CAYOM YEAR 9: Part 1 (FOURTH QUARTER) (DEADLINE- 11/16 10:59 PM EST)

Sweet Disposition 

Genre: Romance 

Director: Josh Boone 

Cast: Andrew Garfield (Dave Phillips), Kata Mara (Dana Hord), Vera Farmiga (Dr. Stevens), and Aaron Taylor Johnson (Ryan) 

Release Date: February 8th 

Theaters: 2,100

Budget: 20 million 

Rating: PG-13 

We see a Dave drinking coffee at a Starbucks Cafe. He is also reading a newspaper. A girl walks past him that catches his attention and he looks up and then looks down. A man then sits next to Dave and tells him that he has to forget about her. "I cant" says Dave with a tear down his eye. "We all make mistakes, Dave" says his friend. "I won't be able to forgive myself, Ryan. I screwed up" says Dave. "Come with me" say Ryan and both of them walk out of the coffee shop. "Where are we going?" asks Dave. Ryan says nothing. They go inside a building. "Yes, I would like to make an appointment for Dave Phillips" says Ryan to the registrar. "No...that won't be necessary!" says Dave. "Don't listen to him. He's been in denial for the past two years. He needs help" says Ryan to the register as she sets up an appointment. "The doctor can see him right now if you want?" says the register. "Great!" says Ryan. Dave gives him a look of disapproval. "You'll thank me later" says Ryan as Dave takes a seat in the waiting room. Ryan leaves the building. Dave picks up a brochure an reads it through. It's about depression. "Dave Philipps....the psychotherapist will see you now" says one of the assistants. 

Dave takes a seat in the psychotherapist office. "My name is Dr. Stevens" says a women. "I'm sorry. I don't think I should be here. I have no problems" says Dave as he tries walking toward the door. "Good. Then this will be quick" says Dr. Stevens. "I see your friend listed that you have depression symptoms" says Dr. Stevens, "I'll be the judge of that. Tell me about yourself" says the doctor. Dave starts off by telling about his career and how he's an accountant. Dave doesn't know what else to say. "Do you have a girlfriend?" asks Dr. Stevens. Dave doesn't have an answer. Dr. Stevens writes down on her note pad. "Is there someone special in your life?"

A child the age of six playing at the playground. We see him sitting alone in one of the swings. He often looks up at the screams of other children having fun. As he lowers his head he notices that the swing is moving by itself and he isn't doing any motion. He turns around and he see's a little girl. "You seemed kinda lonely" says the little girl with a smile. The little boy gives her a smile in return. In the next few scenes we see the little boy and girl playing on the swings until it's sunset. The little boy's mom smiles at the sight of her son. "Look at Dave, his first day in this town and he already made a little friend" says the mother to her husband. "Maybe, moving here wasn't a bad idea after all" says the husband and then he kisses the wife.

"Dave....so do you have someone special in your life??" repeats the doctor. Dave has spaced out. "Her name was Dana" says Dave to Dr. Stevens. "She was my best friend up to 9th grade" says Dave.

"I'm moving, Dana" says a much more younger Dave. From the looks of it he is probably a high schooler in the 9th grade. Dana looks a bit shocked. We see that she resembles the little girl on the playground. We see a tear running down Danna's cheek. "Please, don't cry Dana" says Dave with a pretty upset tone as well. "I don't want to go either, but I have no choice." "Promise me, you'll keep in touch" says Dana as she wipes the tears from her face. "Why wouldn't I?" says Dave with a smile. Dave then kisses Dana. Both of them smile and stay quiet for a couple of seconds. Dave then looks at the clock and realizes that he has to get home. "Promise me, you'll keep in touch!" says Dana to Dave as he runs to his house. "Pinky promise!" says Dave as he returns and gives her a slight kiss once again. Dana goes inside and closes the door and she feels both sad and happy at the same time.

The following montage happens. In the following scenes we see Dana very depressed about Dave's depart. At school we see her sitting with her friends, but she see's that there an empty spot. Dave's spot. At Dave's new school we see him sitting by himself during lunch, because he doesn't know anyone. He opens his backpack and see's a picture of him and Dana when they were children. Dave starts writing in the back of the picture. A couple of days later Dana receives the letter and she can't stop smiling. In the back of the card we see that Dave is in love with her. She decides to write back. She puts The letters go back and forth and back and forth. One evening though, Dana writes back, but she never gets an answer.

"I never got a letter back" says Dave with a slight smile. Dr. Stevens is writing in her notebook. "Good...good we're making progress here!" says Dr. Stevens as he looks up at Dave. "Did you ever her, Dana, again?"

We see Dave, much younger once again, sitting with his high school class. He is in his graduating cap and gown. They call his name. Dave then goes up and receives his diploma. We then see scenes of Dave taking pictures with his mom and dad. "We're so proud of you!" says his mom. "Despite the fact we moved, you managed to look ahead!" says his father. "I'm proud of you son" says his dad. We then see Dave in his truck with furniture. His parents wave goodbye. Dave is now seen in an accounting class. "Is this seat taken?" says a girl. Dave looks up and he can't believe what he is seeing. "Dana?" says Dave with a huge smile in his face. "Dave!!!" says Dana hugging him.

"Dana was the girl of my dreams" says Dave as he sits in the office and remembers the moment he bumped into her.

A montage once again happens where we see both Dana and Dave talking and catching up. Both of them seem very happy. "You're beautiful" says Dave. Dave then kisses Dana. We then see Dave and Dana studying in the library together. Dana gives Dave a letter with a heart on it saying, I Love U. Dave and Dana kiss once more. We don't hear Dave say it, but we do hear his lips moving and saying I love you to Dana. Dana says it back. Dana and Dave are seen eating together and cuddling everywhere in the montage. At a restaurant we see Dave getting down on one knee. "Dana Hord, will you marry me?" says Dave (we don't hear him say the words, but we can read his lips). Dana starts crying. Tears of joy of course. She says yes and kisses Dave. We then skip to the wedding where Dave waits for Dana as she walks down the aisle. Both of them say "I do" and kiss. We then skip to the honeymoon where both Dave and Dana have sex. We also see them sitting on the sand and we see the beach and the sunset.

"That's beautiful" says Dr. Stevens to Dave. She takes a look at Dave's hand and sees that he has no wedding ring on his hand. "What happened to the ring?" asks Dr. Stevens. "I'm not worthy of wearing it" says Dave. "What do you mean? Did the marriage not work out for you two?" asks Dr. Stevens.

Dave and Dana are both graduating from collage and decide to move to an apartment and live close to Dana's parents. One evening Dana tells Dave that she is expecting a baby. Dave can't believe what he is hearing. He picks up Dana carefully and kisses her. Both of them go to Dana's parents house and deliver the news of the upcoming baby. Dave keeps on touching Dana's stomach and he starts making plans and he talks about them with Dana's parents. Her parents are glad as well.

"My wife was expecting a child" says Dave. His tone starts getting more depressing. "I was the happiest human being ever" says Dave as he stands up from his chair and takes a look at the window. A tear comes down his face. "I'm sorry. Reliving the memories just makes things worse" says Dave. "Do you want to reschedule?" asks Dr. Stevens. "No...I want to get this over with. It all started with one phone call" says Dave.

We see that Dana is already about 4 months into the pregnancy. While Dave is hugging Dana he gets a phone call. We see him go to the corner of the living room. A tear goes down his face. "Okay, I'll be on the next flight" says Dave as he hangs up. Dave stay there for a few minutes. "Baby, what's wrong?" asks Dana as she goes to Dave and tries to confort him with her hugs. "That was my father. My mom just passed away" says Dave as he tries to hide his tears. Dana starts crying as well. We then see Dave and Dana at the funeral. Dave hugs his dad and both of them are crying. "She loved you, son. You were her pride and joy" says his father. We then see a scene in which they insert the box into the ground.

"Things got worse after my mother's death" says Dave. "I would fall into a state I never would have imagined myself in" says Dave. "I got fired from my job. And with the baby coming that caused many problems"

"When are you going to start looking?!" screams Dana. She is already 6 month into the pregnancy. We see Dave on the couch watching a basketball game. "I will soon baby. I just need to get over it" says Dave. "It's been two f**king months, Dave!" says Dana as she turns off the television. "Hey..I was watching that" says Dave all pissed off. "We're behind on so many bills Dave. With the baby coming I'm afraid things are going to get worse" say Dana as tears start running down from her eyes. "Well I've applied in every single position I can work in. It's not my fault our country is in recession!" says Dave screaming in her face. Dave gets the car keys and tells Dana, "What the f**k do you want me to do? I'm doing everything I can!!!" Dave slams the door leaving Dana breaking down on the ouch.

"I started drinking" says Dave as he continues telling his story to Dr. Stevens. "A drink now and then isn't too bad" says Dr. Stevens. "That's what I said" says Dave. His voice is very convincing, "at first..."

The lights are off in Dave's apartment and he opens the door. He turns on the living room lights and finds Dana waiting for him in the couch. "Where were you?" says Dana with a very relaxing voice. "I was with Ryan and the guys" says Dave. "Have you been drinking?" asks Dana as she goes over to Dave and smells his breath. "It was just a few drinks" says Dave. "I could give birth any day now" says Dana. "You don't think I would like to got off with my friends and have a few drinks too?!" says Dana. "I hope you'r comfortable with sleeping in the couch!" says Dana as she goes into the bedroom and locks the door.

Dr. Stevens notices that Dave is having more trouble telling his story. After a long pause we see Dave breaking down. "Her name was going to be Brandi" says Dave as he tries to wipe out his tears. "She was going to be a girl" says Dave as he calms himself down a bit. "She would have been two years old" says Dave. "What happened?" asks Dr. Stevens as he hands Dave a box of Kleenex.

Both Ryan and Dave are now seen in a bar. Both of them are heavily intoxicated. They keep on asking for more and more drinks. Both Dave and Ryan fall unconscious at the bar. The owner of the bar wakes up the guys and tells him that he is closing down. It's already 4am in the morning. Both Dave and Ryan had been in the bar since 6pm. Dave and Ryan call a cab, because they don't think they are under the conditions to drive. When Ryan arrives at the apartment he notices that Dana isn't anywhere. He checks his bedroom and the bathroom and then he checks his cell phone. To his surprise he see's that Dana had been calling him since 9pm. "Sh-t!" says Dave. He calls a cab and races to the hospital. At the hospital he see's Dana's parents. Dave could tell something was wrong, because Dana's mom had red eyes. "Thank goodness you're here!" says her mother. "Where the f**k were you!" says the father. "Have you been drinking?" says the father as he gets more angrier. "Just please. Tell me what happened?"

A montage of the following happens. Dave find out the news and we see him crying in the emergency room. He goes to Dana's room and see's Dana fighting for survival. "I'm sorry" says Dave as we read his lips. He kisses her forehead. He goes out of the hospital room and is talking to Dana's parents. He takes off his wedding ring and gives it to Dana's mother. Dana's father starts arguing with him and he starts screaming. Dave just walks away. He goes into his apartment and starts packing his stuff and calls for a cab.

"I won't ever forgive myself" says Dave. "I ran away thinking that it would solve my problems" says Dave. "Have you talked to Dana's family?" asks Dr. Stevens. "It's been two years..." says Dave. "What would I say? When was Dana's funeral?" says Dave with sarcasm. "It seems our time is out" says Dr. Stevens as she looks at the clock. "Aren't you going to give me advice?" asks Dave. "Well...you stated the problem yourself. You're running away from the past. There isn't much I can do. Just one more question...are you still in love with Dana?" asks Dr. Stevens. "I still am" says Dave. "Okay then...I guess that's a start. I'll set up an appointment next week and we'll see what goes on from there?"

Dave walks out of the office and he see's Ryan waiting out there for him. "I can't believe what you just put me through" says Dave to Ryan. "Sooo how'd it go?" asks Ryan. "It was okay...I have another appointment next week!" says Dave as both of them walk in the sidewalk. "Was that a smile??" says Ryan. "I'm just smiling, because you're paying for every single session" says Dave. When Dave goes into his apartment we see that he has a picture of both of Dana and him when they were small children. He picks it up and smiles.

The following week Dave walks into Dr. Stevens office and greets her with pleasure. Dave takes a seat and Dr. Stevens tells Dave that she has to run an errand really fast and that it won't take more than a minute. Dave nods his head. When Dr. Stevens walks in he hears a familiar voice in the distance. "Dave???" says the familiar voice. Dave turns around and see's the most beautiful women. Dave starts crying. Dana is standing right in front of Dave. It turns out Dana was one of Dr. Stevens patients and she too was still in love with Dave. Dana and Dave then reconnect after two years and it brings both tear of sadness and joy. Dr. Stevens comes in to find them kissing and decides to shut the door. She goes to the patient waiting area and smiles at Ryan. "You're a really good friend, you know that right?" says Dr. Stevens to Ryan. "A love like that never dies" says Ryan as he exits the building. Dana and Dave are done kissing and at the say time they say "I love you."

Edited by Dr Awesome

Skyjumper

Genre: Sports/Drama

Date: January 25th

Theaters: 2,966

Director: Gavin O'Connor

Cast: Adam Driver (Jonathan Kemp), Gaspard Ulliel (Jean-Jacques Bonheur), Anna Paquin (Mary), Thomas Haden Church (George Connors)

Budget: $35 million

Rating: PG for intense situations, use of alcohol, and some language

Runtime: 105min (1hr, 45min)

Jean-Jacques Bonheur and Jonathan Kemp are two of the world's most famous experts in extreme sports, from surfing to rock climbing. Bonheur is a young man from France from a fairly priviliged family who refused to enter the family's business entrepreneurship, while Kemp started as a kid living in poverty with his family in Boston who took up skateboarding and other extreme sports to find an outlet for personal freedom and fulfillment. Given their fame and similar ages, the media is eager to place them together as rivals, often challenging them together in various sports. The two but they know that each one is formidable competition in each sport, but they still try to see and learn more about each other. The movie opens with them going against one another in a snowboarding contest. Both of them are fairly nervous, but the race is still very competitive, and Bonheur barely wins.

The two have never gotten to know each other well, so Kemp decides to buy Bonheur a few drinks to congratulate him for his win at the slopes. They go to a small bar outside of the town, one that Kemp had visited once before the race. Bonheur enjoys the experience, but he comments that he never got to experience something like this, as his family said that these kinds of places tended to attract scum. The two proceed to learn about each other through their ideals, including that Kemp wonders why Bonheur, who would put his life at risk on several occasions, still wouldn't go to a place as casual as a bar because of a fear of 'scum.' Bonheur also reveals his wish, to break the world record for skydiving height. The two eventually go home, with Kemp feeling rather drunk and Bonheur driving, resulting in a vicious car accident either way.

We learn in the aftermath that Bonheur was killed in the car accident, and Kemp, while still injured, is going to make a recovery. Feeling traumatized, but obligated to his new friend, Kemp decides that on his behalf, he will fulfill the wish of his rival, to break the 24-mile skydiving record set in 2012. Kemp begins to practice skydiving with her, feeling more scared than ever before, thanks to his lack of experience in sky-high extreme sports, and the obligation to his friend prevents him from breaking free, especially with the media constantly on his tail now that his plans have gotten out. Mary, however, tells Kemp that he knew Bonheur once, and he had similar fears as well. It's not the end of all things if he cannot do it, but Mary knows that he can. The two also bond by sharing a kiss during a practice skydive.

