Dementeleus

Weds #s: 5/28: DOFP 5.7, Godzilla 2.2, Blended 1.2 (Rth) | DeHaan, DeBanned [NO SPOILERS]

Yeah. DOFP had a great number yesterday and now it's doing "normally".

On the bright side I'm pretty sure it's still looking at a $35+ weekend.

Tuesdays have become very strong in the past 2 years. It wasn't something inherent to the movie. You will notice this for many movies compared to 2010 for example. That's why the Tue-to-Wed drop is always so big.

Edited by Quigley

By the way, I still don't see this how movie can beat Last Stand's NA total. The drop this weekend will be at best -60% giving it about $35-37M. That is just $2M more than Last Stand's second weekend and it is trailing that film by $11-12M. It can get to $225M I believe, but not $234M (Last Stand's NA total).

• Like 1

Who was it yesterday that said DOFP is showing good legs cause of the Tuesday number? So I reckon base on Wed number, it came back down to normal X-legs now? :lol:

By the way, I still don't see this how movie can beat Last Stand's NA total. The drop this weekend will be at best -60% giving it about $35-37M. That is just $2M more than Last Stand's second weekend and it is trailing that film by $11-12M. It can get to $225M I believe, but not $234M (Last Stand's NA total).

It should hold better than TLS in subsequent weekends.
  • Like 1

5.7M is higher than Wednesday of TASM2, CAP2 and Godzilla, stop complaining and stop doing voodoo

yeah it's a fine number. wouldn't compare with ca2, asm2 though as those had 160%, 180% friday jumps.

Its still on track to beat Last Stand. All that lead came from the first two days it will overtake its dailies handily this weekend and start to gain on it

Edited by eXtacy