3. Mockingjay 2: $450 Million

4. Minions: $350 Million

5. Inside Out: $310 Million

6. Bond 24: $290 Million

7. Jurassic World: $270 Million

8. Fast 7: $250 Million

9. The Good Dinosaur: $230 Million

10. Ant-Man: $210 million

I think you may have under-estimated TA2 & over-estimated SW7. TA2 is coming off TA1 incredible run, CAP2 surprising move & Guardians' excellent affirmation of the Marvel brand. TA2 may reach Avatar-like $700M. SW7, OTOH, is the sixth sequel to the original movie whose fans are all grown up & groaned at the flaws of the prequels. However, this one should open more than $150M and gross at least $500M DOM.

Minions sounds like a great concept but w/o Gru, it remains a spin-off and like all spin-off, they are not likely to outgross the originals.

The rest sounds plausible to me.

• Like 2

I think you may have under-estimated TA2 & over-estimated SW7. TA2 is coming off TA1 incredible run, CAP2 surprising move & Guardians' excellent affirmation of the Marvel brand. TA2 may reach Avatar-like $700M. SW7, OTOH, is the sixth sequel to the original movie whose fans are all grown up & groaned at the flaws of the prequels. However, this one should open more than $150M and gross at least $500M DOM.

Minions sounds like a great concept but w/o Gru, it remains a spin-off and like all spin-off, they are not likely to outgross the originals.

The rest sounds plausible to me.

my problem with that is that as the marvel universe grows its audience gets more set in place. Look at Im3 it did great numbers but nowhere near avengers I just don't think there is any room for improvement for TA because its audience was already so huge. The other marvel movies can grow because of the avengers though if that makes sense

• Like 2

my problem with that is that as the marvel universe grows its audience gets more set in place. Look at Im3 it did great numbers but nowhere near avengers I just don't think there is any room for improvement for TA because its audience was already so huge. The other marvel movies can grow because of the avengers though if that makes sense

Really? Why didn't IM3 reach Avengers #'s seriously?

• Like 3

[*]Avengers 2: $605 million 

[*]Star Wars - Episode VII: $570 million 

[*]Mockingjay Part 2: $485 million 

[*]Minions: $325 million

[*]Fast and Furious 7: $320 million

[*]Jurassic World: $305 million

[*]Inside Out: $290 million

[*]Bond 24: $280 million 

[*]The Jungle Book: $245 million 

[*]Ant-Man: $230 million 

Runnerups

[*]The Good Dinosaur: $225 million

[*]50 Shades of Grey: $215 million 

[*]Tomorrowland: $205 million

[*]Ted 2: $200 million 

[*]Peanuts: $190 million 

The Avengers (575m)

Star Wars EpisodeVII (450m)

The Hunger Games Mockingjay Part II (440m)

Minions (330m)

Bond 24-(290m)

The Good Dinosaur (287m)

Fast and Furious 7(255m)

Jurassic World (238m)

Inside Out-(225m)

CInderella-(220m)

hey, first post :) hello everybody from barcelona (note: not perfect english :))

It's hard to predict without any trailer who can win 2015, Avengers or Star Wars, i dont think Disney itself cares too much. 

1. Star Wars Episode VII - 745

If Phantom Menace did 736 adjusted and although there's no the expectation to be the first comeback for the saga like in 99 i guess we all easy see Episode 7 been better than Episode 1. With X-Mas, good legs and Disney marketing machine this could go massive. 

2. Avengers: Age of Ultron - 685

Everything in this movie seems in pace to break all fucking records but how higher cant do this franchise go? Avengers never was Avatar, Titanic or Jurassic Park in a matter of pop culture, so its hard to imagine doing a big jump to the 750-800. And maybe the darkest tone will make it less for kids, dont know... 

3. Mocking Jay Part II - 450

4. Jurassic World - 390

I really hope this can capture half of the soul it has the first one and come on, everybody is always ready for a great ride with dinosaurs and Chris Pratt. With the insane saturation in comic book movies and direct sequels this is almost seen as an original movie. IMO its going to be HUGE overseas. 

5. Inside Out - 350

6. The Good Dinosaur - 330

7. Minions - 315

8. Fast 7 - 310

9. Bond 24 - 280

10. Ant-Man - 270

Open this after Ultron destroying box office in early summer may be the best idea Marvel has had ever. With ant-man in some sort of cameo in Avengers, post credit scene or just ala Guardians (its clear now that public knows the brand and the universe) this could do great. People is tired of sequels and reebots, this is an "original" movie and despite all production problems looks promising to me. 