Eventually, the day comes where Kemp is ready to rocket himself into space and jump from a height of nearly 26 miles, only 5 miles below the upper limit of the stratosphere. The night before, Kemp has a nightmare that he is skydiving with both Bonheur and Mary, and both are missing parachutes. He tries to save them, but the wind resistance makes it incredibly difficult, and he wakes up just before the impact. That morning, Kemp puts a video online, announcing his big feat today. He pretends to show complete confidence, but one the record button is off, his fear is pushed into full gear.

At the launching site, he meets George Connors, a man who will guide him through the liftoff and jump. He is a fairly humorous man, but he is able to take the situation seriously. Mary is also there, giving Kemp some last minute advice, but warning him that this is nothing like she had seen before, telling him to be careful. "We'll be waiting at the surface of the pale blue dot." Kemp smiles, saying that he can certainly hope. Jonathan gets into the surface of the pod that will bring him up to 26 miles, and he takes a deep breath as he goes in, decked out in a space suit as he takes one last look at Mary.

Several miles into space, Kemp has an incredible view of the world. Connors tells him that now is the time to jump, and we see him doing so, after taking a deep breath in his suit and reciting, "One for the money, two for the show, three to get ready, and four to go." He begins diving down to earth, reaching speeds of nearly 750mph, as people watch with excitement and fear all over the world. As Kemp is falling, he remembers his experiences with Bonheur and smiles, having nearly fulfilled his wish. Kemp eventually lands in a sandy part of New Mexico, taking off his suit and cheering, very out of breath, as people come to greet him with great love.

Dystopia, USA

Genre: Spoof/Sci-Fi/Comedy

Director: David Zucker

Date: January 18th

Theaters: 3,021

Cast: Andy Samberg (Girl Montag), Charlie Sheen (Sir Kenny), Anna Farris (Bagel Jenny), Tom Hiddleston (voice of Spazz), Keanu Reeves (Joe), Max Von Sydow (The Taker), Ariel Winter (Lizzie)

Rating: PG-13 for some comic action, language, and some sexual humor

Runtime: 86min (1hr, 26min)

Budget: $25 million

Films parodied include 451, Barricade, Thomas the Tank Engine, BioShock, The Giver, Spark/Mysteries of the Beyond, Donuts are Zombies Too Along With the Dominant Walruses, and The Simulation. 

In this parody of films in the dystopian genre, we follow a man, Girl Montag, who is forced to live in a world where books are burned, and everyone is forced to watch Michael Bay's Thomas The Tank Engine and Keeping Up With The Kardashians. In addition, several people are living out their lives in a Sims-like world, trapped inside giant domes in separate parts of the United States, although their controllers (other humans) have do deal with loony conspiracy theorists and the fact that the people inside domes will die if they keep screaming at house fires and swim in pools without ladders. In other words, The Simulation actually plays like The Sims.

Throughout all of the country, though, there is a maniacal rule from Sir Kenny, an arrogant and fairly hammy ruler, believing that nothing could ever stop him. He prevents the burning of some books, though, particularly adult erotica, so he can read it all for himself and enjoy his own sexual desires. Unfortunately for him, a revolution is brewing under his feet, and it is being led by a fire fighter, Joe, (as they appear in normal society), a sexy alien lizard with a British accents, Spazz, a bagel salesman, Bagel Jenny, who speaks German for no discernible reason. Also appearing in the resistance is Lizzie, a little sister from Bioshock, and The Taker, a colorblind man with vague philosophical advice.

The revolution is highly comical, with general silliness and over the top situations. Lizzie and Bagel Jenny also share a scene together, graciously acknowledging that they passed the Bechdel test. After a few very over the top battles, most of which has ridiculously high body counts, they finally are able to take down the evil government. However, nearly half of the population is dead, and the people are having a hard time adjusting to their new lives of freedom. It's just general confusion all around, so the revolutionaries team up to create a new, happy, dictatorship, where people are required by law to do whatever they want. At the end of it all, Girl Montag is unsure of the world that he made, but he decides to just go with it.

Edited by Spaghetti

Our Future

Genre: Sci-Fi/Action

Cast: Will Smith, Mark Walhberg, and Vin Diesel 

Director: Michael Bay 

Budget: 135 Million

Release Date: March 29

Theaters: 3,685

Rating: PG-13

Plot: It is the Year 2045, and the world is under control by aliens. It all started in the year 2021 when Earth was first visited by aliens. The humans welcomed the aliens; the aliens were smart and soon learned to speak the human language. They were treated as equals and they soon even got the right to vote. The alien raced multiplied and soon they went from 150 to 150,000, in a matter of 3 years. The aliens arrived in Washington D.C, and soon migrated to New York City and Philladelphia. 

Aliens and humans lived in peace and harmony that was until an alien known by Argon won the presidential elections. His speeches were great and convinced the human population to vote for him. He promised change, and change happened. Argon won the elections but things went wrong. Aliens were supposed to follow the Constitution, but instead they modified it to their likings. Now the constitution stated that Aliens have superior rights over humans. The humans were mad but they wanted to maintain peace. Aliens also started to give out bar codes to humans.

One night a human known by the name of Jack Richardson (Will Smith), wanted to do something about all of the aliens, after all they never belonged in Earth. Jack meets with two of his good buddies, Ben (Mark Walhberg) and Jonathan (Vin Diesel). They all discuss a plan to kill Argon and those aliens that stand behind him in hopes of them going back to their home planet. Since, Jack is good with bombs they come up with a plan to explode the White House and The Capitol. That night they all head down to the national mall. They set up all the bombs for them to explode around 4am. They almost get caught but they end up not getting caught after all. Once the job is over they go back to their homes and decide to sleep. 

The next morning everyone is awaken by a huge noise. Everyone goes to the White House and find it in ruins. The Chief Alien wasn’t in the White House that night. The aliens were amazed by the bomb. They soon started to know about weapons. They caught Jonathan and the aliens were going to kill him with the new weapons they got. Jack felt horrible. It was his entire fault, but Jonathan was very patriotic and he wanted to die knowing he did something to stop all of this. Jack and Ben are now going to be setting up a nuclear bomb in part of Washington. Someone was going to have to sacrifice his life so it can work. Ben was willing to do it. Ben goes and he isn’t heard of for about 2 days. Jack thinks that the alien authorities must have caught him. But one day he hears a huge explosion. He goes outside and see’s that most of Washington D.C is gone, Jack is lucky since he lives in Maryland. A lot of people are dead including aliens, but Argon was dead. His mission was accomplished. The remaining aliens left on the space shuttle from so many years ago, because they were frightened, or at least that is what the humans thought happened.

Soon afterwards Jack was elected president of the United States and rebuild Washington D.C. once again. It is now the year 2055 and all is how it is suppose to be, in front of the white house lies a statue of Ben and Jonathan, heroes. 

We hear an alarm clock. The alarm clock says 8:00am June 19, 2020. We see Jack sweating a lot and he wakes up screaming. It was all a dream or at least that is what we think. He turns on the television and puts it on CNN news, “This just in, we have been visited by aliens, we are now going live to Washington DC”

Edited by Dr Awesome

The Thin, The Fat, and The Felon

Director: Edgar Wright

Writers: Edgar Wright and Simon Pegg

Genre: Western Comedy

Date: December 21

Studio: Blankments Productions and Badass Films

Ratio: 1.85:1 for scenes in the present; 2.40:1 for the Wild West

Cast: Nick Frost as Martin, Simon Pegg as Tom, David Tennant as Flint Westwood, Nathan Fillion as the Sheriff, Benedict Cumberbatch as Snake Eyes, Maggie Smith as Martin’s mother, Martin Freeman as the Bartender, Bill Nighy as the Guard, Paddy Considine and Eddie Marsan as Snake Eyes’ gunmen and Rafe Spall as the Director. Unknowns as kid versions of Tom and Martin.

Music by: Ennio Morricone.

Runtime: 104 min

Tagline: From the director of Miserable Fans

Plot Summary: Two schlubby British friends are magically transported into an old western and have to work their way through the movie in order to get home.

Plot:

The film opens with Martin moving to Dorchester. His unseen mother tells him he’ll make plenty of friends. Martin doesn’t believe her. We move ahead to his first day at school. He’s missing one of his front teeth, thanks to the Tooth Fairy coming the previous night. Unfortunately, the missing tooth causes Martin to have a slight lisp, which cruel children make fun of him at recess, along with his weight issue. Martin begins to cry, when suddenly, a kid with an eye patch runs in with a water pistol, and begins spraying the mean kids with the water. After all the kids run away, the kid introduces himself to Martin as Tom. Martin asks what’s wrong with his eye, and Tom shrugs, saying he has lazy eye. Martin asks Tom what he was doing, and Tom answers that it’s his job as a Desperado, to protect the innocents of the town. Martin smiles, and asks him if he can be a Desperado too. Tom smiles, saying sure.

In a montage, we move ahead 30 years, seeing Tom and Martin grow up as best friends. They go to the same college but Martin gets expelled for pranking the dean into getting better food in the University. We see Tom get a job at a corporation, while Martin ends up becoming the manager of a video game rental store. Nevertheless, Tom and Martin remain close friends. Smash cut to the title, THE THIN, THE FAT, AND THE FELON. We then cut to a clip from The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly. Tuco struggles to read the word, but the Man with No Name just says “Idiots. It’s for you.” We then zoom out to see our heroes, Tom and Martin, watching the movie together. They’re clearly buddies, but Tom is fidgeting in his chair. We jump ahead to the movie’s end, when Martin’s mom comes in the room, and asks Martin to turn off the lights when they’re done. Martin says yes, and Tom asks if Martin would like to go for a drink. Martin says sure.

They get a few pints at the local pub, and Martin begins talking about how he wants to do a Clint Eastwood day-long marathon again. Tom breaks Martin’s eager talk and tries to explain why they went for drinks, when the bartender interrupts, saying he always preferred John Wayne westerns to Clint Eastwood westerns. Martin and the Bartender get in a long, but humorous fight over the merits of both all while Tom is trying to butt in with his news. Unfortunately, the fight gets ugly at one point, and the Bartender knocks out one of Martin’s teeth. Tom carries Martin out of the bar, and heads to his own place to get some first aid.

As he’s cleaning up Martin, Tom tells Martin he has something important to tell him: he’s going to propose to his girlfriend Mary. Martin tells Tom that’s great; if she says “yes,” she can come to the Eastwood marathon he’s planning. Tom tries to explain; Mary hates Westerns. Martin looks at him with a big “WHAT?” Tom explains that she thinks they’re immature, and Martin replies that they aren’t, and he and Tom have always been “The Two Desperados.” Tom tells Martin that it may be true for Martin, but Tom’s grown up. It’s time for Martin to too. Martin storms out angry, and Tom realizes he went too far. Tom yells after him to apologize, but it’s too late; Martin is gone.

Martin runs back to his house, not noticing his mouth is still bleeding. He stops at his mother’s house, and sits on the front porch. He begins to mutter to himself, calling Tom a traitor to their friendship. Suddenly, it begins raining, and Martin grumbles more, looking to the star. He sees a shooting star in the sky. Martin sighs and wishes that he and Martin could be the Two Desperados one more time. Suddenly, the shooting star begins heading toward him, and Martin screams as it hits him. Quick cut to Tom talking to himself, asking if he should call Martin. Tom decides to just let Martin sleep on it. We see Tom lying down in bed...

Smash cut to Tom lying down in the desert asleep with Martin next to him. (This is where the aspect ratio occurs.) Martin begins snoring, and Tom wakes up, opening his eyes – or rather eye, as he has an eye patch on. Tom sees they’re in the desert, and, seeing Martin, attempts to wake him up. The attempt works, but Martin screams when he wakes up, not recognizing Tom with his new tan and eye patch. We see that Martin is still missing his tooth, as Tom tries to explain that he is, in fact, Tom. Martin asks Tom to prove it, and asks them who they were as children. Tom sighs, and says “The Two Desperados.” Martin smiles, saying it is Tom. Tom rolls his eyes at this, and says something’s clearly wrong. However, before they can talk more, they hear someone shout at them. They turn and see a gang of three gunmen, aiming their guns at Tom and Martin.

Tom and Martin immediately raise their hands up, showing they mean no harm. Two gunmen keep their guns trained on Tom and Martin as the leader introduces himself as Snake Eyes, a bounty hunter. Tom gulps, as Martin gushes, saying that’s so cool; Snake Eyes was always his favorite G.I. Joe character. As Tom glares at Martin with his uncovered eye, Snake Eyes laughs, a bit confused, and explains he’s a bounty hunter. He unrolls a WANTED poster, featuring a drawn picture of Tom and Martin labeled “The Two Desperados.” Snake Eyes explains that the two are wanted dead or alive, and they can come with him alive if they don’t put up a fight. Tom gives himself up quickly, but Martin looks at him like he’s crazy.

Suddenly, gunshots ring out, and the two gunmen fall down to the ground, dead. Snake Eyes looks around snarling at Tom and Martin, asking them how they did that. With no response, Snake Eyes raises his gun to shoot the two, but then a gunshot is heard and he jumps back in pain, as his hand was shot. The camera pans over to an outlaw on a nearby hill, who shoots Snake Eyes in the leg. The outlaw snarls, saying Snake Eyes should leave now if he wants to live. Snake Eyes tries to shoot the outlaw, but the outlaw shoots his hat off. In defeat, Snake Eyes goes on his horse and rides back to town in pain. The outlaw rides down the hill on his horse, and says, “The Two Desperados, huh? I’ve been looking for you.”

Tom asks the outlaw what his name is, and the outlaw answers his name is Flint Westwood. Martin squeals in delight, but Tom is just weirded out. Tom says that they’ll just be on their way, but Flint blocks his way out. Flint says that they obviously owe him. After all, he just saved their lives. Tom points out that Flint really didn’t save their life, since Snake Eyes was just going to take them captive. Flint snorts at this, pointing out that the famed Two Desperados have such a long list of crimes, they’d be hanged the second they were sent into town. Flint then smiles, saying that he has a proposition for them. Tom tries not to listen, but Martin eagerly asks what the proposition is, clearly fanboying over Flint. Flint smiles, and explains to them that he’s been looking for two people to help him pull off a huge robbery. He wants to rob the local town of Sienna Laramie from all the gold in the town’s two banks.

Tom says that that sounds wonderful, but he has absolutely no interest in it. Martin tells Tom to wait, and Flint says he’ll let them talk about it alone. Flint walks off as Tom asks Martin if he knows what’s happening. Martin shrugs, and Tom tells him to think if he did anything to get them stuck in the West. Martin shrugs, saying the last thing he remembers is leaving Tom’s house in disgust at him refusing to do a movie marathon with him. Tom points out that they’re essentially in a movie marathon right now, since he has no idea how they’ll get out of the West. Martin has a bright idea: maybe, he points out, this is a movie, and if they reach the end credits of the movie alive, then they should be able to get back home. Tom points out that that makes no actual sense, but Martin counters by asking if he has any better ideas. Tom doesn’t, so Martin calls Flint over, and says they’ll help him rob the banks.

