BadAtGender

Weekend Actuals - Maleficent 69.4, DoFP 32.6, 1M Way 16.8, Zilla 12, Blend 8.14, Neigh 8.08, Spidey 3.8, 1M Arm 3.6

ow and legs changes perceptions.

if godzilla had opened to 65m and made 185m folks would have been happy.

but 93m/195-200m is not gonna cut it.

I know but, this is as impressive as the other, because of the trash 1998 movie and I really thought it would do around 50m and and then end at close to 150m. It never really looked like a leggy movie to me.

• Like 2

ow and legs changes perceptions.

if godzilla had opened to 65m and made 185m folks would have been happy.

but 93m/195-200m is not gonna cut it.

This summer has not been one for legs so far, and it remains crowded all the way through the end of August with at least 2-3 new releases every single week. February and September are the last 2 unclaimed months for big releases - we can also add "Non Easter holiday April" to the list as well actually.

I think one big issue this summer is that there is no movie which stands out, so people just keep moving to the next big movie the next weekend.

I know but, this is as impressive as the other, because of the trash 1998 movie and I really thought it would do around 50m and and then end at close to 150m. It never really looked like a leggy movie to me.

I was expecting it to open low and leg it out to around 205 or so based on the 98 movie. I thought this would be much better than that movie and WOM would help it overcome an okay opening of 65M or so.

Edited by grim22
  • Like 3

This summer has not been one for legs so far, and it remains crowded all the way through the end of August with at least 2-3 new releases every single week. February and September are the last 2 unclaimed months for big releases - we can also add "Non Easter holiday April" to the list as well actually.

I think one big issue this summer is that there is no movie which stands out, so people just keep moving to the next big movie the next weekend.

In a ways it's similar to 2011 summer, but that summer had one big event movie, which this one lacks. Still every movie OW have surpassed my expectations except for the dull ASM2. 

• Like 1

Too bad Jesse Eisenberg and Dakota Fanning's Night Moves is going mostly unnoticed and not exactly hailed by audiences.  They filmed some of it just up the street from my house.

Is it any good other than that? :P

• Like 2

I was expecting it to open low and leg it out to around 205 or so based on the 98 movie. I thought this would be much better than that movie and WOM would help it overcome an okay opening of 65M or so.

I wanted that too as I loved the movie, but it was in a tight place with DOFP, ASM2 and other small players.

• Like 1

Too bad Jesse Eisenberg and Dakota Fanning's Night Moves is going mostly unnoticed and not exactly hailed by audiences.  They filmed some of it just up the street from my house.

i think it looks pretty good. I've liked the other Kelly Reichardt movies I've seen, so i'll see it when I get a chance.

• Like 2