Punishment

Weekend Actuals 5/23-5/25 DOFP 90.8, Zilla 30.9, Blen 14.3 [NO SPOILERS]

Actually, I sometimes feel that 2 weeks is too much. I know there is a RTM forum, but not many people actually discuss movies in there on OW. For example, I really wanted to discuss the ending of Lego, but spoiler tags are not exactly conducive to discussions, and by the time 2 weeks were up, people had moved on from wanting to discuss Lego to whatever the next thing was.

Maybe a spoilers allowed OW discussion thread or something can be opened in the main forum?

The Lego Movie opened 3 full weeks after America over here. We have a international community. We hope you guys understand that. I had to run from the main thread of that movie for a few days.

Edited by CJohn
  • Like 4

Actually, I sometimes feel that 2 weeks is too much. I know there is a RTM forum, but not many people actually discuss movies in there on OW. For example, I really wanted to discuss the ending of Lego, but spoiler tags are not exactly conducive to discussions, and by the time 2 weeks were up, people had moved on from wanting to discuss Lego to whatever the next thing was.

Maybe a spoilers allowed OW discussion thread or something can be opened in the main forum?

How about put the RTM thread for a new release in the box office forum for two weeks?  

• Like 2

I assume the two week period is for threads specific to that film.  Spoilers shouldn't be posted in the general threads or threads for other films.

Yes, we are assuming that suddenly on the X-Men thread spoilers about Godzilla or any other movie won't show up. On the Weekend Threads we also ask you to be careful and respectful. We have an international community. Not everyone here lives in America.

Edited by CJohn
  • Like 2

The Lego Movie opened 3 full weeks after America over here. We have a international community. We hope you guys understand that.

And that is what I meant, the movie was ripe for discussion IMO. The ending raised so many interesting questions about free will in the Lego universe, whether the characters were ever actually sentient etc. But none of this could even be discussed in the thread for the movie.

The RTM thread for Lego is 4 pages long, that's it. 4 pages. No one ever seems to go into the RTM forum for discussions. All I am saying is that there should be some place where people who have seen a movie should be able to discuss the movie on OW i.e. when the movie is most fresh and ripe for discussion. The 2 weeks basically kills any interest for discussions at least for me since I normally don't rewatch a movie in the theaters unless it is so good.

• Like 2

Blended isn't out here yet.  I don't want any spoilers.  I've avoided all news.  Sandler/Barrymore together again.  Should be awesome.

Got an A- cinemascore after all.

• Like 2

And that is what I meant, the movie was ripe for discussion IMO. The ending raised so many interesting questions about free will in the Lego universe, whether the characters were ever actually sentient etc. But none of this could even be discussed in the thread for the movie.

The RTM thread for Lego is 4 pages long, that's it. 4 pages. No one ever seems to go into the RTM forum for discussions. All I am saying is that there should be some place where people who have seen a movie should be able to discuss the movie on OW i.e. when the movie is most fresh and ripe for discussion. The 2 weeks basically kills any interest for discussions at least for me since I normally don't rewatch a movie in the theaters unless it is so good.

The most we can do is leave the link in the main thread in the main forum. Otherwise people have to use the spoiler tags.

Edited by CJohn

Blended isn't out here yet.  I don't want any spoilers.  I've avoided all news.  Sandler/Barrymore together again.  Should be awesome.

That thing opens here on July 3!

22 Jump Street opens here on July 10! While I have no intentions of seeing Blended, I truly hope I don't get spoilers in my face in the Weekend thread for 22JS.

That's not a bad idea, since the RTM forum is rather undervisited compared to the main forum.

Perhaps a better idea would be to just make an X-Men spoiler thread and a Maleficent spoiler thread, etc, and then just merge them into the main threads for the movie after 2-3 weeks.

How about put the RTM thread for a new release in the box office forum for two weeks?  

that's actually a pretty good idea too

• Like 1

what's wrong with having the discussion inside the spoiler tag..it may not seem natural but i have seen spoiler tagged discussions go back and forth for some time.

• Like 3

Btw, I am not sure if people care, but I saw A Million Ways to Die in the West today. If you want a review there is one in the main thread and another (with spoilers without spoiler tags around them) in the RTM forum.

• Like 2

That thing opens here on July 3!

22 Jump Street opens here on July 10! While I have no intentions of seeing Blended, I truly hope I don't get spoilers in my face in the Weekend thread for 22JS.

Channing Tatum dies in the first 10 minutes.

(oh no, wait, that's a different Channing Tatum movie)

• Like 4

Channing Tatum dies in the first 10 minutes.

(oh no, wait, that's a different Channing Tatum movie)

The face of the girl that went with me to see that movie was too damn funny when that happened :lol: 

• Like 2

Yes, we are assuming that suddenly on the X-Men thread spoilers about Godzilla or any other movie won't show up. On the Weekend Threads we also ask you to be careful and respectful. We have an international community. Not everyone here lives in America.

Maybe Shawn should specify that the two week period applies only to threads specific to that film.  Just to make it clear to those who might want to push the boundaries.

Top theatres engagement  wkend 23-26/5all DOFP1-AMC Empire 25, New York City NY (+30% over UnionSqu)2-Regal Union Square 14, New York City NY3-Pac Arclight Hollywood, Los Angeles CA4-Pac Grove Stadium 14, Los Angeles CA5-Regal Kaufman Astoria 14, Astoria NY   6-AMC Garden State 16, Parmus NJ7-Ker Showplace Icon, Chicago IL8-AMC Burbank 30, Burbank CA9-AMC Century City 15, Century City CA10-Pac Arclight Sherman Oaks CA11-Regal Court St Stadium 12, Brooklyn NY12-Pac Arclight Pasadena, Pasadena CA----13-AMC Lincoln Square 13, New York City NY14-CPLX Scotiabank Toronto, Toronto ON15-Regal Sheepshead 14, Brooklyn NY16-AMC Boston Common 19, Boston MA17-Regal Atlantic Station 18, Atlanta GA  18-AMC Orange 30, Orange CA19-Regal Irvine Spectrum 21, Irvine CA20-CM Egyptian 24, Hanover MD21-AMC 34th St 14, New York City NY22-AMC Mission Valley 20, San Diego CA23-Regal New Roc City Stadium 18, New Rochelle NY24-Regal Long Beach Stadium 26, Long Beach CA25-CM San Francisco Centre 9, San Francisco CATop Canada1-CPLX Scotiabank Toronto, Toronto ON,2-CPLX Cinema Banque Scotia Montreal QC,3-CPLX Scotiabank Chinook 16, Calgary AB 

• Like 2