Meanwhile, we see the town of Sienna Laramie. Snake Eyes rides into town with his head down. Townspeople laugh to themselves as he passes, and Snake Eyes just snarls in their faces as he heads up to meet the Sheriff. The Sheriff asks Snake Eyes how the mission went, and Snake Eyes glares while putting his bloody stump of a leg on the table. The Sheriff winces and says that it looks pretty gnarly and he’s sorry about his failure. Snake Eyes freaks out, and screams that it wasn’t failure, it was just a loss; and besides, the Two Desperados are frauds. They can’t possibly be good gunmen. The Sheriff points out a loss and a failure is the same thing and that he’ll believe the Desperados are frauds if he sees them. Snake Eyes pulls out a gun at the Sheriff. The Sheriff rolls his eyes, and says he knows Snake Eyes isn’t going to do anything with that, and then tells the bounty hunter that he’s sorry about the loss of leg and hand, and he’s gonna give him ten days break to recover. Snake Eyes looks at the Sheriff in disgust and spits in his face, and the Sheriff says that just for that, it’s eleven days off now. Snake Eyes hops on one leg out of the room, spitting all over it, and telling the Sheriff to f*ck off to Buffalo Bill’s Rodeo. When Snake Eyes is gone, the Sheriff calls in a receptionist to clean up the overabundance of saliva, and then sniffs, saying it smells like Snake Eyes is already long gone.

The following paragraph is a montage taking place over a week. After setting up camp, Flint tells the three of them that there are so many ways for them to die in the West. Tom sardonically comments that there are a million ways, and Flint does not take the joke well, shooting a blank in Tom’s eye. Tom screams, saying that hurt, but Flint tells him to stop being such a pussy. Martin laughs at this obnoxiously, while Tom attempts to glare at him despite having only one eye, which is still wincing from the force of the blank. Flint says he’s gonna have to do some review of basics of how to survive as an outlaw, starting with horseback riding. We see that Martin has issues getting onto the horse, but once he’s on the horse, he’s a good rider. Tom just holds on for dear life once he rides backwards. Flint facepalms. We see Martin shooting really well with a pistol and showboating, whereas Tom is just trying to shoot a single can, which he keeps on missing thanks to poor depth perception. The three then sneak into Sienna Laramie but are stopped by the Sheriff. Martin attempts an awful cockney accent to explain they are simply businessmen from Detroit... and the Sheriff believes them and welcomes them to the Saloon. Flint announces that they here to learn how to drink like a true outlaw. Cut to Martin, saying he can’t drink anymore, having two empty shot glasses in front of him. Pan over to Tom who is on his seventh and still going. Flint nods his head while the background of the shot transitions to their camp outside town. Flint tells them they’re ready to rob the first bank. Tom asks how exactly are they going to rob the bank, and Flint smiles.

Cut to Flint smiling wider, saying that’s how they’re going to rob the bank. Tom says it sounds interesting, but he’s not really comfortable with it. Flint rolls his eyes but then Martin interrupts that it sounds just amazing. TWO HOURS LATER. The heist occurs rapidly in a long single take. Flint enters the bank, and the one guard on duty asks him to stop since the bank is closed. Flint shoots the guard, killing him instantly, but appearing more like he was stunned unconscious to the average moviegoer. Tom and Martin rush in the large door to the bank on two horses leading three other horses tethered to them. They run into the vault and load all the gold onto two of the horses. This is actually easier than expected since this is the smaller bank of the two, and thus Tom and Martin only need to take two trips to grab all the gold. Flint jumps on a horse, while Tom and Martin return to theirs and they ride off into the sunrise as the camera turns to the dead body of the guard. Cut to a few hours later with the Sheriff inspecting the dead body in disgust. He turns around to the front of the bank, seeing many townspeople staring at him. Uncomfortable, the Sheriff announces the guard is dead and swears he will find out who killed the guard… somehow. He then sniffs around, and begins following the scent.

Back at the camp, Flint pulls out a champagne bottle to celebrate. He pours a glass for Tom and Martin each, and thanks them for the help. It was a very successful robbery, and tomorrow morning, they’ll finish it off and rob the second bank. Tom asks Flint if he can ask him a question and Flint answers that he already did. Tom, confused, asks what he means, and Flint says that’s the second question already. Martin interjects to explain that Tom asked “Can I ask you a question?” which is slightly paradoxical in nature. Tom, frustrated, just asks if Flint killed the guard. There’s awkward silence for a second but then Flint shrugs, saying of course, he did. Tom is outraged by this, saying they can’t just kill willy-nilly. Martin asks Tom if he can talk to him for a second; Tom answers that he already is; Martin replies with one word: ALONE.

In the woods surrounding their camp, Martin tells Tom he needs to be cool; his sissiness is embarrassing him. Tom laughs at this, and asks Martin if he really thinks if it’s okay to kill a guard. Martin shrugs, saying it’s a Western movie; they aren’t actually killing anyone. Tom says that they don’t know if it’s a Western movie or if they’re actually back in time. Martin says he’s trying not to think about it much, and Tom tells him he needs to. They need to get back home ASAP. Martin bites his lip and starts to say something when they hear gunshots. They run back to the camp as we cut to Flint looking at his now shattered champagne bottle. The camera follows the trajectory of where the bottle was shot back to the Sheriff. The Sheriff announces to Flint, Tom and Martin (the latter two who have returned) that they will have to return the gold now, or he’ll shoot and kill them all now, and just take the gold himself.

Tom says they’ll do whatever he asks, and Martin concurs, nodding his head. Flint rolls his eyes at them, and turns to shoot the Sheriff six times. The Sheriff slumps to the ground, all life gone from his body. Tom’s eye widens, and Martin upchucks in shock. Flint asks Martin to clean that up, and he needs to learn to hold his alcohol better. Tom asks Flint why he did that, and Flint says that if he gave the Sheriff the gold, they would’ve all been hung anyway since they’re wanted men. Besides, Flint’s halfway done with his dream; he’s not quitting while he’s ahead. Tom is completely utterly disgusted, and Martin begins to grab a broom to clean up his upchuck. Tom tells Flint he quits, and runs over to grab the Sheriff’s body. Flint asks what he’s doing, and Tom says this poor man has lost his life, and his family deserves to know. Tom tells Martin to come along with him, and Martin doesn’t answer. Tom turns to Martin and again asks for him to come along. Martin answers that he’s never felt more at home than with Flint the past week, and he has nothing waiting for him back in Dorchester. Tom’s one eye blinks in shock, and then screams “F**k you, Tom!” while turning his back to carry the Sheriff’s body over his shoulder. Flint reaches to reload his pistol, but Martin tells Flint Tom’s harmless. Flint looks into Martin’s teary eyes and can tell he is speaking the truth, and Flint tells Martin to screw Tom; let him do whatever he wants. It’s time for s’mores anyway, and they need to eat up before the second robbery tomorrow. Martin smiles at Flint, but looks off into the distance, seeing Tom disappear over the horizon.

Cut to Tom heading down a hill, partially dragging the Sheriff’s body. Tom remarks that the Sheriff’s a lot heavier than he looks. The Sheriff thanks Tom for his opinion as he suddenly knocks out Tom’s legs with the spurs on his boots. Tom falls to the ground and the Sheriff rolls to his side, quickly drawing a pistol to Tom’s head. The Sheriff tells Tom to get up, and Tom complies while asking how did the Sheriff survive. The Sheriff chuckles, saying he’s not an idiot. He knew that the famous Flint Westwood would never give up his gold, but he counted on one of the Two “Desper-FRAUD-os” finding compassion on the poor, dead Sheriff. Tom says that any decent man would have compassion on a wrongly gunned-down man. The Sheriff laughs, saying there’s are two things that Tom said that are totally inaccurate. The West has no decent men, just bad and worse men, and the Sheriff has sinned more than enough in life to not be considered a “wrongly gunned-down man.” How do you think he got this job? Tom’s eye widens, and the Sheriff makes fun of his eye patch for a second while forcing him up. The Sheriff has someone for him to meet.

We jump ahead an hour of the Sheriff forcing Tom forward to a dark location. Tom asks why they’re here, and the Sheriff answers he’s about to cut a vacation short. He yells for Snake Eyes, claiming they have unfinished business. Snake Eyes comes out of a cave, walking in on a blade coming out of his right hand. He uses it as a cane. The Sheriff says that Snake Eyes was right; the Two Desperados were frauds. Balancing carefully on his left leg, Snake Eyes raises the blade to Tom’s throat. He calmly explains that he only wants revenge against Flint about his missing appendages, and Tom is going to help them at the next bank. If he refuses... Snake Eyes stabs the ground and pulls a just-killed prairie dog carcass up to Tom’s eye.

The next morning. Martin and Flint now lead in on two horses being followed by ten. Martin asks Flint where he keeps on getting all these horses. Flint avoids the question by saying it’s magic, and Martin squeals delighted that it’s movie magic. Flint is confused, but decides not to ask. Martin asks if Flint if it’s okay he (Martin) doesn’t carry a gun. Flint says he doesn’t care, but asks why. Martin explains he used to LARP, and thus he feels more comfortable with the sword he found lying around camp. Flint just looks at him oddly, and says a sword is fine to defend one’s self with.

They arrive at the bank, and both exit their horses to enter the banks. It’s quiet... too quiet. Suddenly, Flint is shot in the leg... by Snake Eyes, who was waiting for him with Tom!  Martin quickly turns around to see the Sheriff enter the bank, shooting Flint in the hat twice. Flint falls to the ground unconscious. Martin, enraged, draws a sword up to duel Snake Eyes. Snake Eyes smiles, and puts his gun in its holster and runs to meet Martin. Left alone by Snake Eyes, Tom sees his opportunity to help out. The Sheriff continues kicking Flint in the gut for the hell of it when suddenly, Tom tackles the Sheriff to the ground. Snake Eyes attacks. He and Martin stand in one place, trading feints, thrusts and parries with lightning speed, almost impossible to follow. Martin has no trouble matching Snake Eyes. Tom throws the Sheriff to the wall against some gold, and the Sheriff responds by quickly recovering and kicking Tom in the chest. Snake Eyes swiftly kicks Martin’s leg out, sending him to the ground. He lunges for the final bow, but Martin rolls out of the way. The Sheriff runs up to punch Tom, but Tom jumps up onto a balcony, and then dives to headbutt the Sheriff. The Sheriff is knocked out, and Tom rubs his head, complaining that it hurts. Martin grabs his sword off the ground and continues his admittedly epic swordfight with Snake Eyes, however, he yells for Tom to help. Tom asks how, but then sees four chandeliers that’ll take him from his side of the bank to Martin’s. He grimaces, but, after grabbing the Sheriff’s gun out of his holster, promptly goes all Tarzan on the chandeliers, swinging from one to the next one.

Flint’s eyes flutter open. He takes off his hat, revealing a bag of gold there that cushioned the shot. Tom swings off the final chandelier, kicking Snake Eyes in the face. He is barely fazed by this, and quickly hoists himself off the ground with the blade. Flint looks over to his left, to see Snake Eyes, Tom, and Martin all fighting at once. He looks to his right and sees the Sheriff unconscious. He pulls the bullets lodged in the gold out of his hat, and loads them into his gun. He carefully aims, and shoots the Sheriff. The camera follows the bullet in slow motion, showing it go directly through his mouth, ensuring the Sheriff’s death.

Snake Eyes hears the gunshot, and swerves around to look at Tom, who has drawn his pistol. Mistaken, Snake Eyes aims his gun at Tom, saying he ruined their plan. Flint aims his gun at Snake Eyes, saying it’s time to finish the job. Finally, Tom aims his gun at Flint, saying he’s the one who’s caused all their trouble in the West. It’s a full-blown stand-off, albeit a very short one. As the stand-off is occurring, suddenly a SWOOSH is heard. Snake Eyes looks cross-eyed, and sees Martin’s sword lodged inbetween his eyes. As Snake Eyes falls to the ground dead, Martin gives a squeal of “OH MY GOD I DID SOMETHING BADASS AHHH!!!” and Flint smiles. Tom throws his gun down to the ground to make sure Flint doesn’t shoot him, but Flint is kind of lucid, and remarks that he didn’t know Tom had a gun. Tom facepalms but Martin runs to hug him, and Tom hugs him back. Flint says he doesn’t want to be left out, so Martin gets down one knee to hug him. Flint grimaces in pain but is actually happy. He then orders Martin to load up the horses with the gold. Tom helps out with the heist, not having anything else to do, while Flint gets up with a limp in his leg. He gets on his horse, while the gold is getting loaded up. They soon realize it’s impossible to carry all the gold, but Tom has an answer. They go to the back of the bank where the Sheriff’s police wagon is. They load the wagon with gold and hitch three of the horses up to the wagon. Martin and Tom get on their horses next to Flint, and smile at each other, happy to friends again. The three then ride off into the sunrise as the words THE END appear on screen.

Tom and Martin’s horses suddenly vaporize into thin air as the credits begin to roll. They look down and find themselves back in the clothes they were in when this first began, and without tans. Martin licks his re-established tooth, while Tom blinks his returned eye in delight. They look at the credits and see names go by that unrecognizable. Suddenly, they hear a voice. The voice claims that he is the director of the picture they were just in, and they have a very important choice to make. A door appears in front of them. The Director explains that if they go through the door, they’ll be back in modern times. If they don’t enter the door by the end of the credits, they can live in the West forever as the Two Desperados, with Flint as their partner in crime. The choice is individually theirs. Martin tells Tom he’s staying with Flint. The West is the only place he’s ever been actual success, and there’s nothing Tom can say to change his decision. Tom understands, but he tells Martin that he himself needs to go back. He’s missed Mary for so long and he can’t just leave her. Martin understands, and lets Tom go. However, Tom sticks around for a few seconds, and gives Martin the best bro hug ever. Tom then walks to the door, and looks back at Martin. They smile at each other as Tom enters the door.

Tom wakes up in his bed in a mirror shot to where he originally fell asleep. (The aspect ratio has returned to its original state.) Tom wonders to himself if it was a dream. He grabs his cell phone and calls Tom. A woman answers, and Tom says sorry, he must have the wrong number. He looks on his bedside and sees a DVD there titled “The Thin, the Fat, and the Felon: A True Story.” He puts the DVD in, and sees it was in the adventure he just had, as the film opens with the Two Desperados waking up in the Old West. He then turns around to his shelf of movies, seeing there is a series of ten westerns with Flint and Martin. He is kind of confused but the doorbell suddenly rings. Tom goes to answer the doorbell, and someone who looks like Martin (still played by Nick Frost) in a suit is there. The man says hello in an American accent, and says that his great-great-grandfather gave a specific request to come give the proprietor of this house a letter on this date and time. Tom comments that that’s very Back-to-the-Future-y, and the man shrugs, saying he thought so too, but it was a good way to give an excuse at work for a paid vacation to the U.K. Tom boggles at that, asking what kind of job gives a paid vacation overseas just to finish up an ancestor’s dirty work. The man doesn’t really have an answer and his phone suddenly rings. “Shit! It’s my boss,” he exclaims. Tom wishes him luck as the man leaves. Tom opens the letter, and reads that Martin had a great life as one of the West’s greatest outlaws. He eventually found a wife too, and started a family. Martin’s letter says that he has left Tom a bit of his illustrious estate (the monetary value of the gold they first stole) and thanks Tom for being the best friend he ever had, and the one true Desperado. Tom smiles at this as we zoom in the TV behind Tom. We then cut back to Martin and Flint riding off into the sunset, as THE END appears again.

