Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rorschach

Rorschach Reviews Y9 (Top 25 Time!)

Since the last topic I started was a big mess, I feel that specific pages would be better. Like Rukaio, I will do advanced screenings for any film (except documentaries). In terms of critical analysis, I'm sort of in between art house and blockbuster, not preferring one or the other but I try to treat all films on equal ground. I will give you a score between 1 and 10 (I did letter grades last year, will do it again in Year 10 to vary it up :P)I usually try to grade a film based on a couple of ways and these are the categories I look for, thanks to the Movie Night channel on Youtube.Enjoyment- Overall viewer satisfactionStory- Premise and Script WritingTechnical- Editing, directing, and soundActing- convincing portrayal of charactersVisuals- Cinematograpy and Visual EffectsImpact- Effectiveness in eliciting emotionPacing- Appropriate tempo for run timeBelievability- Realistic developments within contextAtmosphere- Music, Costumes, and Art DirectionRe-Watch/Re-Read- Likelihood of a repeated watchingThanks and have fun this year.P.S. You may PM me your story, like Films did when I read an early version of this coming years, "Moses".

Don't know if Believeability should be a factor in a movie's quality unless you're talking about the pacing.

In terms of the way I grade movies, Believability means reasonable developments made by the characters and if they seem legibly realistic in terms of the settings, environments, and the changing personality of the characters.

Since camping threw me off for the week, here are my late January reviews.Mine- 3/10, LameSamara- 5/10, AlrightShip of Lies- 6/10, GoodAlice in Horrorland- 5/10, AlrightTortoise Run- 3/10, LameAmong the Imposters- 6/10, GoodDystopia, USA- 7/10, CoolChange of Heart- 4/10, MehSky jumper- 7/10, Cool