Orestes

DISNEY+ Original: Marvel's Daredevil - Season 4 is coming!

http://marvel.com/news/tv/23448/your_official_first_look_at_charlie_cox_in_marvels_daredvil_on_netflix

Along with the first image of Cox as Murdock, you can also check out a photo featuring Matt in his first costume, inspired by Frank Miller and John Romita, Jr.'s seminal DAREDEVIL: MAN WITHOUT FEAR series, widely considered to be one of the most important and influential Daredevil stories of all time.

5439aa6fceaf8.jpg

5439aaea946a5.jpg

Brett White @brettwhite
Daredevil looks as well shot as House of Cards. It's beautiful.

Panel ended with an absolutely brutal fight scene in the rain, gorgeously shot. Intense intense intense.

The most impressive scene in #Daredevil was really the one between Fisk and Vanessa. It was patient, expertly staged, composed.
Edited by Durden
  • Like 8

I only have one thing to say(And it will make me look VERY old):

This:

hr_marvels_daredevil_8.jpg

looks a hell of a lot like this:

the-trial-of-the-incredible-hulk-origina

This was NOT a DD that you want to emulate...and the costume is pretty much a dead ringer.

daredevilnetflix.jpg

For a MCU version that you'd think would automatically be more faithful(I mean, bringing Mr. Hyde and his daughter Quake into AOS was the kind of thing I was expecting from AOS from day one), this looks like a step back...into the 80s.

I think it will start out like that, but by the end of the season he will be wearing the classic suit.

I hope so. Or something close to it. I've been made aware that the look was actually inspired by Frank Miller and John Romita Jr's Man Without Fear limited series. But the thing is, that came out just 4 years after the Trial of the Incredible Hulk TV film with DD in it, and considering how long it takes Miller to produce his work, most likely he had been working on the story and designs for a few years before. Not much of a logical jump to say he was at least partly inspired by DD's look in that TV movie. Taking into account the fact that he had written the absolutely dreadful Robocop 3 in the same timeframe, I don't doubt it for a second. Miller's capacity for brilliance is only surpassed by his capacity for failure.

DD4.jpg

DAREDEVIL-NETFLIX-03_401x612.jpg

Edited by Accursed Arachnid!™
  • Like 1

Plus they wanna do this tv version of the shared universe Daredevil is as good as anyone to kick it off. More well known than the rest getting shows. All the characters in the tv shows usually deal with smaller scale situations and not the "world go boom" stuff the characters in the MCU have to put up with too.

• Like 1

Plus they wanna do this tv version of the shared universe Daredevil is as good as anyone to kick it off. More well known than the rest getting shows. All the characters in the tv shows usually deal with smaller scale situations and not the "world go boom" stuff the characters in the MCU have to put up with too.

I also think Daredevil as a character works better in a TV series than movies with the ability to take a slower pace and get more character development and have more drawn out storylines. In a movie there isn't enough time to properly balance his super hero stuff and him as a lawyer while also give true development to the other characters.

He isn't as fast paced and in your face as the other characters already in the MCU.

• Like 1