Theaters: 3,793

MPAA Rating: R for violence, harsh language, and some drinking

Budget: $50 million

Edited by Blankments
  • Like 1

Slenderman: The Search

Director: Scott DerricksonComposer: Christopher YoungGenre: Supernatural HorrorDate: February 1

Studio: Redlight Films (Alpha Pictures’ secondary division)Format: Live-action, 2DBudget: $5 millionTheaters: 2,599MPAA Rating: R for horror violence, thematic material and terror throughoutRunning Time: 81 minutesTagline: Always Watches, No Eyes

Cast:Harrison Gilbertson as JayRhys Wakefield as TimHunter Goligoski as Alex Kralie

Plot:

In the ending from the first film, Jay drives over to Alex's house, and asks about the tapes from Marble Hornets for further video editing. Alex gives the tapes to Jay after making him promise to burn them and never mention the project to Alex again.

Jay decides to analyze the tapes, due to Alex’s hostile warning. As he goes through the found footage, he’s able to organize the events in a possible chronological timeline. Throughout the tapes, we see Alex’s ever-growing obsession with the creature Jay calls “the Slenderman.” Jay realizes he has to start digging deeper, by trying to find the original members of the Marble Hornets crew.

Most of the other crew’s numbers are out of order, and any recent records appear to be missing or have never existed. However, Jay does locate Tim, an actor from the film. However, Tim is also shown to be paranoid, and has to take pills for an unknown condition. But now, the same things that happened to the original crew happen to Jay and Tim. While the Slenderman’s multiple appearances disorient Jay and Tim, a masked man also begins to follow Jay around.

In the end, Jay meets up once again with Alex, who has now gave up his material life for a search for “the truth”. Soon enough, Alex threatens them at gunpoint, but soon enough is captured by the Slenderman, and the camera cuts to black.

Three months later, Jay wakes up in an abandoned factory, with a camera taped to his chest and no memory of the events from the film.

Edited by Alpha

Change of Heart

Director: Michael SucsyComposer: Rachel Portman, Michael BrookGenre: DramaDate: January 25Studio: Redlight FilmsFormat: Live-action, 2DBudget: $25 millionTheaters: 3,081MPAA Rating: PG-13 for some thematic elementsRunning Time: 112 minutesTagline: Based On The #1 New York Times Bestseller By Jodi Picoult

Cast:Jennifer Garner as June NealonHenry Cavill as Lucius DuFresneAaron Taylor-Johnson as Michael WrightMeryl Streep as Maggie Bloom

Plot:

A man is killed by a drunk driver, leaving his wife June and his daughter Elizabeth behind. At the scene of the accident, June meets a police officer named Kurt Nealon, who becomes a close friend and later marries June. Years later, June is pregnant and Kurt plans to create an addition to their home. A young man named Shay Bourne offers to help with the addition, which June says is "the beginning of the end."

Elizabeth and Kurt are found murdered, and Shay is identified as the only suspect. The case and his trial become a media sensation. The jury convicts Shay of two counts of capital murder. The jury deliberates on the death penalty. After much time, they all agree, with Michael Wright, a young man about Shay's age, being the last juror to agree on the death penalty after being coerced by other jury members.

Shay Bourne is transferred to the I-tier at the Concord state prison. Shay is in the cell next to Lucius DuFresne, an artist with HIV who killed his gay lover, Adam. During the night Shay tells Lucius that he wants to donate his heart to a little girl he saw on TV. She is revealed to be the daughter of June and the late Kurt, Claire, who has a terminal heart condition.

Michael the juror has become the junior priest at a parish in Concord, New Hampshire. He tries to change the stereotype of a priest.

June agrees to meet Shay in a restorative justice meeting. There she asks him, "Why did you do it?" Shay answers, "She was better off dead." June agrees to take Shay's heart out of spite. A lawyer, Maggie, starts the legal process to petition the commissioner of corrections to allow Shay to be hanged so his heart can be donated to Claire. Claire's doctor determines that Shay is a perfect heart transplant match.

Maggie brings Father Michael to her parents' house for dinner. During a religious discussion, Rabbi Bloom gives Father Michael a book about the Gnostic Gospel of Thomas, written by Ian Fletcher. Shay has quoted parts of the Gospel of Thomas. One of the prisoners in the I-tier attacks a guard with a broken broom handle while cleaning his cell. He is pronounced dead by the EMT's, as Shay huddles in the corner of his cell praying. The dead guard comes back to life while the EMT's are moving his body. Another prisoner using the confusion attempts to kill Shay.

Father Michael visits Ian Fletcher to discuss the Gnostic gospels. Maggie arranges a dinner meeting with Dr. Gallagher to discuss organ donation for Shay. The dinner turns into a date. June sneaks Dudley (a spaniel) into the hospital to make Claire feel better; and a nurse reveals the upcoming transplant, which June has not discussed yet with Claire.

Shay's trial begins, and Father Michael testifies to the prisoner's religious belief that he needs to donate his heart to Clarie to obtain redemption. Father Michael uses Shay's quotations from the Gnostic gospels as his religious foundation. Ian Fletcher testifies as an expert on the Gnostic Gospels. Father Michael admits to Shay that he was on the jury that convicted him. Father Michael locates Shay's sister, Grace, and tries to convince her to forgive Shay for setting the fire that disfigured her face. Grace started the fire in an attempt to kill their abusive father. Shay took the blame to protect his sister. While Shay testifies, all of his chains fall away from him for no apparent reason.

It is later revealed that Kurt was sexually abusing Elizabeth. At the time of the murders, Shay walked in on them. He killed Kurt, who had shot Elizabeth accidentally instead of Shay. Shay had picked up Elizabeth and put her panties in his pocket, where they were found by the police.

Three weeks after her surgery, Claire goes home, where Grace visits her. Claire sees that her dog Dudley has died in her room but, when she picks him up and holds him to her chest, his heart starts beating again.

Edited by Alpha

Forgot I still had this. Ah well, consider it a dump.

Ship of Lies

Director:  Nick Hurran
Genre: Mystery/Thriller
Date: January 4-6th
Cast: David Tennant (James Douglas), Jenna Louise Coleman (Hannah Olsen), Diana Rigg (Elizabeth Boyd), Rachael Stirling (Rachel Little), Arthur Darville (Andrew Phillips), Gray O'Brien (Simon Greene), rest unknowns or tba

Plot:

The film starts with a man, Mr Doyle, arriving at a hotel. He receives an envelope from the receptionist before heading up to his hotel room on the 7

th floor. When he arrives, he finds his door ajar. He asks a nearby cleaner if the cleaning crew has been in his room. The cleaner denies it and offers to take a look in Doyle’s room. The cleaner takes a brief look through the room but can’t find anyone. Doyle locks himself in his room and opens the envelope to find two cruise tickets. He also finds the window is open and goes to shut it. As he does, he becomes aware of a figure in the room with him. The figure shoots him three times. The cleaner hears the noise and breaks open the door to find Doyle dead, the window open and the room empty. On Doyle’s desk lies the envelope with one of the tickets missing.

We cut to Miami Port where a young man, James Douglas is trying to find the same cruise. After several unhelpful visits to the information desk, he meets a young woman, Hannah Olsen, who is on the same cruise as him. The two quickly become friends. James is a down-on-his-luck mystery writer who got given a ticket from a rich friend. Hannah is unemployed and received her ticket from her mother (who won it in a lottery but is too ill to go). The two arrive at the dock where the cruise is about to set off from and meet some of their fellow passengers, including Harold and Elaine King, a rich couple who are constantly bickering, Simon Greene, a rude businessman, Elizabeth Boyd, a geriatric woman in a wheelchair and her carer, Rachel Little, a ditzy woman who conceals a lot of hatred for her charge. Separate from the group is George Carpenter, a quiet man who constantly wears a large trenchcoat and hat concealing much of his face. The crew includes Captain Holland, an elderly sailor responsible for a major ocean disaster several years ago, Herbert Simmons, a grouchy man, Olivia and Andrew Phillips, a pair of gossipy siblings and Terry Bates, a new crewmate on his first voyage.

The passengers board the ship from the back entrance, as the front entrance is locked due to an issue with the swimming pool. Just before the cruise is about to set off, one last crewmember, Zack Lambert, the cook, arrives claiming to be late because of traffic problems. That night, at dinner, George Carpenter is absent. Shortly after, James and Hannah are talking when, suddenly, they hear a gunshot from the deck outside. They dash outside to find George Carpenter floating dead in the swimming pool, a bullet hole in his head. At the same time, Harold and Elaine arrive from the opposite side. When asked whether they saw someone running that way, they deny it. Since, the killer couldn’t have escaped by either of the side exits without being seen, he must’ve gone through the front entrance. However, the door has been locked all day and, when Olivia and Andrew arrive, they reveal that it has actually rusted shut, making it impossible to open. In other words, there was no way for the killer to have escaped. James inspects the body and finds there to be surprisingly little blood. In addition, the body is oddly cold.

They decide to go to the Captain to get him to return the ship to shore. However, they find the door to the control room locked. Olivia tries to open the door with the key, but it won’t work, meaning the cabin has been sealed from the inside. Simon turns up, complaining that his phone has stopped receiving reception. Andrew explains that the connection is maintained from inside the control room. Someone inside must’ve turned it off. To sum up, they can’t change course or signal/call for help. Olivia suggests placing a strip of tape over the control room door so they can tell if anyone exits it. They do so. James tells them to gather all the passengers/crew to see who’s missing and, therefore, must be inside the control room. The only people missing are Captain Hammond, Herbert Simmons and Terry Bates.

James also reveals to the gathered passengers/crew that he’s actually an undercover police officer, sent to try and apprehend a serial killer called ‘The Ghost’. The Ghost is infamous for committing murders that are seemingly impossible unless the killer could somehow walk through walls, like George Carpenter’s murderer. Yesterday, the Ghost murdered a man named Albert Doyle (the murder shown in the opening). However, he also stole a ticket for the cruise they’re currently on. James took the remaining ticket and decided to go undercover to catch the murderer. He tells the passengers that they have to stay calm and, most importantly, stick together as the killer will likely murder any stragglers. While they wait the night out,the tension rises to near unbearable levels and arguments start breaking out. Suddenly, Andrew and Rachel find an envelope that was hidden under a house plant, addressed to Elaine King. Inside are several photos of Harold having an affair with a younger woman. Elaine breaks down at this and tearfully runs out of the room, Olivia and Zack following her. Olivia returns shortly after, telling them that Elaine has locked herself in her cabin. Since there’s a chain on the inside, they decided to leave her there, with Zack watching the door just in case. Everyone else decides to get some sleep.

The next morning, James and Hannah are woken by Zack. Simon, Olivia, Andrew and Rachel are all missing from their beds. Zack explains that there’s a problem at Elaine’s room. He was standing guard when he saw a figure running by. He gave chase, but lost sight of him. However, when Zack returned to the room, he found the door ajar slightly (although the chain was still attached) and there was no sound when he called for Elaine. He already woke Olivia and Andrew and asked them to get a pair of chain cutters so they could take a look. He has no idea where Simon or Rachel are. James, Zack, Hannah and Harold (who they woke) make their way to Elaine’s room and arrive just as Olivia and Andrew have broken open the chain. They enter the room to find Elaine dead, a knife through her throat. Harold breaks down weeping at the sight of his wife’s body. James orders them to search every inch of the room for somewhere the killer could’ve hid or escaped, but there’s nothing. It was as if the killer had just walked through the walls…

The group decide to check on the control room door and find the tape cut, but the door still locked. Hannah suggests that the killer was one of the people inside the control room who came out, murdered Elaine and then went and locked themselves back in. However, James shoots down this idea. He reveals that, unbeknownst to anyone, he slipped a toothpick inbetween the door frame. Had anyone opened the door, it would’ve fallen out, yet it hasn’t and it’s impossibly unlikely that someone would’ve managed to put it back in the exact same place. Therefore the door has not actually been opened but someone on the outside wants the group to think it has and cut the tape for that purpose.

This revelation causes paranoia to rise among the remaining crewmates, especially when Simon and Rachel returns. Simon claims he went outside for a smoke and Rachel claims she was fetching something from her room. To relieve tension somewhat, James suggests splitting into groups and searching the ship to see if anyone is hiding on board. The groups are as follows, James, Olivia, Rachel and Elizabeth in Group 1, Zack, Simon and Hannah in Group 2. Andrew stays behind to comfort Harold, who still mourning his wife’s death. James’s group has no luck in their search and Elizabeth gets increasingly foul tempered as the search goes on. Rachel suggests she takes Elizabeth back to her room for a nap on a proper bed, leaving James and Olivia to search alone. Shortly after, they hear someone shouting from the deck. They arrive to find Simon yelling about how he saw a body in the water. Shortly after, Rachel arrives shouting about how Elizabeth has vanished. Rachel explains that she accidentally spilt some milk on the carpet and went to get something to wipe it up. However, when she returned, Elizabeth was missing, leaving only her wheelchair.

They agree that the body Simon saw was likely Elizabeth’s and go to investigate the scene. They find absolutely no sign of a struggle and the spill Rachel left made it impossible for anyone to enter/exist without leaving footprints in it. Yet Rachel’s are the only ones there. While searching, Hannah finds an envelope with a picture of a presumably younger Elizabeth standing on a balcony. On the back are the words ‘Meet outside on deck’. Suddenly, Andrew arrives, telling the group that the control room door has opened. They immediately run over to check and find the door wide open with Captain Hammond and Simmons both dead and Terry Bates drifting in and out of consciousness. James immediately signals for help and gets word that help shall arrive in several hours. They also determine that Terry was drugged, although exactly when is unclear. While waiting for help to arrive, Hannah hears a gunshot coming from the kitchen. She arrives at the same time James did and they open the kitchen door to find Zack dead inside., much to Olivia and Andrew’s horror. Oddly, there doesn’t seem to be anything strange or impossible about this murder. James immediately orders the body moved to the freezer for storage, so the police can look at it.

Shortly after, two unknown figures break into the freezer where Zack’s body is being kept. They pull off the sheet covering his body to find James waiting for them with a gun. Simon, Hannah and Harold all jump out armed as well. The figures are revealed to be Olivia and Andrew and James reveals that they, along with Zack are the true murderers in this case and, through heavy use of falsehoods and misdirection, they managed to pull off these murders in impossible ways so they could pin the whole thing on the Ghost.

The first murder, that of George Carpenter, actually took place before the cruise started. His body was kept in the freezer until the day of the cruise when it was slowly defrosted in the swimming pool (which was covered due to ‘an issue’). Once it was defrosted, one of the three fired a shot from somewhere on the deck (where didn’t matter) knowing the group would naturally assume the gunshot heard was the one used to kill Carpenter, therefore it must’ve come from by the swimming pool.

After murdering Captain Hammond and Herbert Simmons and drugging Terry Bates (so they could use him as a scapegoat), they made it seem as though the control room was locked from the inside by deliberately using the wrong key and pretending it didn’t work.

For their second murder, after following Elaine to her room, Olivia and Zack stabbed her in the throat. Then, they grabbed the chain cutters, closed the chain from the inside and broke it. Then, they posted Zack at the door to guard in case someone tried to go into Elaine’s room and accidentally reveal their ruse. When the time came for Elaine’s body to be ‘found’, Olivia and Andrew pressed the broken chains together. Then, when James arrived, they let it go, making it look like they had just at that moment cut the chain.

