Rorschach

Rorschach Reviews Y9 (Top 25 Time!)

So... Shall we continue?May Part 1OverdriveHonestly, I wasn't really expecting much out of it. Before Rukaio even posted it, I was prepared to give the film a good smack down. But then I remembered back to watching the previous two Fast and Furious movies. I thought they looked like crap but after watching them , my opinion on them changed. I applied that knowledge to my thought process while reviewing the film and it was actually pretty entertaining film. Was it a masterpiece? Hell no! Is it better than the previous Fast and Furious films? Not really. But like them, it was a fun thrill ride and an enjoyable popcorn flick at that.BThings That Are-_- The worst kind of generic there is.DLog HorizonDespite a rather uninteresting second act, the film, for the most part, is rather enjoyable. I could see myself going back and viewing it a second time. The characters and the environments they are surrounded in are a lot of fun and Visuals are also a blast to look it at. And when stuff starts happening, it is fantastique. Por favor, give me MORE!!!B+Epicer ChaseDon't get me started on the plot :lol: FStar Wars: Age of the RepublicStar Wars! Nothing but STAR WARS!!! I was honestly hoping for more action in the film but eh, I'm fine with it. :popcorn::jedi::father: A-

• Like 5

May Part 2Train 38I really liked this film. Based of the title, I originally thought this was going to be a Snowpiercer rip-off (Korean director, taking place on a train, Korean actors, all of that jazz). I was dead wrong. True, it may not be as good as I would have hoped for but at least it gave me something I could fully enjoy. Great job Train 38! Or Spaghetti! Either one deserves praise.A-Yzma Oh my god. How is this film only two hours long? If I was judging on Pacing, this film would probably get a D or so because a two hour film of this description length is just not right. But how is the film actually. Well for the most part, Tilda Swinton and Chris Pratt do a decent job with the script they are given but they are still no Eartha Kitt or Patrick Warburton. The rest of the cast, I'm EXTREMELY divided on. While I think the acting was okay, the fact that a good majority of them are celebrities is incredibly distracting. I cannot see Jonah Hill as Pacha, at all. Rose Byrne is okay but I can forgive her because, well, she's Rose Byrne. Dave Franco's Kuzco was a fairly decent choice, I'll say that. Overall, the film would have definitely been better had many filler scenes been cut out and some unnecessary scenes been thrown out entirely, I think the two hour runtime would've been justified. As it stands, it's okay. When the callbacks to the original occur, they are genuinely enjoyable to watch. I still don't get why Eva Green wasn't cast for the role. Sure she's younger than some of the actors in the film bit then again, I couldn't see any of these people portraying characters that are apparently in College.B-American IdiotI just don't see the appeal. I mean, I can't find that much to enjoy about. Musicals are one of my least favorite movie genres and this does not help it one bit. The plot and characters are ripped straight out from stories of other films and the situations I could care less for. Also I hate jukebox musicals. It's a cheap way of showing writers can't integrate original music into their film, it is incredibly pandering to the audience and I highly believe that it makes it dated. I hated it in Moulin Rouge! (One of the most overrated films of AllTime and definitely should NOT have been nominated for BP at the oscars) and I hate it here. Can't really say much else other than the visuals are quite nice to look at.D+ DauntlessI was hoping this would be good but I was wrong. It was awesome. This is kind of like the love child of Star Trek and Halo in a way, an odd combination, but it surprisingly works here. The action is pulse-poundingly intense and the musical score is beyond epic. And hey, it's even directed by Nicholas Meyer, the director of two of the better Star Trek feature films in the 80s and 90s. :D Everything works surprisingly in this film. It feels weird though sometimes as it does Re-use some plotlines in other Sci-Fi epics but who cares? Oh and the visuals are f*cking amazing as if you haven't already seen for yourself. ;)A

Edited by Rorschach
  • Like 4

June part 15 cm per SecondA beautiful love story focusing on various themes of rememberance and letting a loved one go.A-Tyrant III: The Final ChapterI think it's about time the town tried to murder the whiny brat.DFate Stay NightYour average fantasy film (which I don't think is a particularly wide-ranged genre as a whole because of he limitations on how far you can go with it) with some particuarly cool and surprising elements in it. Not the most memorable but certainly something.B+Sir Thyme's Time 2Not reading the original didn't really help my experience much with the film. That aside, it is still an enjoyable read whether or not you saw the original or not. It's entertaining at its deepest core.A-

Edited by Rorschach
  • Like 4

June Part 21,843 Miles and 28 Hours on I-75 SBlargh Blargh Blargh. I just wrote a better movie with those three words.D+Vinland SagaWhile I will say I was more invested in this film than Fate Stay Night, the overall "been there, done that" feel this movie has just brings the grade down for me. Still a tad bit intriguing though.C+3:40 A.M.David Hernie AIN'T going places. Thomas the Tank Engine proved so, and this further proves my point. I'm so glad I decided NOT to include him in the Creepypasta Cinematic Universe.DThe 39 Clues: Beyond the Grave:sleep:B-Kansas:nothingtoadd: This film is a Holocaust of cinema. Nothing is subtle. Nothing is resonates with you. It just sits devouring the intelligence of the viewer. Never before have I read something so over the top yet thinking it is saying something really meaningful. Never has a film made me more pissed off and more angry. The movie is a shameless rip-off of the documentary "Jesus Camp". I wouldn't mind so much, except for the fact that A. IT CAME OUT EIGHT YEARS AGO! B. Why can't you tell a different story. I wouldn't mind the fact that it is a total rip-off...if it was a PARODY.Actually, come to think of it, at certain points during the film, it feels like a parody of itself. That and coupled with many many unintentionally hilariously bad moments. This is more of a comedy than a Drama. F*ck you Kansas! I hope you rot in my backyard fire pit when I buy the DVD and roast it out on a fire pit.D-

Edited by Rorschach
  • Like 1