• Like 3

hey, first post :) hello everybody from barcelona (note: not perfect english :)) It's hard to predict without any trailer who can win 2015, Avengers or Star Wars, i dont think Disney itself cares too much. 1. Star Wars Episode VII - 745If Phantom Menace did 736 adjusted and although there's no the expectation to be the first comeback for the saga like in 99 i guess we all easy see Episode 7 been better than Episode 1. With X-Mas, good legs and Disney marketing machine this could go massive. 2. Avengers: Age of Ultron - 685Everything in this movie seems in pace to break all fucking records but how higher cant do this franchise go? Avengers never was Avatar, Titanic or Jurassic Park in a matter of pop culture, so its hard to imagine doing a big jump to the 750-800. And maybe the darkest tone will make it less for kids, dont know... 3. Mocking Jay Part II - 4504. Jurassic World - 390I really hope this can capture half of the soul it has the first one and come on, everybody is always ready for a great ride with dinosaurs and Chris Pratt. With the insane saturation in comic book movies and direct sequels this is almost seen as an original movie. IMO its going to be HUGE overseas. 5. Inside Out - 3506. The Good Dinosaur - 3307. Minions - 3158. Fast 7 - 3109. Bond 24 - 28010. Ant-Man - 270Open this after Ultron destroying box office in early summer may be the best idea Marvel has had ever. With ant-man in some sort of cameo in Avengers, post credit scene or just ala Guardians (its clear now that public knows the brand and the universe) this could do great. People is tired of sequels and reebots, this is an "original" movie and despite all production problems looks promising to me.

8 films over 300M, that would be a come back from this year. Ant-Man at 270M??? I've got it at 150M

hey, first post :) hello everybody from barcelona (note: not perfect english :))

It's hard to predict without any trailer who can win 2015, Avengers or Star Wars, i dont think Disney itself cares too much. 

1. Star Wars Episode VII - 745

If Phantom Menace did 736 adjusted and although there's no the expectation to be the first comeback for the saga like in 99 i guess we all easy see Episode 7 been better than Episode 1. With X-Mas, good legs and Disney marketing machine this could go massive. 

2. Avengers: Age of Ultron - 685

Everything in this movie seems in pace to break all fucking records but how higher cant do this franchise go? Avengers never was Avatar, Titanic or Jurassic Park in a matter of pop culture, so its hard to imagine doing a big jump to the 750-800. And maybe the darkest tone will make it less for kids, dont know... 

3. Mocking Jay Part II - 450

4. Jurassic World - 390

I really hope this can capture half of the soul it has the first one and come on, everybody is always ready for a great ride with dinosaurs and Chris Pratt. With the insane saturation in comic book movies and direct sequels this is almost seen as an original movie. IMO its going to be HUGE overseas. 

5. Inside Out - 350

6. The Good Dinosaur - 330

7. Minions - 315

8. Fast 7 - 310

9. Bond 24 - 280

10. Ant-Man - 270

Open this after Ultron destroying box office in early summer may be the best idea Marvel has had ever. With ant-man in some sort of cameo in Avengers, post credit scene or just ala Guardians (its clear now that public knows the brand and the universe) this could do great. People is tired of sequels and reebots, this is an "original" movie and despite all production problems looks promising to me. 

Also, Star Wars Episode 7 gets premium priced tickets compared to Menace, that with good WoM, Disney marketing, and Christmas legs it has a good shot at #1 domestic of all time.

• Like 2

Also, Star Wars Episode 7 gets premium priced tickets compared to Menace, that with good WoM, Disney marketing, and Christmas legs it has a good shot at #1 domestic of all time.

Lol, some people are getting ahead of themselves 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

It definitely plausible, I am not predicting it, but if any movie within the next few years is beating Avatar Domestically it'll be SW7.

No way it beats avatar how is it plausible. Avatar was a phenomenon, phantanm menace was probably the most anticipated movie ever this can't match that level of hype it just can't.. It will probably break 400 maybe 5 but I can't really see 6 Edited by The Sun's Son
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 films over 300M, that would be a come back from this year. Ant-Man at 270M??? I've got it at 150M

8 films over 300M seems a liitle crazy top 10 but all this "2015 its going to be the biggest year ever at boxoffice" buzz is based on:

- we have three films for sure on the $400+m range

- we have chapters on Star Wars, Avengers, Hunger Games, James Bond, Jurassic Park, Despicable me, Paul Walker's Fast7 and two Pixar originals. 

If 2015 is going to be a year with 3/4 films on doing more than 300 and the rest in the 200 i dont know why 2015 is suppose to be so special. 

• Like 1

8 films over 300 million would bring 2015 to 2002/2003 attendance levels especially if you have over 10 movies above $250 million. I'd love to see it happen but 6 is my prediction right now. 

• Like 1

I suck at predictions but it seems to me that a lot of you are overpredicting everything just because the brands that are coming back are very well known I dont know ...

Avengers 2 is pretty much locked for $550 million+

Star Wars Episode VII and Mockingjay 2 are pretty much locked for $400 million+

Minions is the kids movie of 2015 - $300 million isn't too impossible if Universal markets it right

Fast 7 has a whole month to itself and will be insanely hyped up 

Jurassic World has the advantage of being far away from Avengers 2 and Tomorrowland plus Chris Pratt and Universal's marketing team

Inside Out looks to be a return to form for Pixar

Bond 24 could get in the range of Skyfall if it's good 

5 of those could very easily fly past $300 million+ (Avengers 2, Star Wars VII, Mockingjay 2, Fast 7, Minions). Jurassic World and Bond 24 could also skid past the mark ($290-310 million is the range for both of those IMO) 

Edited by mahnamahna

It definitely plausible, I am not predicting it, but if any movie within the next few years is beating Avatar Domestically it'll be SW7.

I agree with this. I'm not saying it will happen but I think it's more likely to happen than Avengers increasing 130m. Star wars is a massive wild card.