For the third murder, the secret lies in the photo Hannah found of Elizabeth standing on a balcony. Elizabeth was supposedly paralysed at a very young age. The photo showed that she was faking her disability and was used to blackmail Elizabeth into going out onto the deck to be murdered. Since Elizabeth didn’t want anyone else to know of her ability to walk, she made sure to step in Rachel’s footsteps so the spill didn’t reveal her. Hannah points out that all three of the crewmates were with their respective groups at the time of the murder. James reveals that Elizabeth’s true killer was actually Rachel. He confronted her and she revealed she received an envelope with the photo of Elizabeth in it and instructions on how to get her revenge for Elizabeth’s abusive treatment. However, the crewmates deny giving her any envelope. In fact, the reason Andrew unlocked the control room door and put an end to the murders was because of Elizabeth’s death. James assumes Rachel must have been lying about the envelope then.

The final murder, that of Zack, was not actually a murder at all. James had already worked out Zack’s involvement in the murders, from his role ‘guarding’ Elaine’s room and confronted him about who his accomplices were. Zack chose to commit suicide rather than give his friends away and go to jail. James then made it look like a murder to turn Olivia and Andrew against each other and get them to reveal themselves.

When asked about their motive, Olivia and Andrew revealed that the cruise line was going bankrupt, thanks in part to Simon, Elizabeth, Doyle Carpenter and the King’s. They deliberately arranged the voyage with people like Captain Hammond (who was responsible for a major shipping disaster several years ago) and Herbert Simmons (who was charged with sexual harassment, but threatened his accuser into dropping the charges) who they wouldn’t feel guilty about killing.

Suddenly, the ship that James signalled to appear, along with a helicopter. The first ship has agreed to take the remaining crew and passengers back to shore. The helicopter is so that James can go straight back to police headquarters and fill them in. Rachel, Olivia and Andrew are all arrested. Hannah goes down and talks to the three. Rachel is still claiming she received an envelope telling her how to perform Elizabeth’s murder, but Olivia and Andrew both claim ignorance. The latter two are also wondering where Zack got the gun from to commit suicide as the only weapon they had was constantly in Andrew’s possession. Hannah agrees that something seems fishy. She also realises that, despite apparently having taken a ticket from Doyle, The Ghost has yet to make an appearance. Just then, police boats arrive to arrest the three. Hannah asks the detective about James. The detective doesn’t know who she’s talking about. There is no Detective James Douglas in the Police Force. Hannah realises that James is actually The Ghost and arranged both Elizabeth and Zack’s murders before escaping on a helicopter he signalled while calling for help. And who knows where he is now…

Theaters: 3081
MPAA Rating: PG-13
Budget: $8mil

Among the Imposters

Director: Andrew Niccol

Genre: Young Adult Sci-Fi/Thriller

Date: January 18

Studio: Blankments Productions

Cast: Ty Simpkins as Luke Garner, Bryan Cranston as Mr. Talbot, Wyatt Russell as Jason, and Robert Redford as Mr. Hendricks. Unknowns

Music by: Antonio Pinto

Runtime: 97 min

Tagline: The second in the Shadow Children cycle.

Plot: Luke Garner is an illegal child in his family because he was the third child born. For most of his life, he'd been safe, hiding within the confines of his family's farm. But now, because of his association with a rebel third — short for third child — named Jen, Luke has had to take on a new identity. He is now Lee Grant, a new student to the Hendricks School for Boys. Jen's father, Mr. Talbot, obtained the new identity card for Luke. Mr. Talbot drops him off at the school and advises him to blend in. This is close to impossible since Luke has had no contact with anyone but his family and Jen for his entire life.

Most of the other boys at the school have autism or phobias that keep them from interacting with each other, but some are different. One student, Jason, torments him daily before bed. He forces Luke to do a variety of push-ups, sit-ups and other exercises each night. He also makes Luke call himself names. Luke wants nothing more than to escape from his tormentor and from the classes he doesn't understand.

One day, Luke comes across a door that has been left open. When no one else is looking, he ducks out and runs to the nearby woods. He is ecstatic to be away from the school for even a little while, but knows he can't survive on his own yet. He returns to the school but visits the forest whenever he can and eventually hides spuds and bean sprouts in his uniform so he can plant a garden.

On one excursion to check on his plants, Luke discovers that his garden has been trampled. At first angry that his work has been ruined, he realizes it means that others from the school use the unlocked door for escape as well. Luke hides in the hallway one night and follows a group of boys to the woods. As he eavesdrops on their conversation, he realizes they are meeting with students from the nearby girls' school. It also becomes clear that they are also thirds. Luke comes out of hiding and confronts them about ruining his garden. The others have no clue what he's talking about as none of them have ever seen a garden. They didn't realize what they were stepping on as they snuck back to the school at night. Luke is embarrassed and tries to return to the school, but Jason stops him. He tells Luke that the reason he picked on him was to make him tougher. There are a lot of thirds at Hendricks, but they're not used to being in public. Many give themselves away by standing up in class and shouting their real names. The hazing, which includes making the new student shout that he's an exnay, a leckeror a fonrol (all derogatory names for thirds or country people) allows the newcomer to admit who he is out loud, without being revealed as a third. Luke becomes a kind of hero to the others when they learn he knew Jen Talbot. She is legendary to those in hiding because she organized a rally in front of the president's house to change the population laws. She was killed, along with the others at the rally.

Luke is accepted by the group and joins in the nightly meetings. Although happy to have made some friends, Luke is wary of being too trusting. As a result, he doesn't tell the others his real name, insisting they call him by his new name, Lee. Luke learns that Jason arrived at Hendricks shortly before he did. The others didn't start meeting until Jason arrived, which was just after the rally in which Jen was killed. Luke is excited when the others start making plans for another rally, but soon becomes frustrated. All his new friends do is talk; they don't focus on what needs to be done.

Luke starts to worry about upcoming finals because he's never figured out what classes he should be taking. Instead he sits in on different ones every day. Jason gets him a copy of his schedule but assures him not to worry about the tests as Jason can hack into the school computer to change Luke's grades. Luke, however, is determined to try and learn something from his teachers. He attends all his classes and begins reading his textbooks. On the night before his first exam, he is too nervous to sleep. When he hears someone get out of bed, he waits a moment before following the person. He brings a textbook with him so he can claim he's trying to find a place where he can study quietly.

Luke discovers Jason talking on a cell phone in the hallway. At first he thinks the boy is talking to others in the subversive movement. Luke approaches Jason to let him know he wants in on any plans, but at that moment he hears Jason admit to being one of the Population Police, authorities who hunt down illegal thirds. When Jason spots him, Luke defends himself with his textbook, hitting Jason on the head and knocking him out. Luke takes Jason to the school nurse, telling her that he fell out of bed and had some kind of fit. He warns the nurse that should Jason become conscious, he may say some strange things.

Luke returns to the hallway where he'd encountered Jason, so he can retrieve his history book and Jason's phone. Unfortunately, someone has stolen it. Luke breaks into the school's office so he can find Mr. Talbot's number. He finds his school records and discovers that not only has his past been doctored to make him Lee Grant, but his time at Hendricks has been falsified as well. He appears to have the same behavioral problems as the other boys. Luke calls Mr. Talbot to ask for help, but because the Population Police may have bugged his phone, he can't be specific about what he needs. He tells Mr. Talbot he has to leave the school because of a problem like he had before. He also says that he has four more problems, hoping Jen's father will understand that there are other thirds that need to escape. Mr. Talbot acts as if he only wants to go back to bed because it's 3 o'clock a.m. Luke thinks he has no hope. He explores the rest of the school, looking for a way out, but all the doors to the outside have been locked, and there are no windows. He and the others are trapped until the Population Police come to arrest them.

In the cafeteria at breakfast, the Population Police arrive. Luke is paralyzed with fear, not even able to open his mouth to call a warning to the others. The police warn the students that punishment for violating the Population Law is death. The punishment for having false papers is death by torture. Mr. Talbot enters with Jason in chains claiming that he is the criminal for whom they've been looking. Jason cries out that he's not a third, but he can name others. He betrays five other boys, including Luke. Mr. Talbot laughs at the accusation, claiming that he's known Luke Grant since he was a boy. He even has a picture in his wallet of Luke and Mr. Talbot's family at Christmas. Files are pulled from the office, which prove the other boys aren't who Jason claimed they were, either.

Later that day, Luke's history teacher escorts Luke to a castle on the school grounds. There he meets Mr. Josiah Hendricks, the wealthy man who began the school. Mr. Talbot is also present. Mr. Hendricks explains that when he was younger he spent much of his wealth on foolish living that cost him both of his legs. When the great famines occurred, the government wanted to restrict food to only the healthy people, but Mr. Hendricks used his money to bribe officials so they came up with the two-child rule instead. Feeling guilty that he had saved himself and his family from death while condemning others, Mr. Hendricks started a school for troubled boys so he could eventually bring thirds out of hiding. They could blend in because the other students would also have social difficulties. Once the thirds made the transition to the outside world, they would move out of the school and start real lives in society. Mr. Hendricks and Mr. Talbot agree that Luke is ready to move on. Luke, however, doesn't agree. He wants to stay at Hendricks and help other thirds make an easier transition to the outside world. They agree, and Luke introduces a few to the pleasures of gardening. Since the Population Laws began because of a shortage of food, Luke figures it will be good for them to learn how to grow food. At the end of the movie, he asks the other boys to call him "L." It is a combination of Luke and Lee, which is how he is beginning to think of himself.

Theaters: 3,843

MPAA Rating: PG for thematic content and disturbing images

Budget: $30 million

Previous Film Gross: 45.3/135.0/302.8 (OW/DOM/WW)

Edited by Blankments
  • Like 1

Teen Titans

Director: Joe Cornish
Genre: Superhero
Date: February 15
Studio: Blankments Productions and DC Entertainment
Cast:
Ty Sheridan as Nightwing, Michael B. Jordan as Cyborg, Abigail Breslin as Raven, AnnaSophia Robb as Starfire, Tony Revolori as Beast Boy, Ron Perlman as Deathstroke, Alexandra Daddario as Jinx, Rob Archer as Mammoth, Noah Ringer as Gizmo, Suraj Sharma as See-More, Aaron Paul as Rick Flag, and Octavia Spencer as Amanda Waller.
Music by: John Powell.
Runtime: 106 min
Format: IMAX 3D and 3D
Tagline: GO!

Plot: The film opens in Bludhaven, where we see a young man putting on a new makeshift costume. He narrates that he has always looked for a place in the world, but he’s an homeless orphan of a circus family and no one ever wanted him. After seeing the stories of the Justice League on TV, he decided to take matters into his own hands. He puts on his mask, and says that he will now go solely by Nightwing. He then hits the streets to stop a mugging of an old lady.

The film quickly moves forward a few months, where Nightwing has become a popular vigilante, although Bludhaven’s corrupt police force wish to arrest him. One night, he stops an armed robbery right before the police arrive, and a high speech chase ensues. Nightwing runs into an alley where someone in the shadows stops him. The man introduces himself as Deathstroke, and tells Nightwing that if he wants to remain free, he needs to come with Deathstroke. Nightwing is naturally suspicious of a guy named Deathstroke, so he doesn’t go with him. Deathstroke tries to convince Nightwing otherwise, but since the police are closing in, Deathstroke leaves Nightwing to the police.

Nightwing is promptly arrested, and thrown into a cell overnight. We then see Rick Flag come into Bludhaven Police Department, saying he is there on government business. The police chief asks what he can do for him, and then we cut to Nightwing being waked up by Flag. Flag tells Nightwing he’s paid his really high bail, but is taking him to a special place for him: the Titan program. Nightwing is confused, but Flag says all will be explained when they arrive at the facility.

They arrive at the facility, and Amanda Waller shows up to escort Nightwing around. She quickly explains the TITAN program; a program for exceptional teens being trained to use their special abilities to help the world. Essentially, Waller explains, is that Titans are the training ground to possibly join the Justice League in the future. Nightwing asks if he has a choice to join or not. Waller bluntly tells him either he joins the Titans, or he’ll go back to Bludhaven’s jail. Nightwing, begrudged, agrees to join. Flag then takes Nightwing to meet the other Titans.

This is the portion where Nightwing get introductions to every character. First off is See-More, a boy with a helmet shaped like an eye. He fights some training drones by shooting laser beams out of his helmet, blowing them all up. Then, we have Beast Boy, who fights the drones by turning rapidly into an eagle, bear, tiger, and finally, a T-Rex. Jinx shoots pink lightning beams at the drones to blow them up, and Raven does the same, but with black energy beams. Cyborg uses a cannon from his robotic arm, while Mammoth just jumps on the drones to hurt them. Starfire flies in and shoots multiple pink constructs at the drones while Gizmo quickly builds his own mech out of the already destructed drones to kill the rest.

Nightwing is wowed by this, and turns to ask Waller where he can sign up. Flag smiles and we cut to Nightwing taking down drones for the first time. The rest of the members of the Titan program watch on in oohing and awing. Jinx and Starfire in particular have eyes on Nightwing. As he exits the simulation, they both ask him questions about where he came from, and Flag says they’ll have time to get to know Nightwing over the upcoming months.

A montage goes by showing those few months as we primarily follow Nightwing, but also get to know other members of the Titans. We see Cyborg and Beast Boy bonding with Nightwing by playing video games with him. Gizmo makes Nightwing a high-tech staff, and Nightwing thanks him for it. Raven keeps to herself, but Beast Boy won’t have any of that. He annoys her to the point where she just teleports away. Starfire makes Nightwing a cake for his month in the Titan program, but Jinx trips Starfire with her bad luck power. Jinx then makes a move on Nightwing, asking him out to a movie in the facility’s theater. Nightwing accepts to Starfire’s sadness. See-More tries to make a move on Starfire but Raven tells him to back off. Mammoth hugs See-More in response. This is all interspliced with drone training.

It’s three months since Robin joined, and now it’s time for what Flag calls “Evaluation.” Beast Boy asks what that is, and Flag sighs, stating that Evaluation means that they’re gonna put the Titans in a simulation similar to the drones, and Waller will watch. If they succeed in their simulation, then the first class of Titans will be stationed somewhere as a team. We jump ahead to the simulation, which is a simulated Parademon siege on Washington DC. The Titans fight hard, and they appear to be losing... until Nightwing takes charge. He comes up with a good strategy, and they manage to blow up all the Parademons in a spectacular explosion. The simulation ends and we see Waller frowning. She tells Flag they failed and Flag asks why; they defeated the Parademons. Waller answer that they did not bother containing the damage. Washington DC would’ve needed at least $1 billion of repairs from that damage. Waller tells Flag they need to work harder on emphasizing safety rather than looking cool. Flag grimaces, saying he likes them to look cool.

We move ahead to see Flag tell the Titans in their bunkers they’ve failed. Starfire asks what’s next, and Flag mentions that they’ll have another evaluation in six months. Until then, they’ll have to keep training. Everyone groans and Gizmo says he can’t wait to get out of here. Flag says that he’s sorry, but orders are orders. Suddenly, the alarms go off. See-More asks what it means, and Flag explains that this means the facility has been compromised. He starts to leave the room and the Titans follow to help, but Flag says protocol states they are to stay in their bunkers. He leaves the bunkers, locking them down under steel.

We follow Flag to Waller’s command desk, and he asks her what’s going on. She turns around and asks Flag to leave. Flag asks why we suddenly hear a gunshot. He looks down, and sees he is bleeding near the heart. He passes out, dead as a doornail. Deathstroke jumps down from the ceiling and tells Waller to come with him if she wants to live. Waller responds that she won’t live if it means compromising her organization. Deathstroke rolls his eyes and knocks her out with a headbutt.

