Dementeleus

Tuesday 6/3 actuals: Maleficent 7.196 DOFP 3.788, AMW 1.865 Godzilla 1.370 (Rth)

I think Fault is going to be a hit just by proxy, but I don't understand things like it's the most liked trailer in You Tube history, that really means nothing.

Thought it was Gangnam Style.

I think Fault is going to be a hit just by proxy, but I don't understand things like it's the most liked trailer in You Tube history, that really means nothing.

No different than when people say a movie is going to be a big hit because of its trailer views on Youtube.

It didn't have insane presales at all. It was a big walk-up movie.

I will leave this to you experts, I am clueless when it comes to these things like pre-sales, matinees, walk-up and other shit pertaining to the theaters in the US alone. 

Well, sure -- it's going to be profitable after the first weekend alone. But objectively that doesn't mean the numbers are insane.

True, but it's still very good.

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Like 1

I don't think it'd drop that much on Sat.

It should have a huge Sat drop if it plays like a lot of breakouts among the young female audience. They tend to rush to see things more than any other demo. Magic Mike for example fell 42% on Saturday with a similar OD.

It should have a huge Sat drop if it plays like a lot of breakouts among the young female audience. They tend to rush to see things more than any other demo. Magic Mike for example fell 42% on Saturday with a similar OD.

Lets see if it beats the 73% women audience on OW of Magic Mike. 

Maleficent's actually having really good week days. I'd say there's a strong chance it stays #1 this weekend, unless Fault really breaks out.

You meant to type until I do believe, "....until Fault really breaks out."

Here's some anecdotal "evidence" to chew. The book is among the top 5 books that stays checked out of Davidson Co.(Nashville) Middle School Libraries and while it's not in the top 5 it's in heavy rotation among our high school libraries. I don't think we are unique in that regard concerning it's popularity. 

Edited by Captain Craig