grim22

My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2 | March 25 2016 | Script by Nia Vardalos. John Corbett returning. Kirk Jones directing.

this has mistake written all over it. Didnt they already try to do this at one point with her in another greek movie or something that bombed horribly? I know it wasnt a direct sequel, but they sure played it up as being really freaking close.

• Like 1

this has mistake written all over it. Didnt they already try to do this at one point with her in another greek movie or something that bombed horribly? I know it wasnt a direct sequel, but they sure played it up as being really freaking close.

That was My Life in Ruins, lol.

• Like 1

The first made a lot of money because theres a lot of us "munga cakes" who married European women who got all the jokes. I laughedjust as much watching this as I did watching Fast Times, Porkys, American Pie and so on. It probably wont do as well as the original but I wouldnt count it out from being a modest hit.

• Like 1

The first made a lot of money because theres a lot of us "munga cakes" who married European women who got all the jokes. I laughedjust as much watching this as I did watching Fast Times, Porkys, American Pie and so on. It probably wont do as well as the original but I wouldnt count it out from being a modest hit.

When the first film came out I lived in a predominantly Puerto Rican area of Chicago (long before I moved to Colorado), and MBFGW was a huge hit with Hispanics. I remember lots of Hispanic people recommending it and telling me that Greeks and big Puerto Rican families were almost exactly the same in terms of their zest for life, their being boisterously happy and celebratory at all times, and their strong familial ties.

Edited by cochofles
  • Like 2

When the first film came out I lived in a predominantly Puerto Rican area of Chicago (long before I moved to Colorado), and MBFGW was a huge hit with Hispanics. I remember lots of Hispanic people recommending it and telling me that Greeks and big Puerto Rican families were almost exactly the same in terms of their zest for life, their being boisterously happy and celebratory at all times, and their strong familial ties.

Yep, I should have clarified.....anyone who has been married into a culture not of their own, was the target audience to the original.  And that's a lot of us.  So the jokes were funny because we could relate to them....if this follows the same formula it should have the same audience.

• Like 3