Back in the bunkers, Jinx complains about being stuck in the bunkers instead of helping with the facility being compromised. Nightwing tells her to stop complaining. Suddenly, the steel doors open up and Deathstroke enters with Waller’s unconscious body near him. Deathstroke tells them that he has come to liberate them and they can join him in his attempt to overthrow this awful organization. Nightwing says they’ll never join him, and Deathstroke grimaes and exits, quickly returning with Flag’s corpse. Deathstroke says defying him will leave them like Flag. Deathstroke says those who wish to join may follow him out in the following two minutes; those who don’t will go into lockdown permanently. As Deathstroke leaves, Raven points out that he can’t put them into lockdown permanently, but no one hears her. Instead, Jinx leads out Gizmo, Mammoth, and See-More to join Deathstroke. Cyborg asks what they’re doing, and Gizmo answers that they don’t want to die, and being with Deathstroke might give them some freedom. Beast Boy freaks out at them, saying they can’t betray Flag like that. Mammoth punches out Beast Boy, knocking him out, and See-More says that it is impossible to betray a dead man.

As soon as the five betrayers leave, Nightwing freaks out, saying he liked Jinx. Starfire rolls her eyes at this, and Cyborg says they need to come with a plan, first to get out of the bunkers. Raven says she has an idea, and Beast Boy scoffs, saying she never has ideas. Nightwing says Raven’s idea is the only they’ve got. Raven nods her head and manifests her soul self into a see-through raven. Beast Boy’s mouth gapes as the raven phases through the wall. Raven shrinks down and flies fast enough to catch up to Deathstroke, unseen. Deathstroke tells his new recruits that they’re going to kill Waller on public television, showing they are in charge here. Gizmo asks why on television; wouldn’t that make the members of Justice League want revenge? Deathstroke laughs, saying no one ever finds him unless he wants to be found. Raven finds herself quickly tiring of her power and thus returns to her body. Raven tells them what’s going on, and Nightwing says they must be heading to the television studio in the facility for emergency broadcasts. Beast Boy points out how stupid it is that they have a television studio, and Starfire comments it makes sense, since who doesn’t love television?

Cyborg quickly sticks his robotic hand up to a panel and hacks the system so the doors open. Beast Boy asks why he didn’t do that earlier, and Cyborg replies that he would’ve lost dessert for a week if he did that. Beast Boy says that’s a good reason and Raven just rolls her eyes. They run to the television studio in the facility, but find it guarded by Jinx, Mammoth, Gizmo, and See-More. It’s time for a one-on-one fight! Jinx fights Starfire, making back-and-forth comments on their loves of Nightwing. Mammoth fights Beast Boy, who quickly turns into a mammoth for the hell of it in the fight. Cyborg fights Gizmo, with Gizmo dismantling him but Cyborg still controlling his disconnected parts. Finally, Raven fights See-More, but calling it a fight would be too kind seeing how Raven utterly demolishes See-More. Nightwing sneaks past the fight and sees Deathstroke on the set delivering a live-address. He fights Deathstroke in hand-to-hand combat, and Deathstroke clearly is winning. However, Deathstroke is not trying to kill Nightwing, but rather get him to join his group. Nightwing holds fast against Deathstroke, and eventually buys enough time for the other four Titans to join in the fight. Seeing himself outnumbered, he escapes and Beast Boy chases after them. Gizmo has prepared for the escape though, and built a drilling machine so Deathstroke and his recruits escape underground.

We move ahead a week. Waller meets with the Titans, thanking them for saving her life. She still doesn’t think they’re prepared to face the world’s evils on their own, but seeing the entire country saw her life being saved by the Titans, she has no choice but send them out, or else get bad publicity. She then tells them they’ll be stationed in Jump City in Titans Tower. Nightwing is given the designated role of team leader, and their mission will be hunting down Deathstroke, whose headquarters is known to be in Jump City. The film ends with a party in Titans Tower, where Nightwing chooses to ask Starfire out on a date, which she graciously accepts, and then probably the most awesome party scene with superpowers one can imagine. It’s pretty sweet.

Theaters: 4,412
MPAA Rating: PG-13 for comic book violence.
Budget: $125 million

Previous Film Gross (Justice League which had Cyborg in it): 154.7/433.6/1123.5 (OW/DOM/WW)

Edited by Blankments

Literally just spent the last three hours typing this up in time for the deadline. 

Black Cat
Director: Martin Campell
Genre: Action
Date: March 15-17
Cast: Sam Rockwell (Train Heartnet), Karl Urban (Sven Vollfeld), Eve Newton (Eve), James Marsden (Creed Diskenth) Natalie Dormer (Rinslet Walker) Gerard Butler (Nizer Bruckheimer), Vincent D'Onofrio (Torneo Rudman) 

Plot:

Chronos. The organisation believed to control over a third of the world. With hands in every country, every government and all without leaving little trace. But every powerful organisation has enemies. To maintain order, Chronos trained thirteen of the most elite assassins, the Chronos Thirteen, armed with unique weapons specially created for them and made from the hardest material in the world, Orichalcum. Out of all the Numbers, however, the most feared and ruthless was the man with XIII tattooed on his chest. The Black Cat.

We cut to a criminal being chased down the streets of a city by our heroes, Train Heartnet and Sven Vollfield. After an intense chase, involving plenty of parkour and incredible stunts, Train eventually manages to catch the man by drawing out a large black and gold revolver with XIII engraved on the side and using it to shoot a flowerpot, causing it to fall onto the guy’s head. It is revealed that Train and Sven are both sweepers, bounty hunters assigned to catch wanted criminals. The guy they caught… is actually just a shoplifter though. Sven even comments after handing him in that it really probably wasn’t worth all the effort they went through to catch him. The wanted reward they got was barely enough to buy dinner. Train points out that, on the other hand, it is still enough to buy dinner and insists they go and eat right now.

Train and Sven go to eat dinner at a cheap restaurant and we take the time to learn more about their characters. Train is a very easy-going sort of man, often joking around, always willing to look on the bright side of their lousy situation, somewhat impulsive and nearly always hungry. Sven (who has a badass eyepatch) is the much more serious one of the two, constantly frustrated at Train’s inability to save his money and is the one who comes up with plans and targets for them to catch. The two have had absolutely no luck with criminals lately, despite touring all over the country and it’s gotten to the point where they’re pretty much sleeping out of their car.

Suddenly, a young woman bursts into the restaurant desperate for help. Several armed men are chasing her. She immediately run to Train and asks him to help her. Being the hot-blooded alpha-male he is (as he puts it) Train immediately agrees, much to Sven’s irritation. Train confronts the men outside and beats them up with an impressive display of martial arts and marksmanship. Inside, Sven and the woman wait in rather awkward silence. As Train beats the last guy, he runs off screaming ‘This wasn’t how she said this would happen!’. Train goes back inside and politely asks the woman if he’s ‘passed her test’. When the woman feigns ignorance, Sven fishes a pistol out of her jacket and asks why, if she was in danger, she didn’t just use her gun. Obviously, she was testing them for some reason. The woman smiles, takes off her wig and introduces herself as Rinslet Walker. Sven recognises the name. She’s an infamous thief-for-hire. Apparently, even the government hires her, hence why she’s never received a bounty.

Rinslet tells the two she needs some muscle for a very important job she’s about to pull off and, if they help her, it could be very profitable for them. Sven asks why she wants them to help. Rinslet reveals she’s worked out Train’s true identity. The black and gold ornate pistol. His incredible fighting and marksmanship. And of course, the Number XIII tattooed on his chest. He’s the legendary assassin, the Black Cat who supposedly died years ago. Train says he threw that identity away years ago. Rinslet doesn’t really care about his personal problems. She just wants his skills for a job. Train and Sven are unsure, but they’re very short on cash so they agree.

Back at her apartment, Rinslet explains the job. She’s been hired to steal something from infamous weapons dealer Torneo Rudman’s heavily guarded manor (although she won’t reveal what). She needs someone to cause a suitable distraction so she can sneak in and steal her target. That’s Train and Sven’s job. If they succeed, not only will they be paid a large amount of money but, there’s also a large bounty on Torneo’s head, if they catch. In addition, there’s an even larger bounty on the head of Torneo’s employer Creed Diskenth, a former Chronos assassin. Train immediately flinches at that name and a cold look passes over his face. Rinslet asks if he knows Creed. Train doesn’t answer and instead leaves without a word. Rinslet asks where he’s going. Sven says Train is probably going to Torneo’s manor. Rinslet, naturally, freaks out thinking he’s going to blow their cover. And get himself killed. But mostly blow their cover. Sven tells her to relax and that Train is too competent to let himself get killed. Rinslet asks what kind of history Train has with Creed. Sven admits he’s never asked, but he knows it’s a serious one.

Meanwhile, in Torneo’s manor, Torneo is speaking over a computer with Creed Diskenth, whose face is kept in shadow. A young girl, Eve, is sitting nearby. Torneo tells Creed that his nanobot program has made huge leaps and that their newest test subject has been a complete success. Creed asks for a demonstration. Torneo orders a man who he recently caught stealing from him in and orders Even to kill him. Eve does so, using prehensile hair as a weapon to stab him. Creed is impressed. A masked man nearby is listening in on the conversation with a bug. Suddenly, the meeting is interrupted by Torneo’s guards informing him there is an intruder in the mansion. Torneo shuts off the conversation with Creed and orders his guards to deal with the situation.

We cut to Train in an epic firefight with Torneo’s guards. After some impressive marksmanship, he manages to take them all out and makes his way to where Torneo is. Train asks where Creed is. Torneo refuses to give away his employer so easily and orders Eve to kill Train. Eve attacks Train with her prehensile hair and for a while it looks like Train is on the backfoot. However, their fight is interrupted by the masked man, who drives Eve back with a pair of black and gold tonfa before telling Train to come with him if he wants to live. Train says he can beat the girl. The Man tells Train that it’s not the girl who’ll kill him if he refuses. It’ll be him. Train and the masked man escape the mansion together. Torneo angrily orders his men to hunt them down and find them. He then notices that Eve is missing, having gone to follow to the two men and kill Train.

Meanwhile, Sven is wandering throughout town, picking up supplies they’ll need for their assault on Torneo’s mansion. While shopping he spots a confused Eve wandering lost though the crowds and asks if she needs any help. Eve says she’s looking for someone but can’t find him. Assuming she’s been separated from her parents, Sven offers to look after her until she finds them. The two begin to bond when Sven buys her ice cream, something Eve has never tasted before (having been kept in the manor all her life). Sven is surprised as how Eve seemingly is and tells her stories about all the places he’s visited, much to her amazement. When the shopping centre they’re in begins to close and there’s still no sign of Eve’s parents, Sven offers to take Eve to the police station to see if they can help. As they’re walking together, they are followed by Torneo in his limo.

Train and the masked man escape to a safe location and the man reveals himself to be one of the Chronos Thirteen, Nizer Bruckheimer (Number V). Nizer admits he’s surprised Train is still alive and, were they in any other situation, he would’ve killed Train on the spot. However, this is different. Train realises he’s talking about Creed. Nizer has a major grudge against Creed for killing his partner, Ash (former Number X) when he defected. Nizer knows that Creed has an obsession with Train which lead to someone named Saya being murdered and both Train and Creed defecting from Chronos. Nizer wants Train to lure Creed out so Nizer can kill him. Train agrees to lure Creed out but reminds Nizer that he wants to kill Creed just as much and avenge Saya.

We cut to several years previously when Train was still working as the Black Cat and was much colder and more serious. One day, during a regular assassination, Train hesitates when he sees his target holding a small child and ends up being badly injured, although he manages to get away. While he lies in an alley, slowly bleeding to death, a young woman, Saya, comes across him and nurses him back to health at her apartment. Saya is a sweeper and acts much like Train does in the present time, being very cheerful and jokey. Train considers her naïve but starts to gain respect for her after seeing her defuse a hostage situation and capture the hostage taker all without a single person being killed. Train begins to soften a little and the two slowly begin to fall in love. However, Train’s partner, Creed does not like this. Creed admired the Black cat side of Train to almost an obsessive degree and, already slightly mentally unhinged, Creed slowly became convinced that Saya was a witch who had ensnared Train’s mind and that the only way to break the curse was to kill her. Creed ambushes Saya one day and manages to kill her, much to Train’s horror. Train, in a fit of rage, confronts Creed and the two fight, Creed wielding a katana capable of deflecting Train’s bullets. The fight is interrupted by Nizer and Ash, who have been sent to kill the two (as Chronos believes Train has become too soft) and both end up retreating, Nizer chasing after Train and Ash chasing after Creed. After an intense parkour chase, Train manages to fake his death by pretending to be in an exploding house. Nizer reports back to Chronos that Train is dead. However, Ash is murdered by Creed who vows revenge on Chronos.

Shortly after this reminiscing, Train receives a phone call from Rinslet who, panicked, tells him that Sven has been attacked. We cut to the hospital where Sven is going through major surgery. Rinslet tells Train that Sven should pull through but it was very close. Train asks how it happened. Rinslet tells him that he was attacked by Torneo’s newest bioweapon, a nanobot infected little girl named Eve. Torneo’s nanobot research was what Rinslet was hired to steal. Train goes to take his revenge on Torneo but Rinslet stops him, telling him that they need a plan before acting and that Train’s recklessness and insistence on doing things his way was what got Sven injured in the first place. Train reluctantly agrees to wait. The next morning, Sven wakes up and tells the two what happened between him and Eve. When they were walking to the police station, Torneo confronted them on an abandoned street and ordered Eve to kill Sven. Eve tried to resist, much to Torneo’s anger and he used a device to force her to obey his orders. Eve then stabbed Sven with her prehensile hair, crying silently as she did it. Sven is convinced that Eve isn’t all lost though as she was able to stab him non-lethally and wants to try and rescue her from Torneo’s clutches. Rinslet is iffy about the idea, but Train agrees to help.  

The next day, the group begins their assault on the mansion. Sven accompanies them, despite Rinslet’s belief that he’s still too injured. Train and Sven manage to fight their way through Torneo’s many guards with the use of flash bombs, gas grenades and dart guns, while Rinslet sneaks into Torneo’s weapons lab. However, when she breaks in she sees something horrifying. They eventually reach Torneo’s room where the weapons dealer is waiting with Eve. He sets Eve to attack the two, using his device to assure her loyalty. The dart guns fail to work on Eve, forcing Train to switch back to his regular orichalcum gun to try and fight her. However, since they’re trying not to hurt her, they’re at a serious disadvantage. However, when Eve manages to pin Sven down and tries to stab him, she hesitates manages to fight Torneo’s device long enough for Train to shoot and destroy it. Torneo is angered by Eve’s betrayal and decides to set his superpowered nanobot soldiers that he has developed in his lab. At that moment, said lab explodes thanks to Rinslet who, upon seeing Torneo’s nanobot soldiers, has decided that the world would be better off with them, her payment be damned. Torneo breaks down mentally at much of his life’s work being lost. Train and Sven consider handing him in for his bounty but, realising if they did so they’d have to hand in Eve as well, decide to leave him for the police. After they leave, however, Creed arrives and decapitates Torneo, before smiling at the news that Train is still alive.

The group returns back to their base, along with Eve, and Rinslet bids them farewell, deciding to underground for a bit to avoid her employers. Train and Sven realise a little too late that she ‘forgot’ to pay them. And that they’ve received absolutely no reward money for all their troubles. They don’t take it that well. Next they wonder about what they should do with Eve. Sven believes that they should leave her with a foster family since their job is very dangerous and they’ll constantly be travelling. Eve insists on staying with the two and wants to see all the places Sven talked about. Eventually she manages to persuade the two and they agree to let her stay with them. (“For a trial period.” Sven insists). Meanwhile, Rinslet is at another one of her safehouses when she is suddenly attacked and knocked unconscious by Creed.

