Emirazza

The Ridiculous " Empire's The 301 Greatest Movies of All Time" List

Dat 285-287 triple whammy. Oof.

Although, I suppose I've got to give them credit for putting Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, The Raid and In Bruges in at least.

Also, how the fuck did Desolation of Smaug score higher than Monty Python and the Holy Grail?

ESB #1?Avengers #16?How on earth did Sorcerer's Stone get on the list but not Prisoner of Azkaban? Insane.Man of Steel...TWO HOBBITS...LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Yeah, POA is the best Harry Potter movie and should have made the list. I don't understand how SS can make it, but it can't. 

If you ask general audiences though films like TF and such would be in the top 100 material... 

I disagree. Most of my friends like but don't love TF1 and dislike the other two. They watch all those films because it's the summer season and its still fun to watch explosions, but they would never put them in their top 100 lists. Obviously, I'm speaking from anecdotal examples, but I don't buy the idea that Transformers is considered top 100 material by most of the GA. 

Dat 285-287 triple whammy. Oof.

Although, I suppose I've got to give them credit for putting Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, The Raid and In Bruges in at least.

Also, how the fuck did Desolation of Smaug score higher than Monty Python and the Holy Grail?

I think I saw AUJ above DoS as well. 

Edited by Emirazza

The CBMs that made the list.3. The Dark Knight16. Avengers59. Oldboy72. Dark Knight Rises121. Superman138. Batman Begins153. Watchmen182. Sin City183. The Winter Soldier190. Kick-Ass239. Iron Man241. The Crow242. Iron Man 3274. Scott Pilgrim286. Man of Steel288. Batman 89

The CBMs that made the list.3. The Dark Knight16. Avengers59. Oldboy72. Dark Knight Rises121. Superman138. Batman Begins153. Watchmen182. Sin City183. The Winter Soldier190. Kick-Ass239. Iron Man241. The Crow242. Iron Man 3274. Scott Pilgrim286. Man of Steel288. Batman 89

People must be suffering from amnesia or something. Batman 89, arguably the best mainstream comic book movie, is last, and Batman Returns is not even on it.

The top 500 they did a few years back seemed better. Yeah, it had the phantom menace on it, but it didn't have as much recent stuff on it.

The GA only seem to watch mainstream films so this list is no surprise.

• Like 1