AniNate

Joy | David O. Russell | Christmas 2015 | New Trailer on Page 20!

Well, that teaser trailer gave us no indication of what the story is about. Well, I did take away that it's about a girl who was led to believe that life would be easier than how it turns out to be, so never mind...it does give me an indication of what it is about. However, it's a good teaser and it does what teasers are supposed to do. Clearly, the movie is being sold on Lawrence's star power. Good for her.

Me, I am not compelled to watch it. Not yet at least. I will probably need to see another trailer...

Edited by cochofles
  • Like 1

I bet this actually makes a good sum of money. Good counter-programming for the behemoth that will be Star Wars.

The story is quite compelling. It is about Joy Mangano, inventor of the miracle mop and I guess her interactions with four generations in her family. It is a really interesting story, full of betrayal. Joy is a really powerful lady and I think it will have a strong feminist message

• Like 2

So what's this about?

EDIT having just read up on it, this trailer had the most unnecessary shit in it ever. It's about the woman that created the Miracle Mop...

Edited by AJG

So what's this about?

EDIT having just read up on it, this trailer had the most unnecessary shit in it ever. It's about the woman that created the Miracle Mop...

It would've been really funny if the editors had cut a trailer that focused on her Miracle Mop achievement and used a more peppy, joyful tone, pun intended.

• Like 1

So what's this about?

They kind of spoil the movie when she use the shotgun to create the mop.