Later that night, Eve and Sven are both asleep when Train finds an envelope posted under the door. Inside is a photo of a bound and gagged Rinslet and a challenge from Creed telling the Black Cat to come alone to the skyscraper where the two first met. Train pulls out the old coat he used to wear as the Black Cat and goes out to fight Creed. Just as Train leaves, Eve wakes up from a nightmare she was having. She wakes up Sven and tells him that Train is going to die.

Meanwhile, on the skyscraper, Rinslet awakens, handcuffed and alone on the top floor with Creed who is waiting with a sheathed sword. Rinslet asks what Creed wants with her. Creed tells Rinslet that she’s entirely a means to an end and to rejoice as she will be witness to the reunion between him and Train. At that moment, someone arrives. However, it is not Train, but Nizer who has tracked Creed to this location and challenges him. Creed is frustrated by Nizer’s appearance and decides to kill him before Train can arrive. He draws his sword. However, to Nizer’s confusion, it has no blade. However, Creed somehow manages to slice apart a pillar behind Nizer. Creed reveals that the sword has been modified with nanobot technology to make the blade invisible and able to extend to incredible lengths. The two fight. Despite Creed’s special weaponry, Nizer is able to keep up with his orichalcum tonfa. However, eventually he is worn down and Creed manages to slice off one of his arms. However, their fight has caused large amounts of damage to the building and parts of it begin to collapse. Rinslet is accidentally knocked off the building and is falling to her death when Train arrives and catches her.

Train confronts Creed and refuses Creed’s offer to join him. Creed is greatly saddened and decides that murdering Train is the only true way to remove Saya’s curse. The two have an epic fight, mirroring their fight years ago. Their battle does more and more damage to the building and it begins to collapse. Train is knocked off the edge of the building by Train, but is rescued by Eve who pulls him into the building with her hair, where Sven is waiting. Sven scolds him for going off without them (and for stealing their car to drive there) and tells Train that they’re a team. Just then, the ceiling begins to fall on them as the building gets closer and closer to collapsing. They are confronted by Creed who tries to kill the three. Train and Eve manage to hold Creed long enough for Sven to blind him with a flash bomb. However, Sven is knocked unconscious by a flash bomb. Eve moves to help when a particularly large piece of rubble plummets towards them. Train has one bullet left and the option to use it to save Sven and Eve or to kill the vulnerable Creed. He uses it to save his friends by hitting the rubble and just the right angle that it’ll miss the two. The three jump out of the window as the floor begins to give away and Eve manages to absorb the impact of the ground with her hair, before falling unconscious. Creed tries to follow them but Nizer jumps him and, deciding to die taking down Creed, manages to hold him back as the building collapses on them.

The next morning, Train wakes up in the hospital, having been delivered there by a grateful Rinslet (who was also the one who told Sven + Eve where to find Train). Sven arrives, having recovered earlier and tells him that Eve is asleep having used up a lot of energy saving Train. Train apologises to him for going off without them. Sven tells him to forget it and that since they're still broke he needs to hurry up and recover so they can go after a new target. Just as Train is getting out bed, a man dashes past their room, having snatched several hospital drugs. Train and Sven look at each other, sigh and chase after the man once more.

Theaters: 3810
MPAA Rating: PG-13
Budget: $52mil

Edited by Rukaio Alter

Childhood Ruined 2Director: Malcom D. LeeComposer: James L. VenableGenre: ComedyDate: February 22Studio: Redlight FilmsFormat: 35mm filmBudget: $15 millionTheaters: 2,516MPAA Rating: R for language and some violenceRunning Time: 81 minutesTagline: The Sequel You Didn't Ask For

Cast:Jake T. Austin as JackRafi Gavron as Bob

Miley Cyrus as Herself (cameo)Plot: The same two young men from the first Childhood Ruined now go on another "epic" quest to prove that Miley Cyrus is the leader of the Illuminati.

Edited by Alpha
  • Like 1

If...

Animation 

Cast: Zachary Gordon (Ryan), Steve Carell (Tyler), Jennifer Aniston (Miriam), Zac Efron (Rick), Bailee Madison (Clarissa), Leo Howard (Albert), Liam James (Jeffrey), Amanda Seyfried (Dara), Angelina Jolie (Queen Beatrix), Alfred Molina (King Alexander), Erenest (John Travolta), Vicky (Kristen Wigg), and Will Arnett (Brandon)

Director: Chris Renaud
Rating: PG
Budget: $125 Million
Theaters: 3,899
Release Date: March 1

Ryan takes off his shoes, climbs the stairs, and slams his bedroom door. He lies in his bed and starts punching the pillow. We could see a tear or two on Ryan’s eyes. Ryan then begins narrating his current issue at school. The film rewinds and we see Ryan in bed waking up to his alarm clock. He has a smile in his face. He dresses up and goes downstairs. He is greeted by his mother, Miriam, and he puts a plate of pancakes with a happy face on the table. “Thank you mother” says Ryan as he races his father, Tyler, eating the pancakes. Ryan wins. Tyler takes Ryan to school and we get a view of the neighborhood. “Have a nice day champ” says Tyler as Ryan gets down where all the rest of the kids are dropped off. “Thanks dad” says Ryan with a grin on his face. Ryan proceeds to the playground located in front of the school and goes with his friends Albert and Clarissa. They soon begin playing down the slide and on the swings. Suddenly, a tougher young boy pushes all of them and kicks them out of the swings. Ryan falls facedown from the slide and we can see Ryan is angry. He decides to ignore the schools bully, Jeffrey, since he bullies everyone. The bell rings and Ryan proceeds to his classroom. 

It is now time for lunch and all the kids run outside and start playing on the swings. Again, Jeffrey starts to bully, but this time he only pushes only Ryan. Ryan gets sand in his eyes and he got a cut on his cheek. Ryan has had it with Jeffrey and he stands up to him. “We are tired of you Jeffrey!” says Ryan as the whole entire playgrounds stops what they are doing and look at the tension that is rising between both of them. Jeffrey’s face turns red. Ryan looks at both Albert and Clarissa and is waiting for them to back him up. Albert whispers “sorry” and he takes Clarissa by hand and they run. Jeffrey gets up from the swing and closes one hand and with that hand he punches the other one. The bell rings and the kids gasp as Jeffrey is now where Ryan is at. The camera follows the children going inside the classroom. 

Ryan enters his house with his backpack open and with his pants loose. We can infer that he got a wedgie from Jeffrey’s actions. He goes to the living room where we see Tyler watching some football and eating some pizza. A slice of pepperoni falls down on his shirt and Tyler ignores it. Ryan stands in the middle of the living room. “Can you please move, son. This is important!” says Tyler trying to get around Ryan. Ryan then goes to Miriam and he is confident that she will notice that something was wrong. We see Miriam on the computer typing. Ryan then begins telling her about his day and that he was pushed around by Jeffrey. Miriam says yes and Ryan says that he should call the principal or something. “I’m sorry what was that? I didn’t understand” says Miriam. Ryan tells her once again and Miriam goes off topic and starts talking about a huge presentation that she has to do. Ryan then notices that she is on her Bluetooth and she was probably talking to one of her co-workers. Ryan doesn’t know what to do. He then goes upstairs and knocks on a door three times. A teenager opens the door and tells Ryan “What do you want punk?” Ryan then tells his brother, Rick that he needs him to beat up Jeffrey. Rick laughs and tells him that he won’t fight his battles. Rick then closes the door and we see him turn on the volume of his radio and he heads to his computer where he is in a website similar to facebook. 

Ryan runs to his room and slams the door and we go back to the beginning scene. He punches the pillow several times and starts screaming “I WISH JEFFREY NEVER EXISTED! I WISH JEFFREY NEVER EXISTED!” He does this over and over until the sun goes down and he falls asleep. 

“Honey, wake up. It’s time for school” says Miriam as she is shaking Ryan so he can wake up. Ryan pretends to be sick so Miriam takes his temperature and takes a look at the thermometer. “You’re perfectly fine sweetie. You have to go to school so we can have another perfect attendance trophy on our wall” says Miriam. We see Ryan in a car fully dressed now and with his backpack on. “I’m going to school against my will” says Ryan. “Well aren’t you a charmer” says Tyler smiling. Ryan doesn’t want to get down once he is the parent drop off. “What’s wrong champ? “ asks Tyler. “I told you” says Ryan. Suddenly the school bell rings. “Well then remind me afterschool again. You have to get to class. Don’t want to be tardy” says Tyler as he gets down from the car. As Ryan enters the classroom he sees his friends with smiles on their faces. “Jeffrey isn’t here today!” says Clarissa. Suddenly Ryan’s frown turns into a smile. At lunch all the kids are playing peacefully and we see Ryan on the swings. 

For three days Ryan is astonished that Jeffrey has been missing school. “Maybe he moved to Alaska” says Albert one day while eating lunch. “Gee I hope he’s okay” says Clarissa. Ryan rolls his eyes and says “You guys should be happy! If he was here we would all be miserable!” Later that evening Ryan and Miriam are watching television. They are watching a show when suddenly broadcast is interrupted by the local channel 7 news. They show a familiar picture of a boy in a corner and both reporters are talking about the disappearance of Jeffrey M. Sullivan. “Isn’t that kid in the same grade as you” says Miriam pointing at the TV. A video of Jeffrey’s mother plays. She is crying. “Please….if you see my baby return him to me! Please……” says Jeffrey’s mother. She then hugs her husband and sobs. “That is heartbreaking. I can’t imagine loosing you, sweetie. I hope they find him” says Miriam as she hugs Ryan. Ryan then recalls the wish he made. “Oh no!” says Ryan. He runs upstairs into his room. “Did my wish really come true?” says Ryan as he is looking around his room. He then notices an envelope hidden between his Hero of the Night poster and the wall. He gets the envelope and opens it. He finds a card that says CONGRATULATIONS YOUR WISH HAS COME TRUE. Ryan has a shocking expression in his face. “Oh no…what did I do!” says Ryan. Ryan turns the card around and see’s really small letters at the bottome of the card. It’s a website. Ryan takes the card and gets out of his room and sneaks into his brother’s room. His brother’s room is all dark and his brother is sleeping. He slowly heads to the computer and turns it on. As soon as he does the speakers are in full volume and Ryan freaks out and turns them off as soon as they go on. Rick just moves slightly and wakes up for a second and goes back to sleep. Ryan goes into the internet and types in the website. In the middle of the computer screen there is a button that reads PRESS HERE TO TAKE BACK WISH. Ryan moves the mouse and clicks on the button. The button disappears and the screen is blank. “Well that was easy!” says Ryan loud enough so Rick could hear him. Rick wakes up and screams at Ryan saying “What the hell are you doing in my room!?” Ryan tries to get out, but suddenly the furniture starts disappearing leaving both of them in a lonely room. Soon the walls start disappearing as well and when the floor disappears both Ryan and Rick are going down a vortex. “What’s happening?!” screams Rick floating. “I guess it won’t be that easy” says Ryan. After a while they finally reach solid land. 

Rick takes a look around. “Where the hell are we?” says Rick. He goes to Ryan and picks him up. “You did this…” says Rick as he puts him back on the ground. Rick tells himself not to panic and tells Ryan that all of this is a dream and that in a matter of seconds Ryan will be gone. Rick closes his eyes. He counts to ten and opens his eyes. “GET OUT OF MY DREAM!” says Rick as he pushes Ryan aside. “Emm Rick…this isn’t a dream” says Ryan. “What do you mean, punk?” says Rick with an angry expression in his face. Ryan feels intimidated by it. Ryan explains the whole wish thing and how he wanted to take back the wish. Rick laughs. “Am I being Punk’d?” says Rick. “Where are the cameras?” Rick then notices that Ryan is indeed telling the truth as he looks both worried and guilty. “I’m sorry” says Ryan. “You’re getting me out of this. If not you’re dead” says Rick as he proceeds down a dirt path road. Rick sees tracks and follows them. So does Ryan. The tracks lead to a forest. Ryan stops and Rick notices this as he hears no more footsteps. He sees Ryan standing there too scared to go into the forest. Rick tells him that nothing is going to happen and that if something does he is strong enough to bring it down. Ryan slowly steps into the forest. As they walk they notice the forest seem to get darker and darker. A breeze makes the trees move creating the atmosphere to be a bit scarier. Ryan gets closer to his brother and even holds his hand. Suddenly, they both hear someone is following them. They turn but see nothing. Out of nowhere they see a pair of red eyes coming closer and closer. “Run!” yells Rick. They both run as fast as they can. Ryan is getting a bit tired and he is falling behind. Rick gets him and carries him. “It’s a good think I run track” says Rick. Ryan turns around and sees that a creature is following them. It is a werewolf. “Oh Red Riding Hood! I got you now!” says the wolf in a very frightening hoarse voice. “It’s the big bad wolf!” says Ryan. He tells Rick to run faster. “I can’t! I could only run for sooo long!” says Rick as he is beginning to slow down. Suddenly, he trips and both of them fall down. Rick hugs Ryan and tells him that this nightmare will be over before they know it. They both close their eyes.

Out of nowhere a very strong light appears. Ryan opens his eyes and asks “Are we dead?” The wolf is nowhere to be seen. The light is now far less bright. Rick opens his eyes and sees a beautiful girl about his age. She is wearing a beautiful bluish whitish dress. After a moment of silence both Rick and Ryan slow down their heavy breathing. “Who are you?” asks Ryan as he gets up. Rick gets up as well and combs his hair to make sure it looks nice. He extends his hand and the both shake hands. “My name is Rick and I’m captain of the football team” says Rick as he is trying to make an impression. “My name is Dara and I’m a Star” says Dara. Rick giggles and says “You must be a star, because you always shine when I look at you.” Ryan looks a bit confused and says that it doesn’t make any sense. Ryan then explains to Dara about taking back the wish and how they have no idea where they are. “You guys ended up in the land of washed up wishes. Everything in here was wished away” says Dara as they continue walking. “Wait, how come you ended up here? You’re too beautiful” says Rick. Dara says that astrology professors said the star made no sense and would ruin the horoscope cycle. “So let’s see if I understand. We are in a land full of unwanted things. How will we find the single thing we are looking for?” says Ryan. “That’s going to be a challenge. You see this land is split up into three parts. Right now we are in fairy-tale region” says Dara. “That would explain the big bad wolf !” says Rick as he is trying to put all this puzzle together. Dara says yes and that the forest is full of awful creatures. It is extremely dangerous. 

