Olive

Official Weekend Estimates: Maleficent - 70M, X-Men - 32.6M, A Million Ways - 17.1M, Godzilla - 12.2M

There is no comparison. Camerons  best surpassess speilbergs best by far.

Speilberg is still the king because at  his best he has  turned out more 8-10 out of the 10  films than Cameron

and helped paved the way for other greats through producing films as well.

Pound for Pound.. Speilberg has no film that can  match the emotion  folks felt with Titanic and worldwide cultural

impact quite on the level of Titanic. Nor has he created the most incredible movie experience in history

that Cameron did with the music, new visuals 6 yrs ahead of anything else and surround 3D finally bring people

out of the theater for a true sense memory experience.

Pound for Pound Cameron is king at pushing the envelope and giving folks a one of kind experience.

Overall Speilberg is the overall King of movies because he has tackled different genres as well

and given us JAws, ET, Close Enct, Indy, Saving  Private. , Lincoln and so much more. If not for Steven

there would be no BOB Zemekis and No back to Future or Forrest Gump .. So gotta give Speilberg his due.

OZys opinion that Camerons new stuff doesnt match his old  tour deforces Im glad is frankly not a shared opinion by

any moviegoer.. But hes entitled to his  opinon. The fact that Camerons next film like Avatar I will surpass

and outclass anything recently that Speilberg, Nolan, Zemekis etc has done....is proof in point. :)

Maan, I think you perhaps maybe missed the point of my post. ;)

• Like 2

Rth later tonight is going to be like fuck Nikki and fuck Spatula.  I bury those cockaroaches

In this forum ya gotta give em the early numbers. when they get the early numbers, you get the power, then when you get the power, you get the likes.

• Like 6

The 48-50 number is coming from a Fox executive who doesn't know what the hell he's doing. That's my speculation.

Wow heat and Redbird,, lets hope 80 or even 70M  doesnt happen.. Xmen and Godzilla dont need more

dents to their domestic Tally. .Still amazed that no one seems to be supporting A million ways to die in the west.

WTF??

Does Back to Future  mean nothing

!!!! Blasphemy!! LOL

Edited by baumer

X-Men with a 45% drop from a holiday-inflated opening weekend? Seems like we are being set up for a letdown.

Not to mention, it's barely even evening on the East Coast. West Coast just finished lunch for Christs sake. 

• Like 3