kayumanggi

OUIJA: ORIGIN OF EVIL | 10.21.16 | Universal | final domestic gross: $34,992,970

<strong class='bbc'>Automatic generated message</strong><br />This topic has been closed by a moderator.<br /><br /><strong class='bbc'>Reason:</strong> already a thread<br /><br />If you disagree with this action, please report this post and a moderator or administrator will reconsider it.<br /><br />Kind regards,<br />The Box Office Theory — Forums Staff

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/614563-e-t-star-henry-thomas-to-phone-ghosts-in-ouija-2

Henry Thomas will now be in this.

With that news and the news that the Oculus director will be directing this, I am very excited for this movie. And I still haven't even seen the first!

On ‎1‎/‎19‎/‎2015 at 7:49 AM, Baumer said:

What kind of reality check is that?  The first made 90 mill WW on a budget of ten dollars.  Why wouldn't they make another one?

Low Budget Horror movies are the closest thing to a guaranteed return on investment you will get in the film business. No matter how bad it looks, no matter how a clichéd ripoff of other,better,horror movies it might be, enough of the fanbase turns out ..if you have kept the budget low enough...to make a profit. Maybe not a big one,but a profit.

I admit I wish Horror movies fans would show better taste and avoid some of the ones that have "Stinker" written all over them.but I know that is not going to happen.

• Like 1

On 6/9/2016 at 6:37 PM, dudalb said:

Low Budget Horror movies are the closest thing to a guaranteed return on investment you will get in the film business. No matter how bad it looks, no matter how a clichéd ripoff of other,better,horror movies it might be, enough of the fanbase turns out ..if you have kept the budget low enough...to make a profit. Maybe not a big one,but a profit.

I admit I wish Horror movies fans would show better taste and avoid some of the ones that have "Stinker" written all over them.but I know that is not going to happen.

And yet you get truly brilliant stiff like It Follows that has no one show up.  It's not easy to make the next horror phenom.  The Conjuring doesn't happen every day.  I think Ouija was a good effort, not awesome, but good enough so I felt like my money was well spent.  

• Like 1