They see a cottage in the distance and they agree that it would be best for them to rest, because darkness had appeared in the woods and like Dara said awful fairytales appear in the night. So all three of them enter the cottage and turn on a few candles and a lamp. The house seems kind of dirty and Dara unleashes her “star” magical power. She put her hand forward and says a few Greek words and the house cleans up by itself. “Can she get any more amazing?” says Rick. Ryan rolls his eyes. Along with cleaning the house we see that Dara’s powers make them a lovely dinner with the supplies that are in the cottage. As they are eating their meal they hear footsteps coming from outside. They seem to be a lot. Ryan gets under the table as they get louder and louder. Suddenly, the door slams open and that causes the candles to go off. Not knowing what entered the house, Rick also gets under the table. Dara suddenly lights up and we see seven dwarfs lined up. Rick comes out from the table and laughs. “I can’t believe I was scared of snow white’s dwarfs” says Ryan. “I prepared dinner for everyone and cleaned your home in exchange for a one night stay in your cottage” says Dara with a convincing tone. The dwarfs get in a circle and discuss whether they stay or not. Finally one of the friendly dwarfs comes up and tells them that they can stay. Suddenly, Grumpy, the dwarf, has a anger tantrum. The entire group convinces him that it’s just going to be one night. “Maybe, they’ll bring Snow White back” says one of the dwarfs. “Fine… but they are not getting anywhere near my bed!” says Grumpy as he goes to his bed and closes the door. “Gee, what’s his problem?” says Rick as he gives up his seat so one of the dwarfs can sit down and eat. “That’s just grumpy…he’s been even angrier ever since they kidnapped Snow White” says a dwarf. “What happened to her?” asks Ryan. The dwarfs explain that they are not sure, but one of the dwarfs saw Snow White picking strawberries when suddenly she was taken away by a dragon. “Who would do such a thing?” says Ryan. “Queen Beatrix the Great and King Alexander…the evilest in this part of the world. They have been seeking for power ever since they found out no one in the actual world knows their story.” After the feast they sleep. Dopy and another dwarf give up their beds so Rick and Ryan can sleep. As Rick is beginning to fall asleep he see’s Dara staring at the fire. Rick gets up and sits next to her. “Why aren’t you getting your beauty sleep? Oh that’s right..You don’t need it” says Rick. Dara laughs and tells him “I can’t sleep…I’m a star. Remember?” The two pass the night talking about their worlds and how it is. 

The next morning Rick and Ryan wake up, but they are no longer in the cottage but in a cell being carried away in a dragon. Both of them start freaking out. They yell for help and both of them are looking for Dara. “Where are we? What’s happening?” says Rick freaked out. One of the men on the dragon tells them that they have been arrested for stealing a star. “They want Dara” says Ryan. The dragon starts descending when they see the village. The dragon lands on top of the big castle centered in the middle. The guards at the topo fthe castle escort them inside and they walk until they reach the dungeon. The detail in the castle is very fancy as everything appears to be made out of the best materials that include marble, gold, silver, and precious diamonds and gems. 

Ryan and Rick are in a cell located in the middle of the dungeon. As we look around them we see that there is crocodile’s surrounding the cage. Rick is panicking, but then he remembers that he has to keep a tough image in front of his little brother. Ryan thinks it is over. He closes his eyes and we see a tear running down his face. Rick goes over to Ryan. "Listen, I know this is a dream..but we can get through this. Plus you've never been the type to give up" says Rick touching Ryan's shoulder. Ryan then smiles and wipes the tears from his face. "That's it!" says Ryan. Ryan reaches for his pocket and finds a screwdriver. Rick smiles as well. "How come you carry a screwdriver around?" asks Rick as Ryan tries to open the cage. "Good question" says Ryan. The cage door opens. "Now..what do we do about these crocodiles?" asks Ryan. Suddenly, we hear a girls voice. "Do you hear that?" asks Rick. "Hear what?" says Ryan in response, "If you're referring to the sound of hungry crocodiles...then yeah. I hear it!" We hear the voice again. It's the voice of Dara. "Listen, these crocodiles are tough and fierce, but they have a weakness. Sing. They love music. Do that and you'll get through them" says Dara through Rick's head. "We have to sing" says Rick. Ryan looks at him funny. "Come on...sing" says Rick. Rick begins singing. The song they sing comes to life with all sorts of beats from running water, hungry crocodiles and other prisoners. As they sing the crocodiles stop paying attention to them. Rick and Ryan then jump each crocodile till they get to the door. "We have to find Dara" says Ryan."Follow me" says Rick. They both are very sneaky. "She's locked up in a tower" says Rick. "Like Rupunzel?" asks Ryan. Rick nods his head and they go under the castle into an underground pathway that leads straight to the tower. As they run through the tunnel they come across the same dragon that brought them to the dungeon. "We are screwed" says Ryan. 

In the tower we see Dara tied up against the wall and we see King Alexander walking back and forth with guards next to the door. "My wife and I have been searching for you for a very long time. But now we finally got you. I understand stars like you make wishes?" says Alexander. "We only make wishes to people with pure hearts. And neither you nor your wife have one" says Dara with a very calm voice. "I was afraid you might say that" said Alexander, "Perhaps..we can change that." The guards are coming closer to Dara. Dara makes herself glow to the point where the King and the guards are completely blind. The light becomes less bright and they open their eyes only to find Dara missing. They look out the window and they see the dragon flying in the sky with Dara, Rick, and Ryan. Ryan waves at the king. Alexander looks pissed off and whistles. A purple/bluish dragon arrives at the tower in a matter of seconds. Along with 6 other smaller dragons. "After them! We can't let her get away!" says Alexander. Ryan looks behind them and freaks out. Rick looks behind as well and he tells the dragon to go faster. The other dragons start breaththing fire and they aim at the enemy. The dragon manages to dodge all fireballs. King Alexander looks frustrated. "They're getting away!" says Alexander as he leads the rest of the army. Suddenly, Alexander has an idea. He recalls that every dragon although invincible they do have a weakness. They have a weak spot in their bodies that isn't protected. In fact they had two, the belly and the eyes. Knowing this Alexander whispers into his dragon's ears and tells him where to aim. The dragon follows the order of his master, even if it means hurting another fellow dragon. The dragon aims at the belly but misses the first couple of tries. All of a sudden Alexander tells his guards to stop. "We lost her" said Alexander as Dara goes past some mountains. 

They pass the mountains and the dragon lands in the grass. "What's happening? Why are we stopping and why are the bad guys not chasing us?" asks Ryan. As they get off the dragon Dara explains that fairytales are to stay in their designated land. They are not allowed to leave. If they do, they disappear for good. In fact, every "era" is suppose to stay in their places. Ryan says goodbye to the dragon and tells him that now he is free. "Remember, you don't have to do anything you don't want to do" says Ryan as he gives the dragon a final goodbye hug. They cross the invisible line that leads them to another part of this weird land, according to Rick. They continue walking and talking through yet another forest. "I still don't get how I could hear your voice at the castle" says Rick with confusion. Dara smiles and tells him that stars can communicate through minds as well. "But why me? and not Ryan?" asks Rick hoping for a good answer. "Because Rick.." says Dara as she is interrupted by Ryan. "Do you guys hear that?" asks Ryan. Everyone shuts up for a while and stop walking. They hear music. They continue walking and the music keeps on getting louder. They finally see buildings and inhabitants. The houses are of all sorts of colors. "Now we know where the other side of the rainbow leads to" says Rick joking. The people in the neighborhood have tall shoes and pantsuits. They have 70's clothes. Everything is so funky looking. "I think we should stop here for the night" says Dara.

As they enter further into the neighborhood they run into a couple. The guys name is Ernest and the girls name is Vicky. They go to a "hang out" place. It's more like a club. There are people dancing in the middle of the room with glowing colorful lights in the bottom. Rick and Ryan are amazed by it all. Dara is too. "These lights are as beautiful as yours. Except yours are better" says Rick as he gets his flirt on. Ernest laughs, but Dara makes facial expressions telling Rick to shut it with the star jokes. They pick out a booth and then they start talking, without giving too much away. "What you're doing young man is very brave" says Vicky. "You're taking responsibility for your own actions" continues Vicky. Ryan starts feeling bad and she notices this and changes the conversation. "So do you guys know how to dance?" asks Vicky and Ernest at the same time. They don't answer. Vicky takes both Ryan and Rick to the dance floor and teaches them how to disco. They struggle at first, but after a few scenes they are experts as they are the center of attention. Rick goes to the booth and grabs Dara. "Dance with me" says Rick. Dara says yes. They both start dancing and they toss and turn. The song finishes and Rick kisses Dara. Ryan is shocked by this. Dara smiles and she starts to show her glow. "Dara, you're glowing" says Rick. "Why, thank you" says Dara. "No literally...you're glowing" says Rick. Dara freaks out, but she can't stop it. The dance floor shuts down and everyone in the club realizes that Dara is a star. Ernest grabs Dara by the hand and Vicky grabs Ryan and Rick follows them. Everyone starts chasing Dara. Out of breath all five of them enter a building. "I don't understand why you two didn't turn against us. You do know stars grant wishes right?" says Dara. "Honey, we knew you were a star from the moment we saw you" says Vicky. "If we wanted to hold you hostage we would've done so already" says Ernest. "I'm glad that there is still some pure hearts in this corrupt world" says Dara. They hear people coming closer as they are checking every house/store. They go into the basement and turn on a machine. Ernest explains that this machine was found on the outskirts of their section. "This machine can transport you across other sections of this world" says Ernest. They all get in. "Wait..I don't understand why you two haven't gotten out of here" says Ryan. "We belong here. We can't leave our section if not we vanish" says Vicky. The mob comes in searching the top of the building where the teleported is. Ernest sets up the machine and it's loading. "We found them" says one of the people from the mob. The machine starts glowing inside and we see electricity inside. Before they reach the machine they are gone. 

All three of them end up at an abandoned house. They get out of the house only to find a modern looking city. "We have reached our destination" says Dara. They look around and see various skyscrapers including the World Trade Center. "Since, you decided to take back your wish..the man you're looking for is located on the North Tower. Look for a man named Brandon" says Dara. "I can go no further" says Dara. "Why?" asks Rick who is devastated by the news. Dara tells Rick that she is only a guide and that's all she will ever be. Dara leaves the scene and Rick can't believe it. As Dara leaves we see a tear coming down her face. "Just like that" says Rick. "Fine...Let’s get what you came for" says Rick in anger. They enter the tower and get into the elevator and press the top floor button. They ask for a man named Brandon and everyone points in the same direction. The big office in the back. Brandon is talking to a man. We don't hear what he is saying, but he looks a bit pissed off. The other man stands up and gets out of the room. Brandon smiles as he sees both of them going into his office. "Well...what do we have here. Ryan isn't it?" says Brandon as he shakes Ryan's hand. "Yes sir. And this is my brother Rick" says Ryan in response. Ryan tells Brandon that he wants Jeffrey back. "As you wish" says Brandon as he presses a button. The windows darken so no one can see inside the office. Suddenly, all the desks and furniture move as Brandon presses a button. The center of the room opens and a clear cylinder rises from below. The doors open and Brandon goes in. "Aren't you coming?" says Brandon. Ryan and Rick both get in. The ceiling of his room soon opens as well and they decent to the air. "It's my own private elevator" says Brandon. "I thought we were at the top level?" asks Ryan. Brandon says that the very top level is his own lab/study hall. They see plenty of gadgets and chemicals in it. There was also many screens. Brandon presses another button and a cage emerges from the top. "Ryan?! Is that you!? Help me!" says the voice of Jeffrey as it comes down. Ryan is glad to see Jeffrey. He runs to the cage and tells Brandon to open it. He wants to take back his wish. Brandon is about to open the cage and then he laughs evilly. "You didn't think it would be this easy did you?" says Brandon. "What do you want?" says Rick. Brandon turns on the screens. "It's easy...I want her!" says Brandon pointing to videos of Dara. "She left" says Rick with a disappointing tone. "Did she really?" says Brandon. Brandon's private elevator opens and we see a couple of men surrounding Dara with guns. "Let her go!" yells Rick. Brandon laughs. "I'll let all of you go. If Dara makes a wish for me" says Brandon as he gets closer to her. "I only make wishes to people with pure hearts" says Dara trying to keep calm. Brandon holds a gun against her head. "How about now?" says Brandon. Dara starts crying. "I can't do anything!" says Dara. "Stop. The death of a star creates a black hole!" says Rick. "You kill her. We all die" says Ryan. Brandon laughs. "We don't exist remember?" says Brandon. As he is about to pull the trigger the top of the North Tower goes up in flames and right through it comes a dragon. It's the same dragon that saved them from King Alexander. All of them are in shock. "A pure heart" says Dara smiling. The dragon opens the three cages and all of them get out, but it's too late. Brandon still has hold of Dara and is going to kill her. Rick sees Dara and they communicate through mind once again. "No...I can't do that! What about you?" screams Dara. "I wish Dara was never wished away" says Rick as he closes his eyes. Dara disappears in the blink of an eye. Brandon shouts in frustration. "Well I guess we are all stuck inside here" says Brandon. "Or not" says Brandon as he jumps into his helicopter. Brandon presses yet another button. "The building will self destruct in 3-2" says the intercom. Rick, Jeffrey, and Ryan get on top of the dragon. "1". The building starts collapsing. The dragon tries to fly, but part of the roof falls on its wings. Rick hugs Ryan. "I know I never told you this, but I love you little brother" says Rick. Ryan grabs Jeffrey's hand. "I didn't mean for any of this to happen. It was all my fault" says Ryan. Jeffrey tells him that he shouldn't blame himself. They all close their eyes as the building is falling down. The screen goes blank. 

Ryan wakes up screaming. He notices that he is in his own room. He looks outside his window and see's that everything is normal. *knock knock* "Champ...are you okay?" says Tyler as he comes into his room. Ryan jumps and hugs his dad. "Where's Rick?" says Ryan. Rick rushes into Ryan's room and hugs him. "Some dream huh bro?" says Rick smiling and hugging his brother. "Honey, come and see this!" says Tyler. Miriam is shocked to see them hug. "Group hug!" says Tyler and they all join. 

Back at school Ryan is dropped off once again by his father. "Have a good day son" says Tyler. "Thanks dad" says Ryan as he goes down from the vehicle. He is greeted by Clarissa and Albert. "Do you guys wanna go to the swings before the bell rings?" says Clarissa. "Race you there!" says Ryan. All three of them run for it. They get to the swings and find Jeffrey there. Ryan smiles. "Emm..perhaps we'll go to the slide instead" says Albert. Ryan disagrees. "Hey, Jeffrey" says Ryan. "Hey. Thanks again for everything. I'm sorry for bullying you. It's just I've never had any friends" says Jeffrey with his head down. "What is Ryan doing?" says Clarissa as they see him talking to Jeffrey from the slide. "He's dead meat" says Albert. "I'm sorry for wishing you away" says Ryan feeling guilty about it all. "Do you want to go play with us?" says Ryan. Jeffrey has a smile on his face. "Sure" says Jeffrey. 

A cookout is taking place in Ryan's neighborhood and his friends and family are there including Jeffrey, the bully. They are all having a good time. Rick is there with his band and they will be playing for them. He seems rather disappointed and Ryan notices it. "Hey, I've never seen that star before" says Tyler as he looks into his telescope. "It just doesn't belong there" says Tyler and one of his friend. Rick rushes over there and looks into the telescope. Rick smiles. "It belongs there. It always has" says Rick. He rushes up stage with his band and starts singing their new single, "A New Beginning". The crowd loves their song. Ryan is rocking out with his friends. They come down from the stage as the song finishes and Rick notices a man that isn't from the neighborhood. In fact, it's a recording studio representative. "You guys rock. We would like to talk to you about a possible recording deal" says the man. Rick hugs the man and tells the band and his brother the news. They are all excited. "She's watching over us" says Ryan. "You said it little bro...you said it" says Rick as he carries Ryan on his shoulders. "Guys! The fireworks are starting" screams Miriam. They all take a look at the sky. "I wonder if she could see them from up there" says Ryan. Rick smiles.

Edited by Dr Awesome