.3m

Brazil : 28.6m

Brazil's share : 26.9%

Fast & Furious 6

Latin America : 101.3m

Brazil : 23m

Brazil's share : 22.7%

WRONG!

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/box-office-ice-age-latin-america-international-360471

It made $207M.

Edited by Quigley

Studios numbers are always inflated, not exactly a proof.

BOM specifically states that the individual country totals don't add up to the actual overseas gross. When will you understand that the dollar grosses that BOM uses are inaccurate? This is an issue that has been discussed many times.

BOM specifically states that the individual country totals don't add up to the actual overseas gross. When will you understand that the dollar grosses that BOM uses are inaccurate? This is an issue that has been discussed many times.

These are the only numbers we have by country, it's the only way to have a ranking.